HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

PVP Skill?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Veronique

Game username : TaintedRhyme,Veronique
Server : Ethereal(OWNER)
Female Posts : 84

PostSubject: PVP Skill?   Sun May 21, 2017 5:44 pm

Yes, I know there's an pvp code for maps. I was curious on a skill that can be used to kill other users. I've attempted the code but no one else seems effected by the attack. It says that I've attacked them, but they don't lose health.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or help? bounce
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 487

PostSubject: Re: PVP Skill?   Sun May 21, 2017 10:18 pm

what source version are you using? hp updates don't work on older versions (and possibly the latest? there's a fix somewhere out there haha)

Game username : TaintedRhyme,Veronique
Server : Ethereal(OWNER)
Female Posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: PVP Skill?   Sun May 21, 2017 10:25 pm

I don't know. I'm using the source with the Body selector. I believe it looks around version 5. Something.
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: PVP Skill?   Mon May 22, 2017 12:34 am

Ah, you need to check what you have in the ad1 file. Here's an example:

[PvP]
anim=Attack2
trailFX_bone=1,Arm4.R
trailFX_trailMat=1,FX/Attack2
trailFX_colour=1,0 1 1
range=12
offset=0 1 0
hpMin=-100
hpMax=-100
hitAlly=true <------- you need this line!
autoTarget=false
singleTarget=true

The code in the compile is very useful for limiting/containing the skill - for example locking it to a certain map only. I don't recall if it should also say something about friends/allies and I can't check right now, but you should be able to tell by looking at it.

If you have all of that then the fact that the health won't work properly should be a fix for the code - it needs to know that the outcome of that attack should be updated instantly across the server. I'm not a coder so I can't help any further than that.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 379

PostSubject: Re: PVP Skill?   Mon May 22, 2017 1:07 am

When I still had PVP in ML using the skills method, I still had to implement the basic version of the PVP code into my source. As the code itself notices a hit has happened via a chat alert and then implements the hp change to the server and players. It's been a few years by now, I can't rightly remember if it was something I found in a thread or if it was something sent to me privately. (my monies on the first one though. imma do a lil digging and see)

And over an hour of digging later, and I've finally found it buried in the basket of all places XD (probably because it's only relevant to v5 of the source (ie body selectors base version) and the new pvp thread redeye has in programming is a much nicer setup. but i digress!

link to actual basketed post

The actual helpful post i was initially reffering to:

In conclusion: this code provided long ago by Myz will help the server to recognize PVP when you are doing PVP through skills only. The code provided by Redeye works best if you want something more advanced.
Back to top Go down
ThylaSteve

Game username : Steve
Server : It's a secret (for now)
Male Posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: PVP Skill?   Mon May 22, 2017 3:02 am

(slightly off topic)
Why are such helpful posts basketed? Being only relevant to v5 is a poor excuse in my opinion.
Admins should just edit the post with bold text saying "This thread does not apply to the v6 source".
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 379

PostSubject: Re: PVP Skill?   Mon May 22, 2017 11:22 am

As more new members enter the site looking to start their own servers, version 5 specific fixes become less relevant. My body selector source offers only that, the selector. Meanwhile, newer versions offer things like: bug fixes, file encryption, and updated code to work in more recent versions of visual studio. There's even posts out there that guide members on implementing the body selector into newer versions of the source. So unless someone finds it much too confusing to follow the tutorials or is too young/broke to afford paying someone to do it for them, there's rarely a reason to use the older versions. So it's a little understandable to think a post fixing an already fixed bug would be irrelevant now. The odds are pretty much stacked against keeping it.
At least it was only basketed and not outright deleted. Lol
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: PVP Skill?   Mon May 22, 2017 12:21 pm

Well that's silly.

Glad you found the fix though Hami lol

But DD is the old v5 and we've added in all the helpful fixes, encryption etc. Just depends on what the new server owners want. Most look for the newest version of anything online, which is why they go for v6.

Hope you get it working. :3
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
Hyper
Admin

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 487

PostSubject: Re: PVP Skill?   Mon May 22, 2017 10:49 pm

if people find threads in the basket they want moved, all they have to do is ask. we don't go out of our way to comb the basket for helpful threads, but if someone finds one they just need to message me or katye and we're happy to move them

PVP Skill?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: