HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Cinema 4D Item Rigging

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ichor

Game username : Ichornight
Server : Foreign Entity
Female Posts : 4

PostSubject: Cinema 4D Item Rigging    Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:26 am

[Please try not to tell me to just use Blender because Blender is incompatible with my computer. I've tried everything to get it to work on my computer but it just refuses, and I also know virtually nothing about the layout. Blender should be a last resort if there are no other solutions.]

Hi all, I'm a beginner 3D modeler/animator and I work for a server called Skyna. I'm currently creating items for the game and the first few are done, but now I do not know how to apply a rig from oIT to the items so they can fit on the actual game character.

I use Cinema 4D, and luckily it has a plugin for ORGE (https://skinprops.com/iogre) that I can use to export my model into a .mesh, .material, .skeleton and so on and so forth. The issue I have is that in order for the item to be placed correctly on the character it's got to have one of the preexsisting rigs on an IT model on it so a .skeleton can be made. Here's the sitch, I've no idea how to do that.

For example, I've got a bracelet model I'm trying to get ingame, and I have the files for oIT's bracelet ripped from the game, but I just don't know to apply its rig (.skeleton) onto my own model.

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/94d7yp

Forgive me if I just repeated myself 50 times. I've tried looking for assistance with the ORGE plugin but have found nothing. If there's a ridiculously simple solution please feel free to smack me in the face very hard; but otherwise help would be appreciated that I hope does not consist of "just use Blender."

Here is a screenshot of the ORGE plugin's export layout/options for convenience: http://prntscr.com/94dm35

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 723

PostSubject: Re: Cinema 4D Item Rigging    Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:54 am

What formats can you import into Cinema 4D? Maybe I can help you I can convert most formats of 3D items and critters.
LazyZim
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Cinema 4D Item Rigging    Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:23 am

While I hope LazyZim can help you, the reason we all say 'Use Blender' is because we all know that the outdated blender program we all use is compatible with the outdated engine the outdated game uses.

The game is old, the engine is old, the program is old and the exporter is old. Together they work fine lol.

We're not saying 'Use blender' to be annoying, that's literally the only thing most of us know works without doubt.

I have nothing else to actually contribute to the post, it was just for informative purposes.
Back to top Go down
Ichor

Game username : Ichornight
Server : Foreign Entity
Female Posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Cinema 4D Item Rigging    Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:42 pm

lazyzim wrote:
What formats can you import into Cinema 4D? Maybe I can help you I can convert most formats of 3D items and critters.
LazyZim

Thanks for the help, LazyZim; I very much appreciate it. ^^ These are all the compatible formats:

ShadowWolfozo wrote:
While I hope LazyZim can help you, the reason we all say 'Use Blender' is because we all know that the outdated blender program we all use is compatible with the outdated engine the outdated game uses.

The game is old, the engine is old, the program is old and the exporter is old. Together they work fine lol.

We're not saying 'Use blender' to be annoying, that's literally the only thing most of us know works without doubt.

I have nothing else to actually contribute to the post, it was just for informative purposes.

Right, I can totally get that! It's all just a matter of my computer is unable to operate it so far and I was trying to see if there was a workaround somehow to Blender, albeit unlikely. If I can't find any other solutions I'll just try to get Blender to work, because I know it goes hand in hand with IT. I didn't mean to come off rude. ;-; Thanks for telling me though, I appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 723

PostSubject: Re: Cinema 4D Item Rigging    Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:11 pm

Most of the new stuff used on Dragon's Den we purchased as either FBX or DAE format with animations and I can convert them easily to Ogre Mesh with animations and vice-a-versa. I can also do obj files to mesh but FBX and DAE are the 2 formats I use the most. I have not tried to convert those other formats but can also do Direct 3D. Anyway send me a PM on this forum or the Dragon's Den forum and I will see what I can do for you. I can also poly reduce very high poly count meshes to usable size without major loss of quality.
@lazyzim
Back to top Go down

Cinema 4D Item Rigging
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: