HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Mobile Redirect Ads

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Caligosus

Male Posts : 23

PostSubject: Mobile Redirect Ads   Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm getting this terrible redirect ad that wont let me view any member profiles. It happens every single time I try and it's quite a nuisance.

It's the same ad every time.

I press the back button to get away from the popup, then it goes to this.

It endlessly buzzes your phone if you don't have a good anti-virus/security application running, and then it's near impossible to get out of by pressing the back button so I have to close the tab.

The strange ad urged me to open my Comodo Security ap and do a virus/push ad scan (don't ever trust these ads to do it, they will put viruses on your phone) to check if it was my phone doing this, but it isn't. My phone is clean.

Is there any way you could remove this particular ad or remove redirect ads altogether? I don't mind popups or ad banners, but redirect ads are very annoying to deal with.
Back to top Go down
http://caligosus.com
RedEye
Retired

Game username : -redeye-
Server : KITO
Male Posts : 2575

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect Ads   Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:06 pm

That Google page isn't even Google.com but I have noticed them once or twice myself and I don't know what causes them besides it is triggered by visiting the page on a mobile device

Game username : Icea
Server : Blazing Wolves (Co-Owner), Tales of Luzaris (Moderator) Canis Lupus (Mapmaker)
Female Posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect Ads   Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:48 pm

dang i got this message on my phone when i was going on a site to read something on a website. Safe to say that its not just on KITO but other sites as well. Just dont click "ok" and you'll be fine. Because if a warning message says "your phone has been hevily damaged by Four virus" or what not, then you shouldn't trust it unless if it says that on your phone's home screen, in which it should say something like "Your phone has been heavily damaged by four viruses". If it says that then ask an electronic or someone.
After getting that popup myself, i haven't experienced any problems with my phone, so that pop up is most likely fake.

As RedEye said, that google page isn't google.com, which is just screaming "IM FAKE! IM FAKE! IM FAKE!!!!!" and giving you more of a reason not to click the "repair fast now" or "ok" button

Well, i hope my message was necessary... and i hope my message helped as well ^^
Back to top Go down
Caligosus

Male Posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect Ads   Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:05 am

Hmm... So there is no way to stop this ad?
Back to top Go down
http://caligosus.com
Icea

Game username : Icea
Server : Blazing Wolves (Co-Owner), Tales of Luzaris (Moderator) Canis Lupus (Mapmaker)
Female Posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect Ads   Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:31 am

Caligosus wrote:
Hmm... So there is no way to stop this ad?

Not that i know of, no. Sorry :U
Back to top Go down

Mobile Redirect Ads
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Forum-
Jump to: