HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Is it just me, or..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SkyIsTheLimit

Female Posts : 5

PostSubject: Is it just me, or..   Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:23 am

Is it just me, or does everyone else who tries to download things from this site get the adfly popup? Every single time I try to downlad something, (for example, the new run cycle, or better eye textures etc etc) I can't. Because the adfly site pops up and tells me to turn off my adblock (yeah, right...) or else it doesn't allow me to get the file.
Adfly isn't even safe... It's very dangerous malware and I have no idea why this is happening. I have stumbled upon it a few times in the past, but it had been years since I last saw it. And now it's all over the place.

Is it just me?
Back to top Go down
RikaCreature

Server : Dawn of Eternity Co-Owner
Female Posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or..   Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:06 am

adfly isn't malware lol. it's a service that lets people generate ad revenue for links as well as shortening them, it's a pretty good way for the generous people making free stuff here to get a little bit of cash for their trouble.
Back to top Go down
SkyIsTheLimit

Female Posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or..   Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:19 am

RikaCreature wrote:
adfly isn't malware lol. it's a service that lets people generate ad revenue for links as well as shortening them, it's a pretty good way for the generous people making free stuff here to get a little bit of cash for their trouble.

Then how do you explain that if you look it up everyone says it is malicious and that if you happen to see it, it means your computer is infected? Everyone wants to exterminate adfly, and for good reasons. I run adblock plus, and adfly says I should turn it off, otherwise it doesn't let me get to my destination, and keeps throwing annoying, scammy pop ups at my face.
Adfly is a confirmed malware that can infect your computer and make it run very slowly, get control of your passwords, credit card info etc. etc. and it's very hard to get rid of. And I'm afraid my computer is inftected. I went to check my search history and I saw dozens of searches I NEVER made.
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or..   Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:21 am

mediafire tends to attach adfly to download links afaik. the owners usually aren't doing it on purpose. adfly itself isnt malware but the ads it pops up may be, i dont really know cause i have an adblocker

Is it just me, or..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Forum-
Jump to: