HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Warning About Dark Abyss

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : Virus
Server : Miskai
Female Posts : 486

PostSubject: Warning About Dark Abyss   Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Hello, lovelies!

I'm posting this information to warn you about the server, Dark Abyss, who have indeed stolen content before. Now, it's not really any of the staff (most I've spoken to are pretty kind people), but more or less the owner, which is really making the cookie crumble.
Because I won't point fingers, I'm masking each person. Person A is my colleague let's say, and Owner is the owner. (It's really not much of a mystery if you do your research eheh)

Person A and I were talking on Skype per usual, and the topic of DA got brought up as I went ingame and nobody was there. And, because both of us were staff members at one point on here, we had stories to share.

I learned that, just because Person A was the co-owner of DA at one point, Owner had pushed Person A so far as to force them to stay up two nights in a row just because Owner "couldn't do it" or always had an excuse not to play her part. Owner even once threatened to kill herself because Person A generously offered to teach the owner how to make maps, and she went so far as to say "I'm too stupid" and threatened to kill herself.
over a map.
that she could be taught how to make.
Normally I don't mention this, but joking about suicide and throwing it around just to excuse herself out of a situation she doesn't want to be in like nothing's wrong with that? That's wrong and horrible of her to do that.

Apparently this happened recently with the host too, because Owner made the host create something even when they said they weren't supposed to be creating content for the server. And they were rushed, on top of it, which was horrible considering their sheer generosity.

Another story is, when I used to work here, Owner had made me do all of the work for her. I had to even compile the server for her because, for some reason, she could not. Even though she was the owner. She made me create the GUI as well. I feel like the only thing she did do is make the purple sky retex ingame and that's literally it, because nothing else has been touched whatsoever.
I also generously made DA a new startscreen picture, and instead of Owner telling me even one thank you, she gave me something that was obviously 10x better than my own and told me to "use that instead". Which, of course, made me feel like my art was horrible afterwards.
Long story short,
I asked for a promotion later on, Owner was very very very hesitant for some reason, telling me it was a "big step forward" or something along those lines, even though I knew she could see my capability due to creating her whole entire game for her.
So I left the DA team a few days later without a regret in the world, and voila, here I am now.

Basically, Person A and I shared those stories and agreed that Owner should actually create her own work instead of bossing others around. If she wants to keep her position, she should have to work for it. Because being an owner isn't just sitting back and relaxing and creating excuses off of the top of her head not to do any work and just watch her staff members do the work for her. Being an owner means to pitch in, and to be the actual leader people respect. Hell, she should be doing the most work if anything. So we decided to take out our own work, which made up about 90% of the game's uniqueness (considering all that's there otherwise is a purple sky, whoop-de-doo) and let Owner work for once for the members she oh-so wants so much.

So we moved on with our plan, and requested for both my GUI and Person A's models to be taken out of the game. My thread was deleted twice, and this morning a message popped up in my PM by Owner.

Spoiler:

However, please keep in mind that there was no fine print, no contract, nothing at all when we applied for this server. We expected to be recognized and respected, but we never received such treatment, so we left. And now, as we politely request our work to be taken down, she's refusing such a thing like there was a contract or something involved, when there wasn't.
But yeah, that's where we are now.

tl;dr, this is a warning for all of those who want to keep their work protected and want to be respected as individuals and not as robots. Theft has already happened once on this server; and the owner is ridiculously enough throwing a threat around to do it again. Keep your eyes peeled for this server and the content they hold in it.
This is NOT meant to target anyone directly. It's merely to warn the community of a server with a growing reputation, may it be good or bad.

Thank you! <3
Back to top Go down
Kawoie

Game username : Kawoie
Server : Former KITO Administrator
Male Posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: Warning About Dark Abyss   Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:06 pm

Well then.

That's pretty pathetic of the owner to do that and act that way. Without legal contract, you can't keep anything from anyone, and it doesn't sound like she mentioned this beforehand. She should've, to be fair. How she reacted was pretty childish -- and basically it's theft. And to be completely honest, the owner shouldn't even have the title of a so called "owner" if they just simply manage staff members like dogs and tell them what to do. It's team effort -- not just forcing your team to do everything for you since you "can't do anything" (which you should really study up on all that good stuff before you consider making a server).

I'm terribly sorry you had to deal with that, friend. You deserve far better, your content is honestly amazing. Same goes for person A.

Good luck with all of this; and I hope that the owner takes you and person's A content down.
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: Warning About Dark Abyss   Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:10 pm

Kawoie wrote:
Well then.

That's pretty pathetic of the owner to do that and act that way. Without legal contract, you can't keep anything from anyone, and it doesn't sound like she mentioned this beforehand. She should've, to be fair. How she reacted was pretty childish -- and basically it's theft. And to be completely honest, the owner shouldn't even have the title of a so called "owner" if they just simply manage staff members like dogs and tell them what to do. It's team effort -- not just forcing your team to do everything for you since you "can't do anything" (which you should really study up on all that good stuff before you consider making a server).

I'm terribly sorry you had to deal with that, friend. You deserve far better, your content is honestly amazing. Same goes for person A.

Good luck with all of this; and I hope that the owner takes you and person's A content down.

Thank yeh, Kaw. ;u;
I'm sure we'll get this situation handled one way or another.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Cloud, Daydream
Server : None
Female Posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Warning About Dark Abyss   Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:41 pm

I was never a part of this team and I don't want to be, but from the start it's easy to tell this server's going to go downhill. No one has any right to claim the content of someone else for 'their' game that they probably have never even touched the source code of it before. You can't just claim someone else's content without a contract that they signed that said that any content created goes to the game. It's their content, they have all rights to remove it. Well, we had a somewhat nice break before something else like this sprung up.
Back to top Go down
Slain Motionless

Game username : The-Hunted
Server : Aroessa
Female Posts : 431

PostSubject: Re: Warning About Dark Abyss   Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:22 pm

Said owner of DA has stolen content from SL in the past as well. Just a note.

She also begged myself and my host to become an admin of our server, using 'Owner' in place of DA owner name:
Conversation:

Then, after confronting the owner about the content and my websites stolen things, she banned me from the forum. Yay for childish people!

Anywho, she was banned from SL awhile ago for theft and harassment on the staff.
Back to top Go down
http://aroessa.proboards.com
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: Warning About Dark Abyss   Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:09 pm

Slain wrote:

She also begged myself and my host to become an admin of our server, using 'Owner' in place of DA owner name:
Conversation:

Then, after confronting the owner about the content and my websites stolen things, she banned me from the forum. Yay for childish people!

Anywho, she was banned from SL awhile ago for theft and harassment on the staff.

yeesh

This explains why she isn't doing anything, then. She just wants it for the title and the popularity. My favorite.
Back to top Go down
AutumnLeafdust

Game username : AutumnLeafdust
Server : Blazing Wolves (Owner)
Female Posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Warning About Dark Abyss   Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:53 am

Vιrus wrote:
Slain wrote:

Conversation:

yeesh

This explains why she isn't doing anything, then. She just wants it for the title and the popularity. My favorite.
Jumping into the wagon here, but, for just the title and popularity? Silent snicker the only title and popularity Owner's gonna get is negative stuff, liiike... Hmm... Ah, got one but I'm not saying it (its not offensive thou) but, those who want to be owners to make all other staff be their slaves is just plain wrong. Like, if you're gonna make them slaves then how about you get a taste of the staff slavery wagon? You wouldn't like it, one bit.
Still the ones that just want the title? It's our favorites.. sigh..
Back to top Go down
Raszagalex

PostSubject: Re: Warning About Dark Abyss   Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:30 am

Having been a member of Dark Abyss, promoted to delta within a day and to Co-Alpha two days later, I must say this is disappointing news. Hell, I didn't even know what was going on.

If I could mention, I am not against anyone here. I hold no one's side, just my own. I will not turn against you, Lovebug, nor against your Person A's and B's (Count me wrong if there is a person B, but I heard about person. A)

From the Owner,'s side of the story: Person A rigged  an existing model, which was free to use. The animation the model uses is an animation free to use. Rigging, she(Edit: PersonA) did, yes. But anyway, that is one point. That the model itself was out there to use. For free. For servers.
Point two: You constructed a GUI for the game. Okay. Kewl. Nice work by the way. ^^

Being deep in the pit of the Owner's issues with you two, so far all action she has taken was aggressive. Removing threads and banning. In my opinion this is just UNACCEPTABLE to have an owner behave that way. Will adit later when school is ovah <3

I'm no ones enemy.

(Continuing on)

I understand that it is your content, and that you want it removed from the game. Given an insight into Owner's personality, I'm afraid she's very stubborn about it. But yeah. She's not reacting to your requests well.

I don't know what else to say. As I said, I'm on no one's side. But that does not change the fact I am unhappy and disgusted at the situation. I've been excited to be one of the staff (for once) but it seems like the bad choice for me here. As she has previously said, 90% of her staff left. (Or was it 80%?). My first assumption was that the game was in Beta. But now I see the issue.

I suppose I'll be the next to leave. .o.

I have gotten contact with rightful content owners. My post is no longer valid. x3

Last edited by Raszagalex on Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:21 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: Warning About Dark Abyss   Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:12 pm

Heyhey, Raszag. I appreciate you seeing the other side of this!
Yeah, it's definitely on the... immature side of her to do this.
I appreciate you not taking sides, it's easier when people are neutral, matter-of-factly, because then we can have an ear of Owner's opinion and they can have an ear of our opinion.

I'll talk with ya more on Skype. <3
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: Warning About Dark Abyss   Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:30 pm

Owner has agreed to take said GUI and models down, however I am planning to keep this post up so people are still aware about it.
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Inactive (Dead) account

Game username : Darkstorm99398
Server : Many different IT servers.
Female Posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Warning About Dark Abyss   Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:34 am

Wow The own of Dark Abyss , is really mean , to her staff members , and I agree with all of you , about everything , that's about , Dark Abyss , and the owner of Dark Abyss
Back to top Go down
HexenHatter

Server : I'm everywhere, man.
Female Posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Warning About Dark Abyss   Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:14 am

While I agree totally, it's best not to necro older threads like this.
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Warning About Dark Abyss   Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:18 am

Greywolf this post is almost a year old, please don't necro (bump an old thread to the first page) threads. Check the dates on the last post; if it's more than a couple months and your post isn't adding any important information then don't necro.

Request to lock.

EDIT: damnit hexen, beat me to it by a second!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warning About Dark Abyss   

Back to top Go down

Warning About Dark Abyss
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Warnings-
Jump to: