HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 
 

 How to add drops to prey?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MegaSuperFreak8

avatar

Server : The-Wild-Dogs {OWNER}
Female Posts : 97
Join date : 2014-06-24
Age : 17
Location : USA

PostSubject: How to add drops to prey?   Thu May 04, 2017 4:49 am

I have kept searching on the support board for a thread to help, but could not find one. So, may someone please help me? How does one add drops to prey?
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™
avatar

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 740
Join date : 2011-11-27

PostSubject: Re: How to add drops to prey?   Thu May 04, 2017 4:59 am

In the CD1 file add this line for each extra drop to a critter.

dropList=Hammer,0.3 Hammer is the name of the mesh file for item followed by drop rate so 0.3 is 30%

Back to top Go down
MegaSuperFreak8

avatar

Server : The-Wild-Dogs {OWNER}
Female Posts : 97
Join date : 2014-06-24
Age : 17
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: How to add drops to prey?   Thu May 04, 2017 5:02 am

lazyzim wrote:
In the CD1 file add this line for each extra drop to a critter.

dropList=Hammer,0.3  Hammer is the name of the mesh file for item followed by drop rate so 0.3 is 30%


Ah, I've done just that, but it doesn't seem to drop the items i've listed. ):
Back to top Go down
Hellhound

avatar

Posts : 92
Join date : 2016-07-04
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: How to add drops to prey?   Thu May 04, 2017 3:52 pm

MegaSuperFreak8 wrote:
lazyzim wrote:
In the CD1 file add this line for each extra drop to a critter.

dropList=Hammer,0.3  Hammer is the name of the mesh file for item followed by drop rate so 0.3 is 30%


Ah, I've done just that, but it doesn't seem to drop the items i've listed. ):
Did you recompiled your game?
Back to top Go down
MegaSuperFreak8

avatar

Server : The-Wild-Dogs {OWNER}
Female Posts : 97
Join date : 2014-06-24
Age : 17
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: How to add drops to prey?   Thu May 04, 2017 4:13 pm

Hellhound wrote:
MegaSuperFreak8 wrote:
lazyzim wrote:
In the CD1 file add this line for each extra drop to a critter.

dropList=Hammer,0.3  Hammer is the name of the mesh file for item followed by drop rate so 0.3 is 30%


Ah, I've done just that, but it doesn't seem to drop the items i've listed. ):
Did you recompiled your game?

No! I will though now. Thanks!! <3
Back to top Go down
MegaSuperFreak8

avatar

Server : The-Wild-Dogs {OWNER}
Female Posts : 97
Join date : 2014-06-24
Age : 17
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: How to add drops to prey?   Thu May 11, 2017 4:08 am

bump? I recompiled my server, and still, my re-assigned drops don't work.
Back to top Go down
ThylaSteve

avatar

Game username : Steve
Server : It's a secret (for now)
Male Posts : 129
Join date : 2014-04-24
Age : 20
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: How to add drops to prey?   Thu May 11, 2017 3:01 pm

when you open your IT XOR application and select input/output files, does it lead you to the correct destination (the game folder that you are currently working on)? This could get messed up if you downloaded the source multiple times. Or if you replicate your game folder.

It has certainly happened to me a few times.

If this isn't the case, post a screenshot of everything you do when you try to edit drops (including your folder destination). I may be able to spot something fishy.
Back to top Go down
MegaSuperFreak8

avatar

Server : The-Wild-Dogs {OWNER}
Female Posts : 97
Join date : 2014-06-24
Age : 17
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: How to add drops to prey?   Thu May 11, 2017 3:53 pm

Okay I will do so
Back to top Go down
MegaSuperFreak8

avatar

Server : The-Wild-Dogs {OWNER}
Female Posts : 97
Join date : 2014-06-24
Age : 17
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: How to add drops to prey?   Thu May 11, 2017 4:21 pm






See? It's under "Windows (C:)" and I go into notepad to edit, recompile and it still don't work.
Back to top Go down
ThylaSteve

avatar

Game username : Steve
Server : It's a secret (for now)
Male Posts : 129
Join date : 2014-04-24
Age : 20
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: How to add drops to prey?   Thu May 11, 2017 4:46 pm

Are you encrypting it with "cd1.dat" as the output?
Back to top Go down
RikaCreature

avatar

Server : Dawn of Eternity Co-Owner
Female Posts : 65
Join date : 2014-05-02
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: How to add drops to prey?   Thu May 11, 2017 4:50 pm

well, you've put the drop rates of your items to be EXTREMELY low, a value of 0.01 is a 1 out of 100 chance for the item to drop, so theoretically you'd have to kill 100 rabbits before an item would drop. also, putting the drop value at 0.001 means the item only has a 0.1% chance of dropping, or a 1 in 1000 chance.
Back to top Go down
MegaSuperFreak8

avatar

Server : The-Wild-Dogs {OWNER}
Female Posts : 97
Join date : 2014-06-24
Age : 17
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: How to add drops to prey?   Thu May 11, 2017 6:03 pm

RikaCreature wrote:
well, you've put the drop rates of your items to be EXTREMELY low, a value of 0.01 is a 1 out of 100 chance for the item to drop, so theoretically you'd have to kill 100 rabbits before an item would drop. also, putting the drop value at 0.001 means the item only has a 0.1% chance of dropping, or a 1 in 1000 chance.

The notepad was just an example, I didn't set those drop rates, those are the original drop rates. I actually put drop rates on Salmon, and I put the rates as 1.0
Back to top Go down
MegaSuperFreak8

avatar

Server : The-Wild-Dogs {OWNER}
Female Posts : 97
Join date : 2014-06-24
Age : 17
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: How to add drops to prey?   Thu May 11, 2017 8:36 pm

ThylaSteve wrote:
Are you encrypting it with "cd1.dat" as the output?

Oh! Nope..
Back to top Go down
 
How to add drops to prey?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: