HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Tutorial: How to make critters spawn in specific locations (roamArea)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ThylaSteve

Game username : Steve
Server : It's a secret (for now)
Male Posts : 117

PostSubject: Tutorial: How to make critters spawn in specific locations (roamArea)   Thu May 11, 2017 6:18 pm

afro
First thing you need to do is find a place where you want animals to spawn. This cave looks like a good spot.
Spoiler:

Now you need to go to the South-Eastern most point of where you want the animals to spawn. Use your minimap as reference to make sure you're in the right place. Once you think you found the South-Easternmost point, enter the "/position" command in your chat. In this case, the position is "5475.5 397.8 3028.23"

Open your cd2-unencrypted.dat. This is what a map with multiple roamareas looks like:
Spoiler:

Now add a new "critterlist" line and a new roamarea. For this example, I am going to make striped hyenas spawn inside of the cave using the coordinates I got from earlier as the starting point. For the hyena's range, I am just going to take a guess. My guess is 500 by 500 units. The red text is what I added:
Spoiler:

Okay. Let's encrypt the freshly edited cd2 and restart the game to see the result!
Spoiler:

Huh? this doesn't look right. They should be spawning INSIDE the cave! Well don't worry my friend, all you need to do is reduce the range numbers. I'm going to reduce it from 500 to 120. Let's see if it works..
Spoiler:

YES! It worked! You now know how to set a critter's roamArea! For flying/swimming animals, all you need to do is adjust the z axis numbers (the middle values for both starting point and range).

Note: There are a few tips that I posted in the comments. I want the main tutorial to stay basic.

Last edited by ThylaSteve on Sat May 13, 2017 7:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Misspinker

Game username : Misspink
Server : |~|N/A |~| Skills: Hosting, Modeling, Rigging. Age:18
Female Posts : 256

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: How to make critters spawn in specific locations (roamArea)   Thu May 11, 2017 8:10 pm

You're the best thanx for this.
Back to top Go down
http://magrose.portfoliobox.net/startpage
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler

Game username : Witacha
Server : Land Of The Wolves(Owner)
Female Posts : 1167

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: How to make critters spawn in specific locations (roamArea)   Fri May 12, 2017 4:45 pm

omfg i had some much issue with this thanks so much for sharing a tutorial !
Back to top Go down
http://witacha-asukata.deviantart.com/
ThylaSteve

Game username : Steve
Server : It's a secret (for now)
Male Posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: How to make critters spawn in specific locations (roamArea)   Sat May 13, 2017 7:44 pm

Glad that this has been found useful (was surprised that a tutorial for this simple, but little known topic didn't exist!)

Anyway, I also have some side notes/tips that could be useful but were left out to keep the tutorial short.

In the tutorial, I told you to guess the range, but there is a way to calculate the exact range:
Spoiler:

The way I formatted the cd2 in my tutorial isn't the only way to do it. There is an easier way to format maps that have many roamareas so you can easilly keep track of which critter spawns belong to which roamarea ID:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Tutorial: How to make critters spawn in specific locations (roamArea)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Tutorials-
Jump to: