HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slycan

Game username : Sly
Server : KITO
Female Posts : 1198

PostSubject: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:14 am

Due to current events, Blizzard has caught wind of KITO, and they may now have reason to believe that KITO has given people false information on their "Total Conversion" policy. It's probably for the best to remove everything related to World of Warcraft, or to put it in the basket. KITO, as a community and website, may be blamed for a few individual misunderstandings.

I'd hate to see this website go down on finger pointing and accusations. This website is a informative tool for making your own awesome animal game.. KITO is not here to hold your hand when things hit the fan. Be responsible and fix your mistakes.

TL;DR - Admins please rid of WoW threads, Blizzard knows about IT servers misusing "Total Conversion" and may have legal action taken. Disassociate and delete any server threads that use Blizzard assets as well.

Thanks ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 489

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:38 am

i basketed the converter and a couple meshes i saw from skimming the downloadables thread - if anyone finds anything else, please let me know

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:43 am

Thank you Hyper <3
Feel free to delete this if you feel it's resolved pig
Back to top Go down
Icea

Game username : Icea
Server : Blazing Wolves (Co-Owner), Tales of Luzaris (Moderator) Canis Lupus (Mapmaker)
Female Posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:17 am

I just realised that my meadow map had a WoW mesh in it (willow tree)

so upon further notice, Meadow will no longer be downloadable and since it has a wow model in it, i advise that servers remove the map from their game or at least remove the willow trees.

thank you.

Oh never mind my thread is basketed XD well i did want it to be basketed anyway ^^
Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:24 am

I really hope my contacting Wow didn't cause anyone to be mad at me! I was simply trying to get clarification....
Back to top Go down
Icea

Game username : Icea
Server : Blazing Wolves (Co-Owner), Tales of Luzaris (Moderator) Canis Lupus (Mapmaker)
Female Posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:33 am

I'm sure people will understand. the game master said it was okay for personal use didn't they? XD

Plus, they're just models. people don't need to make a hissy fit over not being able to use them. Blizzard owns them and they could have allowed the public usage of them in the past and then decided that they are now personal use only.
Back to top Go down
zin

Game username : zinnia
Server : onibi project

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:36 am

GlaciaTheWolf wrote:
I really hope my contacting Wow didn't cause anyone to be mad at me! I was simply trying to get clarification....

i cant say this for other people but im not mad at you :0!
if anything im glad that theres actually an official verdict on using wow things because before it felt. fishy
i think partially because using wow items on fh counts under total conversion (i.e. fh maps are for personal use) and how it and fh get merged together in terms of using things quite often

im just glad that they gave us a heads up because having someone be sued or having kito being taken down would suck
Back to top Go down
Inactive (Dead) account

Game username : Darkstorm99398
Server : Many different IT servers.
Female Posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:43 am

I never really liked WoW anyways. I didnt know using WoW stuff could get IT servers in alot of trouble.
Back to top Go down
Malkabre

Game username : Zircon, Malkabre; morqque
Server : - - -
Male Posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:46 am

GlaciaTheWolf wrote:
I think you contacting and asking them was actually a good thing to do, certainly better
than (like stated before) Kito getting copyright strikes, or something
Back to top Go down
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler

Game username : Witacha
Server : Land Of The Wolves(Owner)
Female Posts : 1203

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Back to top Go down
http://witacha-asukata.deviantart.com/
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:56 am

We were already working on phasing out whatever WoW we had on DD, but we'll step it up. We've already replaced a couple of things and are about to replace more, but it may take a short while for us to replace it all due to lack of funding or suitable replacement models.

I ask only for a bit of patience for us to comply, though we may simply have some things removed or temporary placeholders put it during the replacement. :3

Just a note: I've seen WoW content on 3D models sites up for sale by random people, so please be aware! If it looks WoW I suggest you don't buy it!
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:34 am

ObeyTheFist wrote:
We were already working on phasing out whatever WoW we had on DD, but we'll step it up. We've already replaced a couple of things and are about to replace more, but it may take a short while for us to replace it all due to lack of funding or suitable replacement models.

I ask only for a bit of patience for us to comply, though we may simply have some things removed or temporary placeholders put it during the replacement. :3

Just a note: I've seen WoW content on 3D models sites up for sale by random people, so please be aware! If it looks WoW I suggest you don't buy it!

Yeah, CL is just taking out EVERYTHING wow and will replace it in another update down the road
Back to top Go down
Vessan

Game username : Havessan/vessan/jussahn
Server : Last Moon (3D modeler)
Male Posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:37 pm

This is actually a godsend imo. Laughing
I longed to get rid of those unfitting models.
Back to top Go down
KittyKylo

Game username : KittyKylo
Server : N/A
Female Posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:06 am

I'll spread this around Thanks for the clarification
Back to top Go down
http://xkittykylo.deviantart.com/
TheWolfLover88

Game username : TheWolfLover88
Server : Dragon Soul
Female Posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:38 am

I agree that this is quite sad, I've been previously looking around for WoW prey but now, I have given up. This will be hard for most people out there because they use ALOT of WoW's content

Ever considered they would allow this to be okay or not?
Because if their okay with it, then the effort (and money) that people use for no reason because they allow it.
Back to top Go down
Slycan

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:09 am

TheWolfLover88 wrote:

Ever considered they would allow this to be okay or not?

They obviously won't allow it, thus the point of me making this thread.
Back to top Go down
TortDoll
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : -
Server : KoF(owner), LoTW(mod)
Female Posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:43 am

According to a few things, there are several WoW converters and models and assets. People use them to create animations, little movies, etc etc.

HOWEVER: If you were to get PROFIT from using their assets in any way, shape, or form, then it'd be of concern.

Either way, it seems like Blizzard just wants to do their homework on KITO, and we should all do our homework as well.
Back to top Go down
SiMadgrev

Game username : SiMadgrev
Server : The Lair Of The Wolf (owner); World of Pandora (dev)
Female Posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:04 pm

Hey, after reading the post Sly, I don't quite understand /I bad know English language/. Blizzard banned the use of their model in I. T or is it just to remove the threads from KITO?
Back to top Go down
http://the-lair-of-the-wolf.freeforums.net
ThylaSteve

Game username : Steve
Server : It's a secret (for now)
Male Posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:55 pm

SiMadgrev wrote:
Hey, after reading the post Sly, I don't quite understand /I bad know English language/. Blizzard banned the use of their model in I. T or is it just to remove the threads from KITO?

You are not allowed to use their stuff in IT servers (unless its a test server for you to use only).
Back to top Go down
SiMadgrev

Game username : SiMadgrev
Server : The Lair Of The Wolf (owner); World of Pandora (dev)
Female Posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:12 pm

Thanks, Steve
Back to top Go down
http://the-lair-of-the-wolf.freeforums.net
Toddx

Male Posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:36 pm

I am confused as to why KITO would even be a target to be completely honest. People make World of Warcraft private servers all the time, mod them to their liking and such. It's basically reworking the entire game into their own thing. There are entire forums dedicated to WoW modding. I'm baffled that Blizzard would even consider us a problem? I mean, we are not making profit off of their content. //Shrug. It's just funny because I have never seen blizzard crack down on half of these custom WoW servers. There was an issue with one or two but besides that nobody in the WoW modding community has ever gotten any copyright issues. (Which I suppose is odd) I'll have to read up on Blizzard's policies but for real, if anything Blizzard should be worried about them not us haha.
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:33 pm

Yes, I suppose many figured that since IT servers are not for profit then it was okay. Considering they also say that it's fine to use their stuff as long as you don't use their storylines etc. then I suppose removing WoW content is entirely up to the server owner.

The reason those custom WoW servers got in trouble was either 1) they were charging money to play their server or 2) they were using WoW storylines

Again, up to server owners, but I think IT servers should be trying to keep away from WoW and create their own unique feel/content. It may cost a bit of money to replace some things if you can't find a suitable equivalent for free, but if you can then I say go for it.
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
jengatower

Game username : jengatower
Female Posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:45 am

Does this also include FeralHeart? Converted WoW models and maps containing such objects are freely distributed on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Slycan

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:41 pm

jengatower wrote:
Does this also include FeralHeart? Converted WoW models and maps containing such objects are freely distributed on the forum.

I'm only here to protect KITO and IT Servers to be honest, so I will leave that decision up to FH members and FH staff to decide. Blizzard staff said they don't want people using their game assets unless it's for private use. Use common sense and your best judgement.
Back to top Go down
jengatower

Game username : jengatower
Female Posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:59 pm

That was kind of a dumb question, sorry. xD Thank you though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.   

Back to top Go down

Dear KITO Admins - Please Remove anything WoW Related from the website.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Announcements-
Jump to: