HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Critter Spawns

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kazui

PostSubject: Critter Spawns   Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:11 pm

Here I am, once again. I'm so sorry for spamming here..! I keep bumping into new questions all the time, so this is the only way I know of if I want to get an answer.

Please do excuse me if there's already an answer for this somewhere here, I am very bad at finding things in general. Yes, I tried searching.

However, my question is, is it possible to move for example Playground's critter spawn information to cd2? I doubt it's as easy as copy-pasting the information from the .cfg file to the unencrypted cd2 file and then encrypting it again.

Again, please do excuse me for constantly asking stuff. Also sorry for my bad explanation, I do hope someone understands what I mean.

Thank you again!

Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Critter Spawns   Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:52 pm

This i imagine would have to be done in the source but im not sure where or how.
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 380

PostSubject: Re: Critter Spawns   Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:43 pm

it is pretty easy, actually. not exactly copy and paste, but nearly.

if you look in cd2 you find critters set up based on maps they are in. such as

[Marsh]
limit = 40
critterList=Hawk,0.8
critterList=Dire Hawk,0.1
critterList=Snake,0.05
critterList=Python,0.005
critterList=Frog,0.05
critterList=Great Hawk,0.0005

[Marsh] being the map you want the critters in. So adding a new section with the header [Playground] starts you off.

limit = 40 is the exact same thing as [Limit] inside playgroundcritters. In your new section, make it match as limit = 80

the rest is the critters, obviously. it lists critter name first, followed by the spawnrate. in playgroundcritters, these are broken up into Type and Rate under a header of [Critter]. Simply put them into your new section the same way that the other maps show.

[Critter]
Type=Red Panda
Rate=0.1

becomes

critterList=Red Panda,0.1

do this for the rest of the critters and then save, convert, and drop back into your game. you should now be able to delete/remove playgroundcritters and still have the critters spawn in the map. no source code edits required Wink
Back to top Go down
kazui

PostSubject: Re: Critter Spawns   Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:50 pm

Hamilton wrote:
it is pretty easy, actually. not exactly copy and paste, but nearly.

if you look in cd2 you find critters set up based on maps they are in. such as

[Marsh]
limit = 40
critterList=Hawk,0.8
critterList=Dire Hawk,0.1
critterList=Snake,0.05
critterList=Python,0.005
critterList=Frog,0.05
critterList=Great Hawk,0.0005

[Marsh] being the map you want the critters in. So adding a new section with the header [Playground] starts you off.

limit = 40 is the exact same thing as [Limit] inside playgroundcritters. In your new section, make it match as limit = 80

the rest is the critters, obviously. it lists critter name first, followed by the spawnrate. in playgroundcritters, these are broken up into Type and Rate under a header of [Critter]. Simply put them into your new section the same way that the other maps show.

[Critter]
Type=Red Panda
Rate=0.1

becomes

critterList=Red Panda,0.1

do this for the rest of the critters and then save, convert, and drop back into your game. you should now be able to delete/remove playgroundcritters and still have the critters spawn in the map. no source code edits required Wink

Thank you, kind one! ♥️ I'll be sure to give this a try!

EDIT:: One more question..! What if there's a roamArea, how should I go on about that? I see in the cd2 there's some roamArea set, but if I wanted to move Castle's critters to the cd2 the Hawks there have their own roamArea..? ;v;
Back to top Go down
kazui

PostSubject: Re: Critter Spawns   Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:41 pm

Sorry, but I have to bump this..!
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 380

PostSubject: Re: Critter Spawns   Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Roam areas work in cd2 similarly to how they work in the custom critters files. the difference being the usual "change [roam area] to roamarea=" as well as condensing all the info from 2 lines into 1.

[RoamArea]
Start=2500 500 2500
Range=5000 804 5000

roamArea=1400,0,1200,4000,580,1800

the 1400,0,1200 is the same as 'start=2500 500 2500'
while 4000,580,1800 is the same as 'end=5000 500 5000'

the first three numbers being your center point for the roam area, and the last three being the size it expands out to.

setting the roam area to a critter is also similar. you still need an index number. but you also have to tell the game to look for a roam area in the first place.

adding 'true' triggers the game to seek a roam area. following it with the roam area index tells it which roam area to get.

critterList=Salmon,0.4,true,0

this critter looks for the very first listed roam area. ie RoamAreaIndex=0

the index counts begin with 0 always. and increase by 1 for each roam area you add to the list for your chosen map. so if you have 4 roam areas defined, your max index number would be 3.

also: thank you for bumping this. lol im afraid i never would have noticed that new question if you hadn't ^_^;;
Back to top Go down
kazui

PostSubject: Re: Critter Spawns   Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:12 pm

Hamilton wrote:
Roam areas work in cd2 similarly to how they work in the custom critters files. the difference being the usual "change [roam area] to roamarea=" as well as condensing all the info from 2 lines into 1.

[RoamArea]
Start=2500 500 2500
Range=5000 804 5000

roamArea=1400,0,1200,4000,580,1800

the 1400,0,1200 is the same as 'start=2500 500 2500'
while 4000,580,1800 is the same as 'end=5000 500 5000'

the first three numbers being your center point for the roam area, and the last three being the size it expands out to.

setting the roam area to a critter is also similar. you still need an index number. but you also have to tell the game to look for a roam area in the first place.

adding 'true' triggers the game to seek a roam area. following it with the roam area index tells it which roam area to get.

critterList=Salmon,0.4,true,0

this critter looks for the very first listed roam area. ie RoamAreaIndex=0

the index counts begin with 0 always. and increase by 1 for each roam area you add to the list for your chosen map. so if you have 4 roam areas defined, your max index number would be 3.

also: thank you for bumping this. lol im afraid i never would have noticed that new question if you hadn't ^_^;;

Thank you, again! ♥️ You're so incredibly kind for giving me help this detailed. ;v;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Critter Spawns   

Back to top Go down

Critter Spawns
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: