HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

World of Denuo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kewlkiera
®
®

Game username : kewlkiera
Server : WoD:K (Owner)
Female Posts : 72
Location : Canada. Drinking maple syrup and riding moose 24/7.

PostSubject: World of Denuo   Sat May 27, 2017 10:04 pm

Forum | Donate (Info) |
Staff Applications* | DA Journal**

*Join as staff if you'd like a permanent position in contributing to our server (You will be paid if you have desirable skills ie. Map Making)
**Check out the DA Journal if you just want to be commissioned. Contains general info and our requirements.

Hello everyone,

It's been quite a while since I've ever had anything to do with Impressive Title projects. Needless to say, I needed a long break and hosting from my laptop was no longer possible after I had to make a big move. I realize it had impacted quite a few people in my previous project's community known as Infinite Life, but at the same time... Those same comments are what had given me back that long lost motivation I didn't even know I had. I'm proud to say that in my last project we've upheld outstanding feedback on how we've managed to maintain an overall friendly and loving community due to our past works. The team that we managed to gain through voluntary work was outstanding in each of their fields, allowing for prime administration and moderation within the community to keep everything in order.
To highlight a few, here are some quotes that were gathered regarding the shut-down of our past server, 'Infinite Life':

"Infinite Life was a really nice and friendly server. I will miss it so much."
- mydeer, former Member

"[It] was a nice experience to be working as a staff member of the IL community, and I'll never forget the memories I held here. I'll cherish them forever, and I hope everyone else will as well."

- Emiyuu, former IL Staff Member, current WoD Staff Member

"This server was amazing, and so was everyone I got a chance to meet."
- Squid, former Member, Top Donator of IL

I stopped doing a lot of activities that I enjoyed after finishing high school, but this sort of thing has never seemed to leave me. After tons of on and off progress, I decided I should at least give those the opportunity to wander about the fully functional forum of World of Denuo. This will hopefully give me the push I need to continue following through on what I'd like to accomplish for this project.

What I'd like to include by the time of the Server's Public Release (v1):
- All new Maps
Every single oIT map will be scrapped and replaced with original and exclusive terrains to explore in which you won't see anywhere else. We'll eventually have a map laid out of how each of the maps connects to one another to actually create a region of Denuo. There will be areas to accommodate certain Factions, which will also be explained below.

- Factions (Life, Death, and... ???)
Yes... Factions. If you've seen "Divergent", that's basically the same idea... However, we are not using this in the exact same manner. Each of your characters will represent a part of Denuo in a different way. To which these factions will (for now) include the titles of Life or Death. Will these be the ONLY factions? That's to be answered for another time. We also hope to have effective PvP in which opposing faction characters will be able to attack one another without "Friendly Fire".

- Leveling
Can't have PvP without a bit of leveling in there, can we? We hope to implement this so that you'll be able to have something to do via grinding and gaining EXP in order to become more powerful with gained health from each level... or some other gained attribute.

- Markets/Currency
A currency system will be crucial in order to actually create an economic atmosphere in Denuo. We'll also want to setup Markets with the currency so that you'll be able to purchase items, pets, and/or skills accordingly.

- Quests/NPCs
Quests and NPCs will be a big part of the server, as this is where you'll actually be able to gain a story for your character as well as their chosen Faction. We'd really like to be able to have separate spawn/start points for characters depending on the faction they chose so that they can learn about that side of Denuo individually as well. Not to mention you'll get some snazzy rewards every now and then for completing these quests.

- Items to accommodate Factions (Effective/Weak)
We'd hopefully like to include that Factions will all have their own unique items to wear and show off their pride in battle. Also, it'd be a bonus if we're able to get these items to work accordingly against their weaker opponent if they're in another faction. For instance, Life items would be more effective against Death players than normal weapons, and Death items would be more effective against Life players than normal weapons.

- New player models?
Don't hold us to this. It's a nice thought but it will require a lot of work that may include re-rigging each of the items to fit the newer models. So for now, it's only an idea.

- Creature attributes (Speed, swim, strength, etc.)
Your characters will each have their own skill stats. Last Moon has this implemented, but we think it'll help bring an extra spark to Denuo in giving your character some individuality. This may just count on which head/tail/markings you choose.

**We'll also need concept artists to help us lay out maps, items, and prey.**

How can you Help?
Well, the first step would be to check out our forum and register. From there, make sure you review our Rules and Regulations (the icon for the page is located in the table on the left side of the forum), then check out the thread labeled "Our First Announcement".

PLEASE NOTE: If you are interested in becoming a staff member for WoD and are able to contribute content to the server, then please make sure you check out the Staff Applications on the forum for more info. If we like your work, you could even be paid (Yes, real $$$) for submitting your content to us.

AND ANOTHER NOTE: The forum still needs to have a few threads put up and modifications made, so it WILL look a little bare... So BARE (endmypuns) with us as we continue to try to fully optimize the site.

Now before you go off on me saying "OH THIS IS JUST ANOTHER POTENTIAL SERVER OWNER THAT JUST SITS BACK AND LETS EVERYONE ELSE DO THE WORK FOR THEM. BURN THEM AT THE STAKE," let me explain it all properly:

I am one person. And this one person is trying to make a huge project that requires a lot of additional content. So making a huge project that requires a lot of additional content requires more than one person. With that being said, I'm fully able to organize the team/commissioned persons on what I'd like implemented and by what time, as well as settle the payments for those who do their work to satisfactory. I am not an inexperienced server-owner that simply sits back and lets everyone else in the team run around and do what they want. I am fully prepared to give discipline if the set deadlines are not met or even lessening the pay as required if a person who I've commissioned suddenly fell off the earth and decides to come back and give in their work at random, certain files/content is missing, or was otherwise submitted below satisfactory. I would prefer to avoid this as I'm known as a very laid-back person, but if it comes to it then I'm not afraid to do so.

With that being said,
if you are able to do one or more of the things that I mentioned above, please contact me via PM either here or on the WoD forum to discuss whether or not you'd also like to try out for a staff position or if you just want to be commissioned. We will also discuss how much content will be given to WoD and then arrange at an agreed price. But above all, I expect any physical content (ie items, prey, objects, etc. Does not include codes.) to be EXCLUSIVE to WoD. You will be given full credit for your work, but I ask that you please do not afterwards try to sell the content you made for us. I want this to be a server with unique content all of it's own.

Last edited by kewlkiera on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:45 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added forum and dA journal links)
Back to top Go down
http://worldofdenuo.boards.net
Skyelight

Game username : Skyelight
Server : Xero-Legends (Owner) | Aloi (Co-Owner)
Female Posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: World of Denuo   Sun May 28, 2017 4:25 pm

Seems like you have some pretty bold things in there, it's great to see you back though. I'm sorry about IL hopefully Denuo can bring a brighter horizon with it than your previous game, so we can make way for something greater. I really love your sparkling ideas in here, all new maps seems amazing along with the whole skill idea for swimming and such, totally digging these. I've had many servers put to bed over the 5 years I've worked with Impressive Title, it certainly is a huge denting feeling within your heart. I really hope this server goes far, I hope you get all of the workers you can to make this a thing, I'd love to see the ending result, I wish I could help but I already assist 2 servers, This seems amazing though, really good ideas in there for realism too.

Good luck with your game and it's future, kind regards; Skyelight.
Back to top Go down
http://the-hungry-paperclip.deviantart.com/
kewlkiera
®
®

PostSubject: Re: World of Denuo   Sun May 28, 2017 9:21 pm

Skyelight wrote:
Seems like you have some pretty bold things in there, it's great to see you back though. I'm sorry about IL hopefully Denuo can bring a brighter horizon with it than your previous game, so we can make way for something greater. I really love your sparkling ideas in here, all new maps seems amazing along with the whole skill idea for swimming and such, totally digging these. I've had many servers put to bed over the 5 years I've worked with Impressive Title, it certainly is a huge denting feeling within your heart. I really hope this server goes far, I hope you get all of the workers you can to make this a thing, I'd love to see the ending result, I wish I could help but I already assist 2 servers, This seems amazing though, really good ideas in there for realism too.

Aww thank you so much! I'm hopeful that it'll pull through. Glad to have your support.

In other news,
WoD has started its first forum contest: Member Milestones. The more members that register on the forum to a certain point, more rewards will be available for EVERY current WoD member that helped us reach that milestone. This can go from forum to in-game benefits and will last until the official public release of the server. Make sure to check it all out here after you register!
Back to top Go down
kewlkiera
®
®

PostSubject: Re: World of Denuo   Mon May 29, 2017 4:19 pm

Just commissioned a professional artist via Deviant Art to help make some all-new critter concept art for WoD.
Still looking for concept artists to create ideas for maps and/or items!

Check out the DA journal HERE.
Back to top Go down
Skyelight

Game username : Skyelight
Server : Xero-Legends (Owner) | Aloi (Co-Owner)
Female Posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: World of Denuo   Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:10 pm

kewlkiera wrote:
Skyelight wrote:

Aww thank you so much! I'm hopeful that it'll pull through. Glad to have your support.

In other news,
WoD has started its first forum contest: Member Milestones. The more members that register on the forum to a certain point, more rewards will be available for EVERY current WoD member that helped us reach that milestone. This can go from forum to in-game benefits and will last until the official public release of the server. Make sure to check it all out here after you register!

Oo! This seems interesting, I'll definitely register up for this, honestly though you have my 100% support, even though you're probably 200x smarter than me with IT I'm still happy to give advice? I'll definitely stick around for this one, may this be the new beginning of an IT server. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://the-hungry-paperclip.deviantart.com/
kewlkiera
®
®

PostSubject: Re: World of Denuo   Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:38 pm

We've recently found a talented map maker to commission and complete half of the number of maps we'd like completed for WoD's release. Working on finding a secondary map maker for the other half:
Still need somone to create the Battle Field, Mountainous/Oasis-like, Wasteland/Fallout, Volcanic Hot Spring, Underground Tunnel, and Ulzef ('DEATH' faction starting point) maps.
UPDATE: We have found an additional map maker. No more are needed.
Back to top Go down
kewlkiera
®
®

PostSubject: Re: World of Denuo   Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:45 pm

New maps are coming in from one of our commissioned map makers (Shoutout to Witacha), and I must say that I'm impressed with her work so far. c:

Still looking for a modeler to help us make new creatures (we have the concept art ready) or a coder to help us implement the codes in the original post. I'm aware that Worthis is currently busy with another commission so I'll be waiting on the coding side otherwise unless someone else would be able to help. AGAIN, willing to pay too!

We've also implemented a body selector thanks to the quick help of Hyper on my overlooking eyes of its code.
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: World of Denuo   Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:56 pm

first of all, thanks for having an extremely detailed post like this, it's pretty rare these days haha

second, i do programming commissions! i can't do a lot of the "big" codes like quests, markets, npcs, but if you need help with smaller stuff i'm definitely available. my post has a list of the stuff i can definitely do, but if you have other ideas i'm totally open to trying them!

best of luck to you!

Kawoie

Game username : Kawoie
Server : Former KITO Administrator
Male Posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: World of Denuo   Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:25 am

Definitely suggest filling out an application, it's a lovely server owned by a lovely person.
Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : Canis lupus (Owner/creator) DD (member)
Female Posts : 949

PostSubject: Re: World of Denuo   Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:07 am

I highly recomend hyper for coding! When they are finnished, if he broke something will be ontop of a fix in a timely manor c:
Back to top Go down
Skulleh

Game username : Skulleh
Female Posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: World of Denuo   Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:46 pm

I can do player models, albeit not perfectly just yet. Currently working on a custom player model rig that I've been working with for a few months now- if you'd like, I can help out with supplying player models for the server once I can finish ironing out the kinks in my rig and models I'm working on currently.

I'm no professional yet of course(and learned the hard way just how much extra stuff I actually need to do to get a player model to work 100% perfectly ingame x'D), but I can do it if given enough time.

Examples of WIP player models I'm working on currently:

*Note: The messed up textures are a client issue not assigning textures to the model properly, not a problem with the meshes themselves or their textures.

I wouldn't be able to join up right away, as I still have commission models I need to finish fixing up, but once I'm done with those I could if you'd want me to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warriors-moonrise.freeforums.net
kewlkiera
®
®

PostSubject: Re: World of Denuo   Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:53 pm

Just a heads up that Staff Applications will be closing on Saturday, June 17th. So if you've been meaning to fill out an application via the forum or discuss privately for a permanent position, please so do soon!
Back to top Go down
kewlkiera
®
®

PostSubject: Re: World of Denuo   Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:50 pm

A reminder that  Staff Applications* will be closing tomorrow. If you've been meaning to send one into us and haven't yet, please do it now (via our forum)!

*While applications are open, we are fine with letting an additional person be set to strictly moderate (AKA no content giving needed) on our team. Once applications close, we will only allow skilled people to be put into our consideration. If you, as a person with a skill that we'd need to help us progress further, are interested in a permanent position after closing the applications, please send me a PM with your skill(s) and examples of your work to discuss the possibility of having you with us on our team.
Back to top Go down
kewlkiera
®
®

PostSubject: Re: World of Denuo   Yesterday at 1:28 am

Donations and Rewards are now OPEN!

Want to contribute to the cause and help Denuo get its necessary content faster? Now you can, along with a few benefits for you to reap in the process! This can go from having your name in our credits to having an exclusive in-game <VIP> rank where you'll be able to teleport anywhere and also gain monthly content for your account!

Check it all out here!

We also have a Discord Server.
Back to top Go down

World of Denuo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Help Wanted-
Jump to: