HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

concepts and other stuff for onibi project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
zin

Game username : zinnia
Server : onibi project

PostSubject: concepts and other stuff for onibi project   Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:41 pm

old thread:

woohoo revamping old stuff

ive finally settled on the name onibi project for now
onibi is a term for essentially those spooky floating lights , and it translates to will o wisp (and like 3 other things because Languages(tm))
the project part is just because its. a project

im gonna slap all the stuff thats not models or maps here (mostly concepts/other art/story related jargon)
updated description:
onibi project is a game built off of impressive title, and has a main focus of the monsters of japan and china. so obviously as in any game that features yokai, you, the player, run around and beat them up for money and other cool stuff

some characters who i'll either implement later as bosses or npcs when i get around to commissioning that stuff
oh boy:

devlog #2:

this doesnt even count as a devlog but eh
Spoiler:

Last edited by zin on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:14 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : updated)
Back to top Go down
zin

PostSubject: Re: concepts and other stuff for onibi project   Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:11 pm

did a complete overhaul of this

ft. character and story concepts because i easily get carried away making characters
ill probably post some another boss concept ive had lying around (a doodle in my schoolbook i got too attached too) once i clean it up
Back to top Go down
zin

PostSubject: Re: concepts and other stuff for onibi project   Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:47 am

this has kinda become my devlog?? oh well

WAHO MY HAND HURTS ALOT AND THIS WHOLE THING ISNT EVEN D O N E

working on a much more comprehensive ref for the cat/bakeneko/nekomata (im a walking encyclopedia on this stuff and i STILL get the two mixed up, theres like one differents and i am Burning) since the old one wasnt really helpful to someone trying to model it
probably gonna update again and add mode comprehensive notes once im done (current have manes and wings left to go, 5 sheets in all, hoo boy)

added em to the main post too !

boop (big images):

ive also finally been forcing myself to work on the forum
not everything is filled out and i did like 95% of the work when i was tired and fed up w html and im not really sure what the language filter is but i censored a sarcastic sidenote just in case
but i did manage to make a template for the enemy database
i.. definitely have to clean up all my placeholders and sarcastic fillers
big ol screenshot:

red forest + red forest shrine maze are done being mapped, gotta actually export them to it (because placing trees is INFINITELY less stressful in FH)
all thats left is the default and cret's boss room before i have all i want to make a demo video 8 D downside is i suck at .. IT in general and my battle strategy is generally hit it until it dies while curing yourself every 5 seconds so ill probably try to polish up on that because losing to my own boss would be.. well it sure would be alright
Back to top Go down
Malkabre

Game username : Zircon, Malkabre; morqque
Server : - - -
Male Posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: concepts and other stuff for onibi project   Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:26 pm

I apologize if you dont want anyone posting yet but I just have to say this is the
most unique and creative idea for an Impressive Title server I've seen so far.
And one that is based on Yokai, is extremely amazing to see (I was actually plannning
to compile a server that was based around Japanese mythos for a while now due to my
love for Gegege no Kitaro)
Also, if you need any help with information and details on specific yokai I am more than willing
to help, I spend 24/7 researching Yokai lmao. (I'd refer to this site http://yokai.com )

Best of luck to your server, and I can't wait to try it out in the future! :^D
Back to top Go down
zin

PostSubject: Re: concepts and other stuff for onibi project   Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:13 am

Zircon wrote:
I apologize if you dont want anyone posting yet but I just have to say this is the
most unique and creative idea for an Impressive Title server I've seen so far.
And one that is based on Yokai, is extremely amazing to see (I was actually plannning
to compile a server that was based around Japanese mythos for a while now due to my
love for Gegege no Kitaro)
Also, if you need any help with information and details on specific yokai I am more than willing
to help, I spend 24/7 researching Yokai lmao. (I'd refer to this site http://yokai.com )

Best of luck to your server, and I can't wait to try it out in the future! :^D

before i start i just wanna say that even tho my reply is late cuz life has been really hectic this comment really has made my day and i love to keep looking at it ;v;//!!thank you so much aaaa
also yokai.com is a savior because theres like no consistent imagery for ANYTHING so i use it for drawing reference alot instead of wading through obscure websites last updated in 2008 for 6 hours
also heres my excuse to reply cuz i feel weird posting if i dont have an update

its not much this time but i finished the playermodel ref (life has kinda been kicking my butt so i havent had alot of time or motivation)
large image:

the website/forum is abt 85% done and formatted (minus screenshots) and ill /make an attempt/ to finish some map items that ive been slacking on

i feel weird for thi not being much so have a...... semi related??picture of a good dog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: concepts and other stuff for onibi project   

Back to top Go down

concepts and other stuff for onibi project
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SERVERS :: Works in Progress-
Jump to: