HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kisselexy

PostSubject: Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more   Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:37 pm

EDIT: the images should work now!

Hi! I'm a professional toy designer and newbie 3d-modeller. I took a course in basic 3d modelling late 2015 and I want to keep practicing and maybe be part of some fun project(s) meanwhile? I use 3D studio max.

I'll be busy until March because I'm on staff for a large swedish furry convention (NordicFuzzCon) but I intend to keep modelling and learn more.

I thought maybe I could make some friends who are also interested in 3d, rigging, texturing, coding etc. here and eventually work on some Impressive Title-source related projects!

Here are my early 3D works so far:

(The final image turned out pretty rigid and dull, but I tried my best XD This is my character model. It's Campanella from Night on the Galactic Railroad)

WIP pictures:

Here is another project I made for the course, it's a Fillyjonk-character from Tove Jansson's moomin universe:

Some objects (Chair, Table, Lamp):

Dilandau's Tiara:

And here is the first model I ever made, A prims-only Renamon:

So uhm yeah... If anyone wants to discuss projects and help me get more practice/learn more about working with 3d I would be super happy ^^

Also my FA is KisseLexy.

Feel free to contact me! thanks!

Last edited by Kisselexy on Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kattington
®
®

Game username : Kattington
Server : Azoptaos (Co-owner)
Female Posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more   Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:42 pm

For a "newbie" you certainly have a lot of talent! I'd post some of my first models...but they're not exactly something I'd like to show off. If you're looking to start working with IT based games, I can teach you more about how models work in them and help with getting models in game. Let me know if you ever need help!
Back to top Go down
https://azoptaos.boards.net/
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : Virus
Server : Miskai
Female Posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more   Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:20 pm

Hello hello! I really love your modelling skills. <3 Some of the images are broken, by the by.
But I wish you luck on future projects, this is way better than mere "newbie" work! 0:
Back to top Go down
Kisselexy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more   Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:15 pm

Vιrus wrote:
Hello hello! I really love your modelling skills. <3 Some of the images are broken, by the by.
But I wish you luck on future projects, this is way better than mere "newbie" work! 0:

Oh! Then it must be the FurAffinity images that are broken. Since I'm a new member I can't post links, and I don't know if I can hotlink stuff here. Just copypaste the link and paste it to your browser, it should work!

(I can upload them elsewhere and make new img-links soon ^^)

Anyway, thank you so much!

Back to top Go down
Jayx

Game username : Jayx
Server : Royal Elements
Female Posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more   Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:17 pm

Ahh I love your models!
Going to give you a +watch on FA xP
Back to top Go down
Kisselexy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more   Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:10 pm

Kattington wrote:
For a "newbie" you certainly have a lot of talent! I'd post some of my first models...but they're not exactly something I'd like to show off. If you're looking to start working with IT based games, I can teach you more about how models work in them and help with getting models in game. Let me know if you ever need help!

That would be awesome! Like I said above, I'll probably not have a lot of time to model until after NordicFuzzCon, but I find Impressive Title really interesting and would love to learn how to make models for IT-based games ^^!

I've never worked with any kind of coding before and my rigging/animation skills are... zero.

But practice makes perfect! Would love to learn how to make critters, items, new playable characters- everything. But I have to start completely form scratch, knowledge-wise XD!

Do you use skype? PM me and we can exchange IM nicks~
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more   Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:03 am

Very nice work. We are always looking for talented people at Dragon's Den. So anytime you want to look around our server you are most welcome.
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net/
~LazyZim~
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more   Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:02 am

Oh a toy designer! Do you make plushies irl?

As LazyZim said we'd love to have you over on Dragon's Den. A few of our staff are getting into modelling/rigging/animating (some already have) and I think it'd be great for them to pass on what they know and learn more with you.

On the other hand, if you don't feel comfortable tying yourself to one server then perhaps you can open requests/commissions and work on some things that people come up with?

Whatever you decide I wish you the best of luck! Always great to see a new face around. Very Happy

~Obey~
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
Kisselexy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more   Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:13 pm

ObeyTheFist wrote:
Oh a toy designer! Do you make plushies irl?

As LazyZim said we'd love to have you over on Dragon's Den. A few of our staff are getting into modelling/rigging/animating (some already have) and I think it'd be great for them to pass on what they know and learn more with you.

On the other hand, if you don't feel comfortable tying yourself to one server then perhaps you can open requests/commissions and work on some things that people come up with?

Whatever you decide I wish you the best of luck! Always great to see a new face around. Very Happy

~Obey~

Yeah I make plush toys IRL ^^!
I make graphical designs for mass production. I've made quite a lot of toys, recently I helped design the new Snowdrop plush licensed by Silly Filly Studios and distributed by Lunar Shine.

Oh wow D:! It would be awesome to join your server. Thing is, I'm a total n00b so I'll need lots of guidance to start off with ;v;! I hardly know where to begin. The meshing part + UV mapping is "under control" somewhat but... all else is a mystery.
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more   Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:53 am

Oh that is cool~ I wish I could make plushies. I'm after a soft, huggable, sort-of-lying-down Glaceon but to commission someone for something like that on deviantART is about $200. :/

If you'd like to join DD's team then just send me or LazyZim a PM and I'll give you my Skype name. If you don't have Skype that's okay, we can work around it. :3
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
Kisselexy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more   Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:38 pm

ObeyTheFist wrote:
Oh that is cool~ I wish I could make plushies. I'm after a soft, huggable, sort-of-lying-down Glaceon but to commission someone for something like that on deviantART is about $200. :/

If you'd like to join DD's team then just send me or LazyZim a PM and I'll give you my Skype name. If you don't have Skype that's okay, we can work around it. :3

Haha! Tried sending you a PM but I can't do it since I haven't made enough posts on the forum ;v;! Please send me a PM instead with your Skype and I'll add you instead! (Don't want to write my Skype name here publicly on the forum to avoid spam. But I use skype a lot ^^!)
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more   Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:34 pm

Shoot! How much are those plushies?? 0:
Back to top Go down
Centelleo
Banned

Game username : Centelleo
Server : Foreign Entity
Female Posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more   Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:47 pm

Vιrus wrote:
are you going to make their mane nice and wet
Back to top Go down
http://taleofmervian.tk
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more   Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:03 pm

Centelleo wrote:
Vιrus wrote:
are you going to make their mane nice and wet
don't
Back to top Go down
Kisselexy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more   Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:23 pm

Vιrus wrote:

I've not been a member long enough to post links but you can get them at Lunar Shine Store for 25 USD + shipping c:! They have many other great plushies, too.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Cloud, Daydream
Server : None
Female Posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more   Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:14 pm

I love your models! Skyna would always be grateful for another modeler to help out our current one.

http://skyna.boards.net/forum

Just shoot me a PM on here or on the Skyna forum for my Skype, or Virus's (she's on the Skyna staff team too) if you'd like to join the team. c:
Back to top Go down
Kawoie

Game username : Kawoie
Server : Former KITO Administrator
Male Posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more   Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:56 am

Lovely stuff you have here, I'm digging it!
I hope to see you go far with your lovely work, because, honestly - it is pretty damn rad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more   

Back to top Go down

Newbie 3D modeller - Want to make friends & learn more
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Job Search/Commissions-
Jump to: