HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Kingdom Of Skies Theft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Komaeda Nagito
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Server : IE
Male Posts : 1320

PostSubject: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

If you all haven't heard already this new server has been caught stealing Textures, Prey,Terrains, and even stole from the Feral Heart Community. People from all 3 servers last night went to speak to the admins

*Lovebug
*Wolfgod101
*Epicangelpup/blueinferno

And they refused to cooperate. There behavior was absolutely ridiculous especially Love bugs and Wolfgods. Inferno just took there name off the xat to hide. Love bug and Wolf god basically cussed everyone out.

If you want the proof of the stolen files you will have to download their client and un encrypt there data.

Heres the stolen goods I could get screencaps of.

This is the stolen particles from a user named drek on the FH forums. Not only did they use them withought permission they took credit for all dreks work.

His particle materials are encrypted in preset.dat if you want there files send me a pm.

Troll Kitten (c) to nello for IW use only

The Stolen default terrain This I was unsure of since I had never played SOE but according to one of those morons it is SOEs default

If you look at the mini map they stole Impressive elements Mini map icons.

I was asked to post this thread so everyone is aware of the stupidity of these 3 low life thieves. Keep them on your forum at your own risk.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Moonsong

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:48 am

I have told Lovebug not to turn the server on for any purpose, even testing things. As to the denial you speak of, allow ME to take responsibility for that and tell you that I know what was done wrong and that wrong will be righted.
Back to top Go down
Slycan

Game username : Sly
Server : KITO
Female Posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:49 am

Due to KITO being , by name " Open Source " , there's very little we can do without causing a hassle in order to keep the source public for everyone as originally intended.

Now I'm not going to point fingers, but you servers that can't figure out how to encrypt your game files ( like IW has ) are at the highest risk of having your content stolen over and over again by these 11 to 15 year old wanna-be game developers.

We all know this isn't the first time something like this has happened but was brushed off. KITO is only here to provide help and tools, not common since.
Back to top Go down
Komaeda Nagito
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:49 am

Moonsong wrote:
I have told Lovebug not to turn the server on for any purpose, even testing things. As to the denial you speak of, allow ME to take responsibility for that and tell you that I know what was done wrong and that wrong will be righted.

Your game has stolen Gui icons from IE
Default Terrain from SOE
Textures from SOE and IW
PArticles and meshes from Drek

I hope to god all these will be removed.
Back to top Go down
Moonsong

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:54 am

That is exactly what I mean. We're going to have terrains, masks, textures, icons and the like made from scratch. It's already begun, as a staff member of KoS has started making them specifically FOR KoS.

Personally I am glad I was hired as an administrator. Apparently my insight on how to actually run a game and keep it original is far more necessary than I thought. Even open-sourced things aren't good in the face of making something from scratch.
Back to top Go down
Slycan

Game username : Sly
Server : KITO
Female Posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:15 am

lazyzim wrote:

Sadly this will always be the problem when something is given freely (IT compile)
without seeing who exactly wants it and if they have the skills to make it work.
~Lazyzim~

Kids stole content and art = Open source IT compile fault?

lol what?

It doesn't take more than a few brain cells for people , young or old, to figure out that stealing is a BIG no no, matter what source you are using to do so.

Last edited by Slycan on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:24 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Moonsong

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:22 am

X_X All of this is giving me a killer headache. I am trying way too hard to keep bad things from happening. All I can give is my word that no more thievery will happen on KoS. And I never break my word.
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:15 am

Slycan wrote:
lazyzim wrote:

Sadly this will always be the problem when something is given freely (IT compile)
without seeing who exactly wants it and if they have the skills to make it work.
~Lazyzim~

Kids stole content and art = Open source IT compile fault?

lol what?

It doesn't take more than a few brain cells for people , young or old, to figure out that stealing is a BIG no no, matter what source you are using to do so.

I am never going to accuse KITO of any wrong doing. The fact that there is an awesome compiler made by Redeye and co available is excellent. I was showing concern about the "Make me a server I wanna be and admin" requests that were freely made till it got way out of hand. The KITO forum is full of requests for "staff to make me animals" "Make me a map" I need coders and just about everything else. You have already made threads about this alarming behaviour. So if they can't find the people to do it for them then they will assume it is all up for grabs so it seems.

Just in the last few days since we made our new release I have been hit with a large amount of demands to be staff.
Typical example "We are the staff of Impressive (Insert a word here) we wish to join with your server. You supply us the Dragon's Den Server and we are willing to be staff on your server" (Not gonna bloody happen mate!).

Anyway without the witch burning / lynch mob it seems that Kingdom of Skys are going to fix it all so lets let them do it.

I am guessing that there are a lot of private servers out there chock full of "borrowed" stuff.

Until I can get the same encryption going as IW without crashing my compile I will assume that everything I put up for download will be pulled apart.

Anyway I continue to learn.
~Lazyzim~

Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:20 am

Difference being that some of their admins are refusing or denying that they ever stole stuff in the first place and when a member from another server who owns said stolen material goes and talks to them about it, they shout 'GTFO' and that its none of their business when in fact, it is.

It would not be such a huge issue if it wasn't for their complete and utter ignorance to the fact they were stealing - I mean, ASKING would have been nice! - arrogance and shameful behaviour this wouldn't have been dragged out. It makes it worse by having these people be people many of us know - or who have had experience in the past - as liars, hackers, haters or scammers so the suspicion and anger levels are already through the roof.

Yes at times I'm aware some comments are too far over the line and shouldn't have been mentioned, yes I'm aware it's difficult to create stuff, yes I'm aware that it's easy to steal stuff from servers and yes I'm aware that people are just making servers to become admin, yes we may just be assuming things from the list of stuff already said about them BUT, it's not excusable!

I mean, if 'stuff is up for download and it will be pulled apart' it's no different to supplying stuff in a store and people stealing products.
They get caught by alarms, by police. It's stealing, it's theft, they never asked, they never even tried to hide that they stole half of it and it's wrong.

I would hope to see KoS staff fix their game but I visit their forum and they never renovated and remove the content that was stolen and used on the forums actual design. Not to mention anyone who signs up that is with KITO or supports someone who's stuff was stolen gets their account deleted - usually their IP banned - and the admins/moderators cussing them out to leave the server.

And because of that, most of us highly doubt it'll be fixed.

@moonsong: I for one am not pissed at those of the staff that had literally nothing to do with it. I'm directing everything to those that did. Your head admin, the game creator and the server admin. While you can not prove you had nothing to do with it, I'm inclined to believe you.
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

Male Posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:29 am

Well said ShadoWolfozo.

~Lazyzim~
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:36 am

Just think I should point out that that isn't SoE's Default terrain - the old or new one they're using now.

It is in fact the original Impressive Elements Default terrain - heavily modified, but the source is clear as crystal. (I still haven't deleted IE off my comp, oops XD)

Is IE's Default terrain public property? I only ask because Impressive Leone is using an unedited version - an exact copy. ^^;

~ObeyTheFist~

EDIT: Just looked out of curiosity at the original IT v. 0.7 and discovered that it's the same terrain. So I don't think that counts as stealing, they just modified it. I'm not sure about any of the rest, but they certainly didn't steal the Default terrain.
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
Moonsong

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:23 pm

@ShadoWolfozo

Well, I do wish I had proof, but all I can say is that I honestly haven't really been too active on the internet as of late. Real life's been extremely busy, what with trying to find a new job and just barely affording rent, as well as spending way more time with my girlfriend rather than on anything having to do with the game.

All I can say is that I am not a part of any thievery. All I've got are Skype logs to back me up: Their timestamps are not something I believe can be altered if I show you directly with a livestream. It'd prove my inactivity and my uninvolvement with any wrongdoing. At least I hope so.

Besides, I'm about as good a programmer as I am at sports: I make a better ball or net than a player.

Anyway, I will be doublechecking to see if everything stolen is removed from the forum.

@Eyes Rutherford

I wish you could've had a more civil tongue when we spoke in PM. I am very disappointed in your lack of ability to talk without being insulting when all I was doing was explaining my position and trying to clean up this entire mess.
Back to top Go down
Sempiternal

Game username : Sempiternal
Server : - looking for one -
Female Posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:46 am

Huh, I managed to have a conversation with Lovebug on another server o:
Seems like she says all of this is just a lie LOL
I told her to remove the stolen items/textures/prey, hopefully she'll keep the promise~ o3o
Back to top Go down
Moonsong

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:48 am

Uhm... Lovebug isn't the host of that server and she's not the one who's stolen anything. Yea.

EDIT: Ah you mean KoS. The server is down at my urging, as I said. Same as it being at MY urging that everything be made from scratch. Your request, no, EVERYONE'S request to have the stuff that was not permitted to be used to be removed, has been accepted. That's why I'm here in this forum thread to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Sempiternal

Game username : Sempiternal
Server : - looking for one -
Female Posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:14 am

Haha, everyone knows that xD Just got to say my opinions about it all to her (:
And yeah, I posted this before you told me that xD Anyways, I guess its all solved now o:
I hope ;-;
just hope ID doesn't start stealing from other servers too xD
Back to top Go down
Virus

Game username : Virus
Server : Impressive Title Resurrection
Female Posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:46 pm

I'd hope not.
Back to top Go down
Meadowstar

Game username : Meadowstar (or sometimes Meadowstar01)
Female Posts : 1167

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:52 pm

VirusTheOverlord wrote:
I'd hope not.

I still have my doubts, but hopefully they actually live up to their promise and make EVERYTHING from scratch. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Komaeda Nagito
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:14 pm

Meadowstar wrote:
VirusTheOverlord wrote:
I'd hope not.

I still have my doubts, but hopefully they actually live up to their promise and make EVERYTHING from scratch. Neutral

There still using the stolen icon art along with (c) music such as gangnam style
Back to top Go down
Virus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:55 pm

Eyes Rutherford wrote:
Meadowstar wrote:
VirusTheOverlord wrote:
I'd hope not.

There still using the stolen icon art along with (c) music such as gangnam style

That /is/ true.
they have really bad music including Monster High q- p
Back to top Go down
Meadowstar

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:15 am

VirusTheOverlord wrote:
Eyes Rutherford wrote:
Meadowstar wrote:
VirusTheOverlord wrote:
I'd hope not.

That /is/ true.

I was on their game just a few minutes ago, and you're right. (Although, I usually don't like that kind of music, so most of the time I just mute it. 8U) No offence to anyone, but I don't think they should be running a server... ._.
Back to top Go down
Virus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:27 am

Meadowstar wrote:
VirusTheOverlord wrote:
Eyes Rutherford wrote:
Meadowstar wrote:
VirusTheOverlord wrote:
I'd hope not.

That /is/ true.

I was on their game just a few minutes ago, and you're right. (Although, I usually don't like that kind of music, so most of the time I just mute it. 8U) No offence to anyone, but I don't think they should be running a server... ._.

They're still kids. q- p
Back to top Go down
Meadowstar

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:05 am

VirusTheOverlord wrote:
Meadowstar wrote:
VirusTheOverlord wrote:
Eyes Rutherford wrote:
Meadowstar wrote:
VirusTheOverlord wrote:
I'd hope not.

That /is/ true.

They're still kids. q- p

True, but age does not equal maturity. It really varies from person to person. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Komaeda Nagito
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:11 am

Meadowstar wrote:
VirusTheOverlord wrote:
Meadowstar wrote:
VirusTheOverlord wrote:
Eyes Rutherford wrote:
Meadowstar wrote:
VirusTheOverlord wrote:
I'd hope not.

That /is/ true.

They're still kids. q- p

True, but age does not equal maturity. It really varies from person to person. Neutral

Kid or not mature or not the issue is them not removing the content they stole. Those icons were created by Axges Bladecat the owner of IK.
Back to top Go down
Meadowstar

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:37 am

Eyes Rutherford wrote:
Meadowstar wrote:
VirusTheOverlord wrote:
Meadowstar wrote:
VirusTheOverlord wrote:
Eyes Rutherford wrote:
Meadowstar wrote:
VirusTheOverlord wrote:
I'd hope not.

That /is/ true.

They're still kids. q- p

Kid or not mature or not the issue is them not removing the content they stole. Those icons were created by Axges Bladecat the owner of IK.

Something should probably be done about this. One night, when I tried to politely make my point clear to one of the admins (not saying names), all I got was: "OMG I HATE U U MONSTER U SO MEAN I NEVER FORGIVE U AGAIN MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". -_-
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:46 am

They still have stolen artwork on their KoS Forum Neutral
Back to top Go down
Delete me.
Coder
Coder

Male Posts : 353

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:20 am

I'm attempting to get these things removed so we can all be done with this. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Virus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:16 pm

Meadowstar wrote:
Eyes Rutherford wrote:
Meadowstar wrote:
VirusTheOverlord wrote:
Meadowstar wrote:
VirusTheOverlord wrote:
Eyes Rutherford wrote:
Meadowstar wrote:
VirusTheOverlord wrote:
I'd hope not.

That /is/ true.

They're still kids. q- p

Something should probably be done about this. One night, when I tried to politely make my point clear to one of the admins (not saying names), all I got was: "OMG I HATE U U MONSTER U SO MEAN I NEVER FORGIVE U AGAIN MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". -_-

quoteception
//brick'd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Of Skies Theft   

Back to top Go down

Kingdom Of Skies Theft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Warnings-
Jump to: