HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

creating a new playermodel from scratch?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
zin

Game username : zinnia
Server : onibi project

PostSubject: creating a new playermodel from scratch?   Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:58 am

howdy ! im zin and i decided to try my hand at this whole it server thing because.. it sounded fun
apologies in advance in this is in the wrong place !! this looked like the most fitting

anyways, i wanted to try something different, and maybe see if i could create a playermodel that fits my art style and my end aesthetic goal if i ever finish this (which i really hope i will)
just keeping my impulses in check before i get myself riled up trying to do the entire thing without any tutorial

the thing is a) i know nothing about rigging it for animations and making playermodels and b) its so drastically different im not even sure if it will work

heres the sketch i had !

i do know how to model in blender but.. thats just about it,, i dont know much about meshes or rigging (yet??) or adding more heads, tails, stuff like that

it might just be because of my problems reading but i couldn't find anything on making custom playermodels here..

if someone could link to to a guide i might have missed or anything else that would help that would be wonderful!!! im just getting started with all this so please be patient with me,,

and yea, id be fine if id have to redo markings/manes/items ! its just more modeling and art practice and thats what i really want to get out of this aside from than finishing something playable
it would be nice if there was a way to rig it so that the animations from the old model would still work :0
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 379

PostSubject: Re: creating a new playermodel from scratch?   Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:59 am

step 1 would be learning how to rig an animate.
create the new model, rig it to the skeleton in magix2.blend. correct the animations/make new ones. export as xml. convert xml to mesh format. insert into the game. test. go back and fix the errors. repeat as necessary until desired outcome is achieved.
Back to top Go down
zin

PostSubject: Re: creating a new playermodel from scratch?   Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:20 am

Hamilton wrote:
step 1 would be learning how to rig an animate.
create the new model, rig it to the skeleton in magix2.blend. correct the animations/make new ones. export as xml. convert xml to mesh format. insert into the game. test. go back and fix the errors. repeat as necessary until desired outcome is achieved.

oh gosh it. makes alot more sense when you put it really simply thank you so much!! i tested out some rigging with some tutorials and im not very good at it i. can do it so thats a start

this is probably a really stupid question but i cant find magix2 :0 am i blind as a bat or is it hidden somewhere??

but really thank you so much for a breif description it helps so much more than a block of text because i can actually read it aa
Back to top Go down
Revaen
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Male Posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: creating a new playermodel from scratch?   Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:17 pm

My suggestion is to start by learning on how to use Blender itself.

To be honest, there are many tools in Blender that can be useful instead of using the traditional way of the 3D modelers focused in IT solely. If you manage to understand Blender itself, you will understand how everything will work and why things are done in those steps.

This in case you want to really work in advanced character modeling and animating and innovate new stuff for your server.

Here's the full tutorial and guide for Blender 2.49 (IT-friendly version) that I have used and referenced off for a good while:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Manual

It's worth checking before it gets locked or deleted for being such an outdated version.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 379

PostSubject: Re: creating a new playermodel from scratch?   Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:22 pm

the sass is strong with this one.
but i should really know by now not to answer things when i only have a few seconds to spare.

(mods, this took way longer than it should have to find. the original blends are important resources that should have a proper place. why would i, or anyone else, ever think to look at player submitted content for the original .blend files?)
ahem. ANYWAYS

You'll find the original blend files for everything from Impressive Title in a download in this thread supplied by Slycan. You'll find several magix.blend files within it. Including the magix2.blend. (the reason magix2.blend is what i recommend is because it is the only .blend of the bunch to contain ALL the animations for the game. and if you don't have all of them in your skeleton file, you will crash the game when you go to test you new body.)

A quick glance through the tutorials section:
How to animate and export in blender
Guide/ How to rig a 3D model for animation (PDF VERSION)
Automatic Armature Weight Painting

A personal favorite. It covers learning blender, the modeling process, rigging, and working with the animation tools.
Introduction to Character Animation

Back to the tutorials section. Man, this place is handy.
Blender to Mesh Export Tutorial

Solved support. Where people with similar problems got tuns of help that's readily available for anyone else to read and learn from
Playable model rigging
(i only went back a few pages, but the SEARCH TOOL would find a lot more)

Guides & FAQs
Adding Heads into own compiles (contrary to it's title, this information can be applied to tails, manes, tufts, wings, and bodies (if you have the multi-body source))

There is also this thread:
Mega List of FAQ, Tutorials and Server Help
It's located in this very same support section. it would have been very visible to you before you even hit the "new topic" button.

And of course, there is always the SEARCH TOOL. It's located at the top of the forum. It blinks through a few different textures so that it is more noticeable to those looking for certain threads and topics of which they might find help for their current issues.

Lastly, I'm going to link to this section of the forum:
Helpful Programs
Because it contains programs and scripts referenced in the other threads. Things such as the XML converter, XOR tool, and older versions of Blender.
Back to top Go down
zin

PostSubject: Re: creating a new playermodel from scratch?   Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:51 pm

Hamilton wrote:

aa okay!!!! thank you so much!!!!! i couldnt find anything with search which is why i asked here cvghbjn

but seriously thank you so much for the help :''D!! im sorry im like. newbielord supreme
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: creating a new playermodel from scratch?   

Back to top Go down

creating a new playermodel from scratch?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: