HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Looking to start a RP IT server.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nefadozone

Game username : Nefadozone
Server : Fucko McShitpo
Male Posts : 176

PostSubject: Looking to start a RP IT server.   Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:31 pm

No, I don't have the money to pay anybody. This is just going to be a labour of love. I'm sorry about that ahead of time just to get it out of the way.

Here's the deal:

I am able to do everything required myself, but I don't have the time. I was looking to see if maybe some other notorious artists etc. from this community would be interested in collaborating to make one big RP IT server.

I would like to use my models from my other game, WM, for the player ones at least, but the thought of a community collab server is something that's been on my mind for a year now.

A certain level of skill is all I'm looking for. I apologize because I know not everyone can best everything (I sure can't) but quality control has to be enforced in this project.

And:

I am willing to pay for hosting again if this goes somewhere. Right now just content creators and what not are what would really bring this past the idea stage.

Thanks for reading this. Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://wildmidnight.boards.net/
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 510

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a RP IT server.   Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:43 pm

A collaborative effort sounds awesome. I shudder to think of the organisation behind it all though - who's doing what, if someone needs to wait on someone else for something, if someone disappears etc.

Not sure I qualify, but I'm happy to help if needed. Do you have a theme or anything?
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
Skulleh

Game username : Skulleh
Female Posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a RP IT server.   Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:04 am

I could join up on this, depending on how you plan on it turning out, and whether you're going to cancel it like with Spectrum.

My skills are here: http://www.kitopen.com/t4172-skulleh-s-meshing-stuff
Back to top Go down
http://www.warriors-moonrise.freeforums.net
Nefadozone

Game username : Nefadozone
Server : Fucko McShitpo
Male Posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a RP IT server.   Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:13 pm

Thank you both for your interest.

@Obey Well, let's see.. I make a pretty awful leader, I think a group of 'leaders' to coordinate everything would be better. I can help organize of course and assign tasks, but as far as time goes: since nobody is going to be given any sort of cash, there should not be due dates - it should just have small, live patches. If one person can't meet the deadlines then that's fine. Either I or somebody else can take care of the content missed, though I feel like with enough creators bumping heads there'd be enough even if one goes SOL.

@Skulleh Spectrum was gotten rid of due to my dislikes of OGRE and need to move on. I learned quite a lot as far as beginner c++, ogre applications, and modeling/texturing. It was a stepping stone towards something much bigger, far greater (in my mind at least). Relying on an old framework from 2008-2009 was not something I wanted to keep doing. The time it would always take to rewrite classes and what not was so consuming that I made the decision again and again that moving to a real game engine would be a much better use of said time.

This would be a different scenario, it wouldn't be just me working alone and ideas wouldn't be all up to me. Yes, I'll take care of monthly server costs since it's pretty cheap to maintain - but if I need to work on my own project I still can help with some things.

I have all the freetime in the world and if a server like this was made, that required dedication and motivation, believe me. I won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Smile

Theme ought to be voted on, the same with name and playable species.
Back to top Go down
http://wildmidnight.boards.net/
Beetle

Male Posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a RP IT server.   Sun May 08, 2016 1:06 am

I'd be interested in helping out!
I would mostly be good for a mod but I can make shards and maps. (I have shard examples) and I'm learning to make markings. I'm more than willing to learn other things too.
If you are still looking to make this just shoot me a PM!
Back to top Go down
Darc

Game username : Darcia
Server : Developer for Okami No Tochi
Female Posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Looking to start a RP IT server.   Sun May 08, 2016 11:53 pm

I can make shards and retexture and have experience moderating.

Shoot me a pm if you're interested in my examples and work.
Back to top Go down

Looking to start a RP IT server.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Help Wanted-
Jump to: