HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Mobile redirection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Mobile redirection   Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:25 am

I've come tonitice that while using the desktop version on a mobile device I am often redirected to a random advertisement website for iphone games which closes safari and opens itunes app store, whenever I click on anything on KITO unless it's the main page.

This is both infuriating and morethan likely a security issue, Red is there anything you can do to stop this from happening? Last thing I or anyone else needs is it redirecting to a phishing site or something.

There's pop up advertising and then there's invasive advertising and it's increased in frequency to the point if I don't stop loading the page manually, it automatically redirects and disables theback button as if it were a new tab.

Spelling mistakes courtesy of my iphone
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Cloud, Daydream
Server : None
Female Posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Mobile redirection   Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:24 am

//Sorry if this is considered old I really want to post on this

I've had this happening to me a lot lately. I often get redirected to an advertisement which most often opens up the App Store and the app the ad is for. I think it happens if you're not using your own personal wifi and using public ones. It's very annoying, at one point I could barely last five seconds on the Dragon's Den forum because it was redirecting so much. The apps I most commonly see are Lyft, Game of War and Words With Friends. I am definitely not getting any of those apps. c:
Back to top Go down

Mobile redirection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Forum-
Jump to: