HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Can I still host without a router accessable via my browser?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
venw0lf

Game username : Venwolf
Server : Last Moon (Global Mod)
Female Posts : 107

PostSubject: Can I still host without a router accessable via my browser?   Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:12 pm

So I've got a bit of an issue, nothing new.

I've got an Apple Airport Extreme, and instead of using a website to manage the browser, it uses an application on an Apple device.

Before I even try to fix the steps I took to portforward it, I want to know if I can even host on it.
And yes, I read this: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Apple/AirPortExtreme/defaultguide.htm

I was able to go to to the Port Mapping area and put in my ports.
Windows Firewall is set up to have them open.
No-ip works, with all green text, meaning it's running fine.
My no-ip address is in the source properly.

Still, nothing. I can't get onto my game unless localip has 127.0.01 in it.

This also brings up my question, does localip have to have my computer's ip, or my no-ip?
Should I even put in the effort; If I cannot host on this router at all?
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 489

PostSubject: Re: Can I still host without a router accessable via my browser?   Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:37 pm

127.0.0.1 is a loopback. it will work even if you don't have internet, but only you can connect

can you show screenshots of your ports?

PostSubject: Re: Can I still host without a router accessable via my browser?   Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:30 am

I'm also kind of confused on how I get the Private IP Address. I used the Utility to get my Windows computer that's running the server's IP, but I was wondering if there was any better way to find it.
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can I still host without a router accessable via my browser?   Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:54 am

the private IP looks weird...? honestly i know little about port forwarding and nothing about apple products but generally the ip you use to portforward is your computers ipv4 address

Game username : TaintedRhyme,Veronique
Server : Ethereal(OWNER)
Female Posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: Can I still host without a router accessable via my browser?   Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:36 pm

How you access the router through browser or anything of the sort may or may not matter. Everyone can access to their routers. If it's a private Ip it may be impossible to host. If it's actually private.

When you host; users access into your internet. If it is private and only you and people under your internet can access through it. Then when you host a server it may not work. I do not have a apple computer so I can't help you find much,if you did everything correctly and still cannot connect then No you most likely cannot host with your router. Either that or your port forwarding the wrong IP.
Back to top Go down
venw0lf

PostSubject: Re: Can I still host without a router accessable via my browser?   Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:01 am

I believe the Private IP should be filled in with the ipv4 of my windows computer that's running the server stuff. I'm not sure what's meant by private though..
I'll play around with it.

I also am wondering what the point is of having no-ip?
if anyone wouldn't mind answering that.
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can I still host without a router accessable via my browser?   Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:09 am

no-ip allows you to change the ip users connect to without releasing a new exe. it's helpful if your ip is dynamic or you get a new router or something

how did you find your ipv4? you went into cmd and ipconfig and found it, then put it in the port settings?

PostSubject: Re: Can I still host without a router accessable via my browser?   Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:45 pm

Yes, that's what I did

EDIT:
Okay so I realized I apparently didn't have my no-ip address in my source.. So that helps.
Compiling now, and I'll see where that goes.

What am I supposed to put into localip? My no-ip address or?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I still host without a router accessable via my browser?   

Back to top Go down

Can I still host without a router accessable via my browser?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: