HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Moving buttons to the Center + Moving Update box

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ЩΛЯ

Game username : ThisIsWar
Server : Eclipse
Female Posts : 373

PostSubject: Moving buttons to the Center + Moving Update box   Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:04 am

Okay, I realised someone had already posted about this and I know HOW to do it but I'm not sure what numbers I'd change it to *coughs* yeah, possibly that didn't make sense, but maybe this screenshot will help. Screenshot: http://imgur.com/7BZlK9w

So does anyone mind helping me? ;0; Oh and, about the Update box. I'm pretty sure I know how to move that to the login screen but It's the same problem with the buttons, so yep.

Thanks, War.
Back to top Go down
Nefadozone

Game username : Nefadozone
Server : Fucko McShitpo
Male Posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Moving buttons to the Center + Moving Update box   Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:42 pm

Moving the update box to the login screen? Wouldn't you have to change the source for that (so its visibility flag is the same as the login area's GUI)? There's a massive area in the GUI section of the source where it lists all of the pieces of each chunk of overlay, (not where they are all listed with their same types, such as 'BUTTON BLAH, BUTTON_BLARB, GUI_MEMES)

But there's an area where you can see that each 'page' of the overlay is layed out. You'd have to take the update box /from/ the startscreenoverlay and place it into the logonoverlay.
Above.. showLogonOverlay = true.. or something, don't know what it's called.

Sorry for not posting code examples, I'm not in the right place to test/find those exactly.

First, back up your overlay file. Wouldn't want to give you bad advice and have you ruin it all.

Since the container (StartScreenBox) is already at 0,0, I would attempt to try moving around the left value within the title AND buttons. Once you can find the center with the title logo, then you can also move those buttons to the same left value. (Not the top value, that controls up and down)

If you do figure out where to move the overlay in the source code, you'll want to also move it into the loginoverlay box area in the external .overlay file. You may or may not have to reposition it.

Also, if you're looking to place the login screen in the center, I think you'd use the same value from the titlescreen. Don't take my word for it.

Nevermind.

I do think that you can use 0.1 in the titlescreen for the title, and the buttons and their text without a problem.

Login box holder is left 0.25
I think the Multiplayer text is 0.25 as well

Then the buttons in the multiplayer box are left 0.16
Back to top Go down
http://wildmidnight.boards.net/
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Moving buttons to the Center + Moving Update box   Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:44 am

So you want like the title and update box and login window and all that on the same page like this?

This is a functioning combination of the startscreen and log in screen that we have set up for our next release of GROWL. It skips the login screen and removes the multiplayer button so when the player starts the game they log in and join straight away rather than going to a separate page.

To combine them both you need to alter the source, altering just the gui won't do anything but turn it into a mess.

But if this isn't what you want and you JUST want the update box move, it still kinda applies- You need to alter the source and find the update box code and move it around.
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : Virus
Server : Miskai
Female Posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: Moving buttons to the Center + Moving Update box   Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:01 am

I can totally do it if you want me to.
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: Moving buttons to the Center + Moving Update box   Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:12 am

Vιrus wrote:

So long as you don't copy what I've done for GROWL. Sharing methods is one thing, thieving designs is another.
Back to top Go down
ЩΛЯ

PostSubject: Re: Moving buttons to the Center + Moving Update box   Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:44 am

All I wanted to do is move the update box onto the Loginscreen and have the buttons in the middle. But do you have any idea what I'd change the numbers into to get them into the middle? I understand that you need to do something with the source, but I'm not compiling atm because one of my friends who was part of my staff team offered to do it for me, and they aren't really active. ;0;
Back to top Go down
ЩΛЯ

PostSubject: Re: Moving buttons to the Center + Moving Update box   Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:55 am

Vιrus wrote:

You would? Or is it crossed out for a reason?

(Sorry for Double Posting.)
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: Moving buttons to the Center + Moving Update box   Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:46 am

You just change the left / top numbers to something between -1 and 1 (e.g. -0.5, 0.35, 0.785, etc) to move the boxes around until they're in a position you're happy with.

Regarding moving the update box onto your login screen, that can only be done in your source code- after which you can change it's actual position on the screen via gui.overlay.

So until you change it in your source and compile it, you won't see it on your login screen.
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : Virus
Server : Miskai
Female Posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: Moving buttons to the Center + Moving Update box   Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:14 pm

ShadoWolfozo wrote:
Vιrus wrote:

So long as you don't copy what I've done for GROWL. Sharing methods is one thing, thieving designs is another.

Nope. I don't steal GUI designs - that's rather petty, don'tcha think?
I create my own, such as shown:
Spoiler:

Silent Warbob Satanfish wrote:
You would? Or is it crossed out for a reason?

(Sorry for Double Posting.)

Nah, I can do it for ya. As long as you're nice. xP
Back to top Go down
ЩΛЯ

PostSubject: Re: Moving buttons to the Center + Moving Update box   Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:41 pm

Very Happy Thanks Virus! Do you have Skype?
Back to top Go down

Moving buttons to the Center + Moving Update box
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: