HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Banned from Deviantart?...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
milkynova

Female Posts : 50

PostSubject: Banned from Deviantart?...   Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:45 pm

Okay so when I logged in, my dA account was banned permanently for being an alternate account for silveria-adopts.deviantart.com.

So from what I heard from the journals on dA, they are an adopt thief/scammer. It appears that they're banned, but I was banned also for being a backup account for that person?... I don't even KNOW the person and I received points from them. Before I knew that they were adopt thieves, I thought that they were being generous but it appears that they might be setting me up for a ban...

I sent a letter to the dA staff for a ban appeal, explaining that I have no affiliation with that person whatsoever. I have a bad feeling that they won't listen to me anyways and I kinda lost inspiration for everything. I kinda got depressed and failing in school now...

If anyone wanna talk to me, you can go to my Tumblr or my email

Last edited by Mizuki on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://xysii.deviantart.com
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : Virus
Server : Miskai
Female Posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:50 am

But yet dA staff refuse to tend to more necessary work, such as art theft and harassment, and instead ban people unnecessarily for doing absolutely nothing.
Nice.
Back to top Go down
Arkhon

Game username : Arkhon
Female Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:46 pm

I think that dA has acknowledged that they are doing wrong, but chooses not to fix their wrongs because they feel that they have to actually do something.

Lazy staff at its finest.
Back to top Go down
-INACTIVE-
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Male Posts : 447

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:10 pm

Dont talk about dA staff in this way. They are very good team,and they are takin care of members,page (well,core membership was a bad thing) and they also keep eye on art thiefs. If you dont like how they doin their job,leave dA. And no,this was not mean like rude comment,its my opinion.

Anyway,lot of people makin new accounts where they can sell adopts,and when they sell them,they will send points to their main account. Maybe they think its your second account for stuff like this,because she give you some points.

+ its just your feeling,I think they will read it,just give them few days
Back to top Go down
Arkhon

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:43 pm

No.
Nonononono.
dA was never like this to me until recently.
Their staff constantly ignores my reports for art theft, and claim that even though this particular person STOLE MY ART WITHOUT MODIFYING IT, it doesn't infringe upon copyright law.
Remember when they sold art to Hot Topic without the original artist's permission?
I'm not trying to hurt your feelings or anything, but dA has been really shitty to their members lately and I wish they would stop.
Back to top Go down
-INACTIVE-
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Male Posts : 447

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:57 pm

Arkhon wrote:
No.
Nonononono.
Their staff constantly ignores my reports for art theft, and claim that even though this particular person STOLE MY ART WITHOUT MODIFYING IT, it doesn't infringe upon copyright law.
Remember when they sold art to Hot Topic without the original artist's permission?
I'm not trying to hurt your feelings or anything, but dA has been really shitty to their members lately and I wish they would stop.

Your opinion,and no worries,ya didnt hurt my feelings. I found three or four art thiefs,they have been reported,and their accounts was banned. Problem is,there can be a "black sheep" or maybe more,but I think lot of them take care of members and other stuff.

True is,it will be good to make a option on dA (like RedBubble have),called Download Protection: Discourage people from right-clicking or saving my images by placing a transparent image over the top of them + they also have a more options for watermarks.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Cloud, Daydream
Server : None
Female Posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:19 pm

Yeah, dA even has a download button and you can easily right click and save image. Some thieves will do nothing to hide the watermark, too. dA wouldn't have to deal with as many art thief reports if they had protection against it.
Back to top Go down
MissDiealot
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : SoftMoon | MissDiealot
Server : no longer active in the IT community
Female Posts : 299

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:29 pm

With all of what has been going on with dA, all I want to see is grab popcorn and see what else the staff has to offer.
Back to top Go down
http://missdiealot.deviantart.com/
Arkhon

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:16 pm

Cyris ßlack♥ wrote:
Arkhon wrote:
No.
Nonononono.

Your opinion,and no worries,ya didnt hurt my feelings. I found three or four art thiefs,they have been reported,and their accounts was banned. Problem is,there can be a "black sheep" or maybe more,but I think lot of them take care of members and other stuff.

True is,it will be good to make a option on dA (like RedBubble have),called Download Protection: Discourage people from right-clicking or saving my images by placing a transparent image over the top of them + they also have a more options for watermarks.

That would be actually be a good idea!  Sorry about that, I'm just pissed that one of the staff didn't respond the way they should've.  I understand that in some cases they cannot do anything about it, but they should at least be supportive of those who are having to constantly deal with this BS.  
Back to top Go down
milkynova

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:39 pm

EDIT: This is what one of the dA staff has replied (finally):
"The information which we have at our disposal indicates that you were the person operating the profile at http://silveria-adopts.deviantart.com/ and are therefore responsible for the fraudulent activity there."

And here is what I replied:
"Well, I have no access to that account. My cousin who was staying over at my house does have a Deviantart account. We both share a laptop to access out accounts. I don't know about this, but she has probably seen my account information that I wrote down on a piece of paper in my bedroom and used that password to create her account. She was complaining she couldn't create a password for her to remember. I talked to her about and she confessed that she was scamming on her own account, and was simply trying to help me raise points. I explained to her that's not how you raise points and that's a bad thing. So I prevented her to access my laptop and I have changed my password to prevent this from happening again.

So, could you please un-ban my account? If not, please explain to me why you can't."

And the staff member replied: "We will not be reactivating your accounts."

So I replied back: "May you explain to me why? I only just want my account lacovia.deviantart.com to be activated if you can. My cousin will no longer be using her account."

So now I'm waiting on their reply. Probably won't ever get back on dA. ;-; This is why I never let anyone use my laptop e3e
Back to top Go down
Olivie

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:02 pm

xysii wrote:
Okay so when I logged in, my dA account was banned permanently for being an alternate account for silveria-adopts.deviantart.com.

So from what I heard from the journals on dA, they are an adopt thief/scammer. It appears that they're banned, but I was banned also for being a backup account for that person?... I don't even KNOW the person and I received points from them. Before I knew that they were adopt thieves, I thought that they were being generous but it appears that they might be setting me up for a ban...

I sent a letter to the dA staff for a ban appeal, explaining that I have no affiliation with that person whatsoever. I have a bad feeling that they won't listen to me anyways and I kinda lost inspiration for everything. I kinda got depressed and failing in school now...

If anyone wanna talk to me, you can go to my [url=Tumblr]Tumblr[/url] or my [url=]email[/url]

Same IP address?
Back to top Go down
Olivie

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:03 pm

xysii wrote:

Same IP address is the reason of ban. is the ban call BAN EVASION?

it's caused when silveria-adopts is banned by art theft or spamming.
Back to top Go down
Olivie

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:04 pm

your cousin use computer, he got banned. = if anyone use deviantart on same computer, cause same IP address reason and cause you unable to use deviantart.
Back to top Go down
Olivie

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:05 pm

Arkhon wrote:
No.
Nonononono.

deviantart not care cyberbully and art theft now. now even no staff working.
Back to top Go down
Olivie

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:06 pm

Rainbow Jack wrote:
Dont talk about dA staff in this way. They are very good team,and they are takin care of members,page (well,core membership was a bad thing) and they also keep eye on art thiefs. If you dont like how they doin their job,leave dA. And no,this was not mean like rude comment,its my opinion.

Anyway,lot of people makin new accounts where they can sell adopts,and when they sell them,they will send points to their main account. Maybe they think its your second account for stuff like this,because she give you some points.

+ its just your feeling,I think they will read it,just give them few days

you are lucky to met in such good experience with DA staff because most of them not care even if ppl harass you or use your nickname make bad names. i.e /e.g. sperminsideofoeivilo is made against me, they said ppl are free to choose names as they wish it's freedom on username calling.
Back to top Go down
w1cht3l

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:12 pm

your cousin got banned on your computer, you use the same laptop = same IP resulted and ban evasion is being made.

yes that is why I dont like deviantart, here in hongkong, most ppl online on libraries. library computers. free internet.

I use deviantart and got banned. then all same IP people (even when you have no relation with them, you not have their account, you not log their account, u not get PW of their acc)

to deviantart. all are same person together and banned immediately by EVASION

this site has big problems it's not your mistake it's deviantart did not state well you can not have 2 acc on same IP.

if nothing happens then fine, if one person got suspended other account in same computer (same IP address, or whatever it's called) are all banned.

deviantart has no good customer services. it ban people unreasonable, the original poster HAS HER REASON TO BE ANGRY

deviantart chooses people to help
it does not control some sort of cyberbullying.
Back to top Go down
w1cht3l

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:14 pm

if nothing happens everyone in deviantart and same computer will have nothing happen on account but if one person is ban. art theft. then ALL SAME IP ACC.......

that is unfair if you really dont own those accounts. yes it's a big prob from this "deviantart" site.
Back to top Go down
w1cht3l

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:16 pm

nothing will happen as long as you dont violate DA rules, but if 1 person banned. yes so I hate deviantart.

I am banned member w1cht3l. I dont know deviantart not allow online photos. and put those googled or images that people posted, then they said I steal art.

sometimes deviantart should not suspend people without proper reasons.
you know that art from which gallery drawer does not mean that the banned deviant must also know too. by banning the person , deviantart only makes people dislike how they do things.
Back to top Go down
w1cht3l

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:18 pm

about one issue on DA I must really complain. it's Same IP issue thing,

because some people use public computer, so are the accounts same person?

some people in hongkong no internet computer like I do. we go out library computer, library computer has over 2 people use.
one of them may use deviantart. I not know I go and only use my account then I got banned saying you and that dude same person because same IP Address

so yes this must really have to get a room and discussion on deviantart. saying some people use public computer in many people but same computer together. but they dont have other ppl da accounts. this should have a reason to state and should not just ban just because those accounts are all same IP address/identical IP address

identical IP address may just be because it's public computer with over 1 people using.
Back to top Go down
w1cht3l

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:19 pm

about one issue on DA I must really complain. it's Same IP issue thing,

because some people use public computer, so are the accounts same person?

some people in hongkong no internet computer like I do. we go out library computer, library computer has over 2 people use.
one of them may use deviantart. I not know I go and only use my account then I got banned saying you and that dude same person because same IP Address

so yes this must really have to get a room and discussion on deviantart. saying some people use public computer in many people but same computer together. but they dont have other ppl da accounts. this should have a reason to state and should not just ban just because those accounts are all same IP address/identical IP address

identical IP address may just be because it's public computer with over 1 people using.
Back to top Go down
w1cht3l

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:20 pm

you got banned because you and that account same IP Address. this is what I am facing on deviantart too. so I warn people dont use that site. same IP address may not be all held by same person together.
Back to top Go down
milkynova

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:22 am

w1cht3l wrote:
you got banned because you and that account same IP Address. this is what I am facing on deviantart too. so I warn people dont use that site. same IP address may not be all held by same person together.

Yeah, that's why I'm gonna be more active on Tumblr and post my art there.
Back to top Go down
TheBlackHayate

Game username : TheBlackHayate
Server : Majima (Owner)
Female Posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:28 am

I feel your pain man, some dude harassed me a while back, reported it, and they did nothing, yet the same day my friend was banned for shitposting some random crap.. Lazy staff *sighs*
Back to top Go down
http://www.majima.boards.net
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 487

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:39 am

Wall of posts there basically saying the same thing over and over... ._.

The dA staff have their good moments and their bad moments. I've had both when dealing with them and yes, the bad ones can be very frustrating.

But I see why they won't unban you. A good amount of theft and scamming happened on your IP address.

They have only your word to go on that it will never happen again.

No offense, but to staff of a site like that your word is simply not enough.

Best thing you can do is leave the whole thing alone for a while. Give it a few weeks. You can contact them again when things have cooled down and see what they say if you want to go back there from tumblr.

Do not make another account.

This will only confirm to them that you are the person they were after because you care nothing for the site's rules.

Well, take that advice or leave it, up to you. :3
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
AngelicFeather

Server : Paw Quest (WIP)
Female Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Banned from Deviantart?...   Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:30 pm

I hate it when people don't believe people who are telling the truth. This happened to me once on a game called FreeRealms. This one person said I was swearing, when I was against (especially back when I was playing FR.) swearing. I still don't like it, but I'm not gonna scream at someone for simply saying one tiny swear word. It's just so common now days to me, it's pointless to even report or tell anyone someone swore. Back when I was on FR, I would report anyone who swore or even said a word that wasn't even a real swear word.

I wasn't banned from FR or anything, but it still annoyed me. Honestly, looking back at it, I should of reported them, blocked them and left it alone, but I just kept screaming at them for days, making stupid comments and arguing over something small.

I hope you could get your account back. Maybe some witnesses of some kind could help? I'm not sure who you could get, maybe some member of KITO or your friend who made the account. Either way, good luck, even though it's been a over a year since you were banned.
Back to top Go down

Banned from Deviantart?...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: