HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Warning about a Server

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Warning about a Server   Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello.

So a couple of months ago there was an issue with a Hungarian server called Avalon. Basically this server had stolen all of Sanctum of Eventide's content (which now belongs to Dragon's Den) and did not remove it when I asked.

So their server was blacklisted.

For full info, go here: http://www.kitopen.com/t4807-warning-about-using-soe-content

Now the same staff have created a new server by the name of Hydra Utopia. A screenshot of an SoE critter, now belonging to DD, was on their server's facebook page for an Easter event so you know this is very recent.
Spoiler:

See that walking egg? Yeah, made by Hamilton. Only owned by SoE until they gave DD their content. It is now exclusively a DD critter.

Imagine my surprise when I found out their new forum, Hydra Utopia, was created 2 days before I stopped communicating with Avalon staff.

Here's the staff list for Hydra Utopia: http://hydrautopia.freeforums.net/members?dir=asc&sort=name&view=staff

Spoiler:

Since they clearly didn't listen the first time I am requesting Hydra Utopia to be blacklisted for theft same as before!

Blacklist here: http://www.kitopen.com/t4820-it-server-black-list

Since proof is required:

Spoiler:

Since it would've taken forever to gather a million screenshots I just did a video that shows some things.

In this video you can clearly see the dates on the models - some of which go all the way back to 2012 and are owned by SoE. Strange how a server created in 2017 has those.

I have not contacted the staff yet. I'm afraid I'd be rather rude if I did until I cool off a bit. I gave these guys a chance when they owned Avalon. They wanted a list of SoE stuff to remove but that would've taken forever, so I simply told them to delete what they had and download the IT 0.7 version and add their original stuff to that so there would be zero chance of them having anything from SoE. Clearly they ignored me.

For proof of this (and the dates - HU was created 25th Feb, I last spoke to Avalon staff 27th Feb):

Spoiler:

They said they wouldn't do another server. Apparently that was a lie.

These same staff clearly care for nobody but themselves. If you do not want thieves like this in your community or associated with IT then please make sure you steer clear of them and that they are not welcome until they change their ways. I know none of the staff are welcome on Dragon's Den.

Last edited by ObeyTheFist on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net

AuthorMessage
ObeyTheFist

™

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a Server   Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:57 am

One name. I can tell you my name is Susan (it isn't) but it won't do you any good in identifying me. I meant your full name is regarded as personal details. One name really isn't enough to identify anyone with. And really, you had your name on full display on the Avalon forum and again on Hydra Utopia, so why are you getting on my case when you're the one displaying your name everywhere? That's several shades of stupid right there.

Since you seem to have wiped your hands of this whole business then have a nice life and I hope you learn from this and become a better person in real life and on the internet.

Since they have posted their PM themselves, I'll post what they didn't show:
Spoiler:

So those first two screenshots are from the original Private Item list here on KITO. The last is the one of Classique of Nala that I posted for Hamilton in my last post.

Spoiler:

Honestly... how many times must I say the same things over and over before they start to sink in?

I request that this thread be left open to its conclusion so that everyone knows what happens when people take things they shouldn't.

Last edited by ObeyTheFist on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 380

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a Server   Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:39 am

If you, or someone you know, had a preset in SoE please be advised:

Your preset data is still in the files that Hydra is using.

https://i.gyazo.com/512a2882e6ac60a4a21491d53de17469.png
https://i.gyazo.com/41113385ee4227ca073f152e6bae3c87.png
https://i.gyazo.com/3a3e3ef37f00566b19b54e818e0c4d30.png
https://i.gyazo.com/b4fd16e180216ee18fdeb24fdfa17169.png
https://i.gyazo.com/af759232c53ead9c5fc6a482ceccd4eb.png
https://i.gyazo.com/2a97a5d98aa7c06f3f5526407108cadf.png

I singled out the most recognizable names as example. These are folks...friends even...who played and worked on soe. There is no other way for someone to have most of these presets without having first swiped the soe media folder.

Didn't you claim this server was in production for a number of years? man, by 6 months of actual work you should have known how to unzip the preset data and clean it out. and how to put your own into it.

It's mighty convenient for you to have all the more incriminating models locked away as well.

Stop trying to play the victim card and just own up. You are not the first person that made a drama inducing mistake in this community and then apologized and moved on to become a better person. And I would wager my own server that you won't be the last.

Look, I'll even cut you a deal. Admit you were wrong, remove everything that came from soe...and I will set aside a portion of my own summer to help you build up a basic server using only the free stuff that's provided on KITO. plus. PLUS: a few(5) extra free critters custom animated just for you.

All you have to do is:

1) admit what you did and you were wrong to do it.
2) issue a formal apology.
3) remove the download link containing all that soe junk.
4) remove that soe junk from your computer. (with Obey overseeing to ensure it's all properly removed)

This is the easiest, most one-sided deal you will likely ever see.
Back to top Go down
RyderZenen

Game username : NightRyderWolf
Server : Dragon's Den Keeper
Male Posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a Server   Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:53 am

Hello, Obey sent me this screen asking if this was my preset. And yes it is it was an old preset that a friend made for me in the past when SoE was alive (perhaps should say running better before). I like to know how they got my preset? I am Ryder on SoE I was known as BSRyderWolf.

Also http://kingalienwolf.deviantart.com/art/Ryder-364550447 <-- that's the drawing I used as a ref sheet. (Warning it is old so shield your eyes!)
Back to top Go down
Veronique

Game username : TaintedRhyme,Veronique
Server : Ethereal(OWNER)
Female Posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a Server   Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:08 pm

This is not right, No person should steal SoE content. I loved SoE. But, this is wrong. All they have to do is remove the content. how is that hard?

Please do remove the SoE content from your server, Wolf. I'm doubting the owner killed herself over this. After she was told many times to remove it. (Correct me if wrong). It's very easy, remove the download link from your forum, and take away the content. Easy. If you didn't steal the content in the first place. Then you wouldn't be in the position you are now. You KNOW that this is SoE content. The free content being the basic OIT items is fine.

This is unacceptable, please remove the content. It's not hard!
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a Server   Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:07 pm

EDIT: Veronique - you are correct, I asked them many times to remove the stolen content. Not that it seems to have done any good... I thought it wasn't hard to comply either but... -shrugs-

So I got some news a couple of hours ago regarding Hydra Utopia's facebook page.

I apologise for the many images. All names (not counting known usernames) have been scribbled out in blue by the person I was talking to, a Hungarian staff member of Dragon's Den, or blocked out in red by me. (Yes, their name on Discord is Maniac - it's the name of their main character so please don't shout about the SoE owner to me, thank you! Their username on the forum and game is completely different.)

Spoiler:

It was at this point that I went to Hydra Utopia's facebook page myself to find the posts and comments mentioned. I just ran them through Google Translate. I didn't take screenshots of the conversation until much later when I had the time to post here, hence the timestamps not lining up for the translation.

Spoiler:

So Hydra Utopia is basically telling their members, and pretty much the whole Hungarian IT community, that out of all the IT servers out there I chose theirs to harass until 'tragedy' struck.

I resent the fact that they call me 28. Did they just pick a number and go with it? If they got that info off the Avalon staff, who know very well that I'm 26, then that's some bad team communication right there.

I do not like that Hydra Utopia is twisting this situation into a barely recognisable mess for their players. Their players are ignorant of the crimes committed by their beloved server staff while I get known as the ultimate bully.

You guys have seen absolutely everything that's gone down. I've hidden nothing. Does anyone here honestly believe their facebook message?

I still haven't seen proof of any death. Just the word of a person proven untrustworthy and an attempted guilt-trip.

Oh Wolf, Hamilton made you a seriously good offer. I wouldn't offer you anything - she's being beyond nice to you. I suggest you take that once in a lifetime deal because you'll never get another.

If you'd like to visit their facebook page yourself: https://www.facebook.com/hydra.utopia/?fref=ts
Back to top Go down
Veronique

Game username : TaintedRhyme,Veronique
Server : Ethereal(OWNER)
Female Posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a Server   Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:54 pm

Thank you Obey for providing more information~ I do hope they see this post. I hope they aren't ignoring it.
Back to top Go down
kiteoftwilight

Game username : kiteoftwilight
Server : Dragon's Den (Moderator/In-game Keeper)
Female Posts : 1

PostSubject: Here to Crash the Party... Music   Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:54 am

Hello there! So I have been following along with this thread rather closely and there was a post that stuck out to me.

Spoiler:

This right here.. the music is far from being an SoE server? Oh you don't know how right you are my friend. This post intrigued me so much and I decided to delve deeper into the game's music files.. and you might want to buckle your seat belts everyone because boy do I have some stuff to show you.

Some of the tracks were blatantly easy to find... this next pic is courtesy of ObeyTheFist who was so kind as to show me something that she noticed to show some of this blatant copyright:

Spoiler:

As you can see from this image, some of the tracks literally tell you they are ripped right from Youtube. You can see a YouTube link there but as you can also see there are other tracks there that do not have such easy sources and this is where I worked with a friend to play music detective and here is our findings (beware LOTS of links here, copy/paste in browser to view):

Spoiler:

Some more proof this was not free content for you staff of Hydra Utopia. Look at this screenshot.

Spoiler:

You see this image? You see all these Brandon and Derek Fiechter compositions? There's a reason DD is using them. ObeyTheFist asked their permission to use them.

Why do you think that is? Because you are not allowed to use these even in non-profit works without asking them for permission first.

Also, Dragon's Den PURCHASED these compositions to use.

As if the SoE content wasn't bad enough, your music may not be from SoE but it's certainly not from yourselves either. There are YouTube channels getting copyright strikes for music theft and you are not exempt. Stealing music and putting it in a public game like this is absolutely not okay. Even if you purchase the songs to own on a service like itunes that does not mean you can do whatever you want with it. The music is there for you to enjoy yes but not to distribute which is exactly what you are doing.

I really don't think the music artists would appreciate their hard work being available in mp3 format for everyone to just cut from your game to use for themselves like they own it.

I highly suggest you remove this content from your server. If it does not belong to you and you use it without permission there could be severe legal consequences and you might not just have to worry about Obey taking legal action against you.

P.S. The majority of the music was actually found by a friend who also analyzed this game so a big thank you to that person for finding these sources! I'm just the one making the post lol.

Last edited by kiteoftwilight on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://moondragon0494.deviantart.com
ObeyTheFist

™

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a Server   Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:58 am

So despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, Wolf on Hydra Utopia still believes they have not stolen anything and have done nothing wrong.

Spoiler:

For a look at the document I was looking at regarding copyright on the internet: You can open/save it here!

For the love of whatever you believe in, what more do I have to say/do to prove it's stolen and I have the right to ask for its removal?

EDIT: Ah yes, the music. As some of you already know my YouTube name is FantomoDrako. When I asked Brandon and Derek permission I made sure to go back and take screenshots in case something came up so I could show people proof that we did indeed have permission.

Spoiler:

Yes, all of their songs that I have, and are in DD, were purchased from their Bandcamp.

They also have all the sounds from SoE, including those that I know were recorded personally by Classique as they feature her voice. How is that not stolen?
Back to top Go down
Draug

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a Server   Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:11 pm

So.
I thought that my first answer will be my last but it's time to make a last after the last.
As I can't accept how all of you dealed the whole situation I need to clear some thing. (please read the whole comment before you get angry)

First-

The presets what you've found was Never in use in the game, I didn't even know that was here. We had our own presets and don't ever needs yours. I want to say sorry for scare you.

Second-

The file what we've got not from the original game, they were marked as a free to use pack on the internet. Maybe it's still online. As we've searched for free things we've found this. How we can know it's something what aren't free at all?

Connected to this. I saw Hamilton offered a list of soe things. Please do it to me for avoid more misunderstanding. I will avoid every one of them (Because I still have enough stress from the whole situation) I hate to be marked as a thief like everyone does I think.
Also Hamilton thank you for your offer but we don't need your help in programming,maybe just helping out with some problems.

Third and most important-
Hydra Utopia will delete all the files what it got now (I've deleted the links but I can't shut the server in this moment, please be a little patient while I can do it) and begins to work with IT's code and things from now on. I would appreciate any kind of help with about everything.
All of us had enough of this arguing and I have more important things at the moment. To say goodbye.

Fourth and the last one what I want to clear-

My friend, Hydra really died. That's not a joke and guys, please, respect her a little. Really. I don't want to talk about it. I know that this wasn't the only problem in her life but yes, she did it. I can't and don't want to show you any proof about it. I've just cried through the last 3 days....
This is not a thing what I need to proof in any way. Just close this subject already.

I've talked about this all with Obey in private and I hope you all can afford us to get this and the avalon thread got lost from this forum.

Best r.
Wolf
Back to top Go down
Darc

Game username : Darcia
Server : Developer for Okami No Tochi
Female Posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a Server   Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:24 pm

The best bet would be to take legal action; report their website for copyright infringement, first of all. Then, if that does not silence them, continue. Report their skypes, their accounts.

Get them off the internet/make it difficult for their content to be spread that you know of, and maybe it'll cause them to stop. Words seem to be doing nothing in this case, and that is unfortunate.

In order to remove their website, so they cannot redistribute the copyrighted contact (I'm assuming this is a .boards (ProBoards) domain, go to the very bottom of the forum and click "report abuse". Then, show the evidence of the abuse, and get them investigated. Cite the TOS at them, and show where their website is in direct violation of it. It is one thing to talk about action, and talking to them, but it is clear that they are not going to back down from this. Neither should you.

I hope I helped in some small way.
Back to top Go down
Draug

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a Server   Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:42 pm

Ehm Darc, can you please read my reply again?
especially the third point.
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a Server   Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:54 pm

I will not answer for other people, but here is the reply I gave to Wolf on Hydra Utopia. I will not bother posting their message as it is similar to the one here and contained private information.

Spoiler:

Wolf, I passed your message to Hamilton as you requested.

I can confirm that the download links for Hydra Utopia have indeed been removed and I really appreciate that.

I'm happy to grant Hydra Utopia some time to remove the content, but I will limit this time to a week. That is plenty of time to get some things in order and take the server offline. I am sure your players will understand the delay and why they will be unable to play for a short time.

As I offered to the staff of Avalon, I will also offer to you: I would be happy to help you get a clean new server back online. I have experience in many areas of making a server and am happy to help if you have a problem.

~Obey~
Back to top Go down
Kay

Game username : V-Version - Kay
Server : Ross: Flowery Path (OWNER) Kybrid Pawz (GLOBAL MOD) Impressive Shadows (CO-OWNER)
Male Posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a Server   Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:06 am

There was legal action taken against this server?
Back to top Go down
http://ross-it.freeforums.net
ObeyTheFist

™

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a Server   Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:58 am

V-Version wrote:
There was legal action taken against this server?

No, as they have agreed to remove the content.

If any server is found with stolen content and refuses to remove it when asked then the creator, people who hold the rights to the content or who are authorised to act on behalf of the owner/creator/rights holder can take legal action as per copyright law.
Back to top Go down
Inactive (Dead) account

Game username : Darkstorm99398
Server : Many different IT servers.
Female Posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a Server   Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:49 am

I'm glad they actually removed to stolen content now.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Game username : TheHero
Server : Miskai
Female Posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a Server   Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:01 pm

I'm glad this was finally solved - although it took much too long for them to comply, especially when there was a threat of lawyers getting involved. It's ridiculous how stubborn people can be. I hope they don't show their faces around here again unless they decide to make a server with their own content.
Back to top Go down
http://miskai.boards.net
Kay

Game username : V-Version - Kay
Server : Ross: Flowery Path (OWNER) Kybrid Pawz (GLOBAL MOD) Impressive Shadows (CO-OWNER)
Male Posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a Server   Wed May 03, 2017 9:43 pm

I'm glad this is over as well. Tired of people stealing content, how can they sleep at night thinking they stole? Ok that was too far, but you get me, it's annoying.
Back to top Go down
http://ross-it.freeforums.net
GalaxyStepOwO

Game username : BoltoOwO
Server : TheWayaStory (Owner)
Male Posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a Server   Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:20 pm

Ugh, Stealing Models are not good!
Back to top Go down
http://thewayastory.boards.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a Server