HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Guide/ How to host your Impressive Title server.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler

Game username : Witacha
Server : Land Of The Wolves(Owner)
Female Posts : 1191

PostSubject: Guide/ How to host your Impressive Title server.   Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey guys ! So first of all this Guide will teach you how to proceed with hosting so other people than you can connect and of course how to portforward your router.

Alright i'm starting with Windows Firewall, I'll copy and paste the same step as Nowe did, why? because my firewall is in french so it'll be confusing as hell for you.

Go to Start,  Control Panel, Windows firewall, Then hit Advanced settings and you should get this

Spoiler:

Open Inbound Rules.

Spoiler:

Now carefully Follow these pictures

Spoiler:

Make sure if your using a different port enter that. Hit next after you fill this out. Make sure “Allow the Connection”. Then Next. Make sure all 3 boxes on the next page are checked and hit next.

On the next page it will ask for a name and description you could name it IT1 this part doesnt matter at all really. After that, go back to Inbound rule and do the same thing as before until you get to the window like in the last picture.

Spoiler:

This time you will select UDP and continue doing the same exact steps as before.

After you do that hit inbound rules once more and get to the screen in the previous picture shown above

Spoiler:

But, this time your using the 40010 ports. Do the same exact thing as before make sure do a rule for TCP and UDP.

When your done it should look like this.

Spoiler:

Alright all good ! now let's get into your router, if you don't know how to access your router visit this website:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Of course my router is VERY different from yours, so you'll need to visit this website and compare to mine:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

To access to your router type "http://192.168.1.1/" into your browser.

Mine look like this:

Spoiler:

In your router you should have an "advanced settings"

Spoiler:

You will need to find an option that contain: (the section that has those informations in my router is NAT/PAT)

The name of the application / service
An internal port
An external port
A protocol
and a device.

Spoiler:

Okay now you will have to make a "new rule"

Spoiler:

Then follow these pictures and write the same things as I write and of course make sure the name of the service/application match the name of the firewall you choosed.

Spoiler:

In the end it should look similar to this:
Spoiler:

Note: As you can see there's a "Device" things. You will need to select your computer/laptop name and not the router IP or anything else !

Okay ! now the final steps !

Go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and create an account.
Then you should get to this page

Spoiler:

click on "Add a host"

Spoiler:

Choose whatever name you want and make sure to select DNS Host (A)
The Ip adress will automatically be added so don't touch anything.
Now that your done with it at the left click on "download client"

When your done downloading open it (if you need to search it write "DUC")
You will get this:

Spoiler:

then click on "Edit Hosts"
Spoiler:

Tick the box and click on "save".
If you have a red cross next to one of these three options you did something wrong.

Alright now open your solution.sln

#define MAIN_SERVER_IP "NAME.no-ip.org"    

Write the no-ip adress you created here then Build the Solution but not the game !
When it's done compiling go to your build folder and grab your "server" folder and put it into your desktop folder.

Then open loginserver and gameserver and make sure no-ip is open.
(No-ip must be ALWAYS open and login and game server too)

Use localip if you are hosting the game, only if you are hosting it if not don't need it.
If you've got any problem or if your confused with how your router works let me know !
___

For different routers:

How to Port Forward with a Netgeaer Router (N-150)
How to Port Forward With a Westell Router

Last edited by Witacha on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://witacha-asukata.deviantart.com/

AuthorMessage
Furrest

PostSubject: Re: Guide/ How to host your Impressive Title server.   Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:08 pm

Thank you for putting this out I really appreciate the time you took to make this! c:
Back to top Go down
http://mythical-realms.freeforums.net
Emu

Game username : Emu (Old: Emubird1)
Female Posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Guide/ How to host your Impressive Title server.   Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:56 pm

How do I open the solution.sln file? I don't know where it is, and I've been trying to enter #define MAIN_SERVER_IP "NAME.no-ip.org" in the command prompt.
Can anyone help? Please and thank you.
Back to top Go down
WolfOfTheWorld43

PostSubject: Re: Guide/ How to host your Impressive Title server.   Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:45 pm

This helped alot thanks! Very Happy Razz Razz
^,^
Back to top Go down
月光虎

Game username : 月光虎
Server : 偉大な狼 (Founder)
Male Posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Guide/ How to host your Impressive Title server.   Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:32 am

I am getting errors, I will provide an image (if needed), every time I try to build the solution it gives me some error (I do not know what, all I know it says "There is an error" plz help ;-;

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it
Back to top Go down
piigskin

Game username : Pigskiin
Server : Tales Of Luzaris {Design Team}

PostSubject: Re: Guide/ How to host your Impressive Title server.   Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:58 pm

Hello,I have a quick question-Will hosting a server take up space on the computer GB wise-and if so how much- atm I have 485 GB left on my computer and want to know how much space hosting a server will take?
Back to top Go down
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler

PostSubject: Re: Guide/ How to host your Impressive Title server.   Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:02 pm

Well the client+build would take only 1go approximately depend on what you added
but if it's only the server folder it's really light
Back to top Go down
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Guide/ How to host your Impressive Title server.   Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:23 pm

Sorry by asking, but it this way actually safe? I mean, they ways I have found the say that we have to be careful messing with something like that, or I do not know! This is a friendly way, and I am glad you made it! Smile So, there are some danger by doing this way?
Back to top Go down
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler

PostSubject: Re: Guide/ How to host your Impressive Title server.   Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:50 pm

Mecha wrote:
Sorry by asking, but it this way actually safe? I mean, they ways I have found the say that we have to be careful messing with something like that, or I do not know! This is a friendly way, and I am glad you made it! Smile So, there are some danger by doing this way?

It is completly safe ^^
Back to top Go down

Guide/ How to host your Impressive Title server.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: START HERE :: KITO's IT Source Code :: Guides & FAQs-
Jump to: