HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

How to Solve 'Entity is Not Animated in Entity' OGRE Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Unio-Mentium

Game username : None
Server : None
Female Posts : 9

PostSubject: How to Solve 'Entity is Not Animated in Entity' OGRE Error   Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:47 am

Thanks to Kattington, I was able to solve my latest issue. I had been trying to modify and retexture the original IT Items, and upon exporting and adding them ingame, they would crash the game with a error saying 'Entity is Not Animated in Entity'.

If you have had/are having a similar issue, see below!

Please Note that this Tutorial is assuming you have prior knowledge regarding Blender 2.49b, OgreXMLConverter and modifying the games content. If you are not aware of how to use Blender or it's addons, please refer to a posted tutorial!

•    STEP I - Import your file as you normally would by using the Blender Importer or by opening one of the Original IT Blenders in Blender 2.49b. Proceed to select all and Export, following Slycan's Animation Import Tutorial to make sure that all included animations are correctly exported with the mesh.

•    STEP II - After exporting the files to the desired location, make sure that both files have their original names. If not, rename them.

For Example: [Files may Export with the following name]
   Exported Names: antlers.mesh | antlers.skeleton
   Original Names: antlers.mesh | antlers-Armature.skeleton

•    STEP III - Once the files are properly renamed, right click on antlers.mesh and open with Notepad, or Notepad++. Scroll down to the very bottom. You will see a line of code that looks like this -

Code:
    <skeletonlink name="Armature.skeleton"/>

REPLACE the 'Armature' with the name of the .skeleton file, which, in this example, would be 'antlers-Armature'.
    Make sure to SAVE, or the changes made will not take effect!

• STEP IV - Now, with your XML File corrected, run both files through the OgreXMLConverter to change them back into .mesh files. If both files were successfully converted, check the resulting 'OgreXMLConverter' LOG and make sure that nothing within the code implies an error!

• STEP V - Final Step! Take these newly converted files and place them into the 'models' folder in your Server files. You may end up overwriting some files, and I recommend that you back the original, unedited files up just in case of an issue!
    Now...go ingame, and see if it works! If so, congratulations! If not, check your XML file once again to see if you edited the right line of code and if there are any typos.

Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf22

Server : LW(Co-owner)
Female Posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: How to Solve 'Entity is Not Animated in Entity' OGRE Error   Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:24 pm

Bless you for making that!!! Thanks ^^ I needed something like this
Back to top Go down
Unio-Mentium

Game username : None
Server : None
Female Posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: How to Solve 'Entity is Not Animated in Entity' OGRE Error   Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:23 pm

Lunarwolf22 wrote:
Bless you for making that!!! Thanks ^^ I needed something like this

Thank you! That's my goal ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Solve 'Entity is Not Animated in Entity' OGRE Error   

Back to top Go down

How to Solve 'Entity is Not Animated in Entity' OGRE Error
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Tutorials-