HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Okay so I followed the IT compile guide thing...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nyro1

PostSubject: Okay so I followed the IT compile guide thing...   Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:08 am

Okay so I followed the entire IT compile guide. I'm basically at the part now about port forwarding and whatnot. But I don't really know if my game even works properly... like the folders and stuff seem different from other IT games I have downloaded before, is it supposed to be like that? And when I tried running the game.exe, I got some error message... like how something was missing or whatever, I don't exactly remember what it was. But I followed everything so like I don't really know, if someone could help me that would be great.

Also I don't really know if I want to actually host the game yet since like, I haven't made the models and stuff for the game yet, but I just want to make sure it will actually work and then I'll figure out how to insert the different maps etc.

This is what the main folder looks like.

This is what's in the client folder. (Also there's another media folder... I added the media folder in the main folder, but there seems to be another one here...)

Also yes I mainly use a Mac, but I did have to use a separate Windows computer for the Visual Studio stuff and building the solution. I also have a Windows partition but there wasn't enough space for Visual Studio and since it doesn't want to install on a removable disk, that's why I had to use another computer. (It's pretty much the household computer here where I'm staying at the moment.).
Back to top Go down
-INACTIVE-
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Male Posts : 447

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I followed the IT compile guide thing...   Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:19 am

You dont need to have media folder with files in media folder. You need to take files,ad1.dat,cd1.dat and cd2.dat from xorkey 0 folder into main folder.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Cloud, Daydream
Server : None
Female Posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I followed the IT compile guide thing...   Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:16 pm

Have you set up your client folder? Look in the two media folders. Whichever one has other folders in it (materials, trees, etc) take that whole media folder and drop it in build > client. Once you've done that, you can encrypt your cd1, cd2, and ad1 files and drop the encrypted ones in build > client too. Make sure nothing else abnormal is in your client - the unencrypted .dat files shouldn't be in there, the server and data files shouldn't be.
Back to top Go down
nyro1

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I followed the IT compile guide thing...   Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:16 pm

Okay so I did that, when I click on the game it says something like "The application won't run because MSC... .dll is missing from you computer".
Back to top Go down
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler

Game username : Witacha
Server : Land Of The Wolves(Owner)
Female Posts : 1203

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I followed the IT compile guide thing...   Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:20 pm

Back to top Go down
http://witacha-asukata.deviantart.com/
nyro1

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I followed the IT compile guide thing...   Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:31 pm

Alright I installed that, but when I click on game.exe I still get this error message:

"The program can't start because MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I wish I would stop running into problems whenever I try to do something Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I followed the IT compile guide thing...   

Back to top Go down

Okay so I followed the IT compile guide thing...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: