HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Small Rant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KovuST

Game username : Kovu/Spoopy
Server : Zolðis (Owner/Creator)
Male Posts : 54

PostSubject: Small Rant   Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:32 am

So my internet, as smart and wise as can be, will just "nope I'm just gonna turn off for five minutes and when I feel like coming on again I'll let you know" and it's SO annoying. And like right now ONLY SKYPE isn't working. It says I'm online, it says others are online, I can use KITO fine, but nooo I just can't load things on skype like UUUUGHH piece of fu""!!##@@ duck.

And it'll do it with my server too, as I'm not hosting and my INTERNET IS SOO BAD it'll be like EVEN THO YOU WERE IN THE GAME FIVE SECONDS AGO AND YOU LOGGED OUT I'LL MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO GET BACK IN "DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD and it's SOO annoying because then everyone is like where the duck did he go?

God I hate my little internet.
And then when we "run out of internet" as we have to buy it IT'S NO DIFFERENT LOL like WOW God DUCKING stupid I swear it's all IT's fault always IT it's just that IT corrupted my internet yup.

So on the other hand sorry for ranting but it just drives me so ducking insane it's so ducking annoying QUACK
and Skype's stilllllllllllllllllllllll not loaded yup.
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : Virus
Server : Miskai
Female Posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: Small Rant   Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:39 pm

Skype has always been the douchiest of programs for me, I can relate lmao
If it ain't freezing, then it's surely pending messages as it always is.
You'd probably have to force close it (task manager) and then reopen it for it to work. It's always bothersome though.
Back to top Go down
KovuST

Game username : Kovu/Spoopy
Server : Zolðis (Owner/Creator)
Male Posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Small Rant   Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:01 pm

No it's just the internet, sometimes it'll do it to IT and some shit and it's sooosososo annoying
Back to top Go down
Nefadozone

Game username : Nefadozone
Server : Fucko McShitpo
Male Posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Small Rant   Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:11 am

I have awful metered internet where I live out in the country, when I signed up.. it said I'd get 60 gigs. I read the fine print through and through.

What a glorious lie, and yet they deny to the proof in paper that they ever offered me 60 gigs! For 70 a month!

I get maybe 5 gigs PER pay period if I'm lucky. If I want more, I have to pay $19.95 per every 2 gigs. When it runs out, it becomes SLOWER than dialup (I didn't think that was possible?) and sometimes but rarely can be fooled into running fast by simply plugging my sattelite router directly into my chromebook for a bit and plugging it back into my router. Sure, it isn't 1 mb/s at this point but it's better than barely a few kb/s? But that's if trying to fool my ISP works. Guess what, it works every blue moon.

It's not just me using the internet, there's four others in this household that rely on it too. 5 GB to split between three computers and an Xbox? Guess how long that lasts, by the time you come up with a number we'll probably be out of internet and running on fumes.

Every single day AND night it goes out, for random intervals of time. If it rains, snows, or if there's a single cloud in the sky, it goes out. Hell, if a truck went by it'd probably go out. Or just walking by the garage. The only time the internet is unlimited is at ANYWHERE FROM 9:00 PM TO 11:00 PM, 11:00 PM TO 1:00 AM, 2:30 AM TO 4:30, 3:00 AM TO 5:00 AM, so if I want to download something big I've gotta roll my ass out of bed and hope to jesus that it'll download within the random time period set. And yes, what I mean by all those time periods is that it goes unmetered RANDOMLY. Not always for 2 hour periods of time either, maybe it'll stay unlimited for 1, 5, even 7 hours. Maybe. I have no way of really knowing if it's 'switching over' to 'highspeed/unlimited' unless I stay up the entire night with my eyes directly on the router to see when it turns off for a millisecond and turns back on. Though it could just be it going out. Again. And I end up downloading something big at the wrong time. And use up all of my monthly bandwidth.

And go grey. Maybe it's not male pattern baldness, maybe it's bad-frustrating-conversation ruining internet.

There are no ISPs other than this one in this area. They offer 'three different ones,' which are all the same damn company, Wildblue Exceed HughesNet and so forth. We used to live in a house that is right down the road from this one.

Down the road, you can get Verizon FiOS. Smile

3 minutes away from there, you can eat shit and die if you're on this backroad. The only way to get Verizon in the area would be if EVERYBODY on this road switched to it and paid for it. And kept the contract. Or they'd revoke it.

God damn, we're paying anywhere from 70-120 a month and getting nowhere fast.

Oh, and ViaSat based internet companies don't support game hosting/port forwarding no matter how fancy your router is/how much bandwidth you get. : ')
Back to top Go down
http://wildmidnight.boards.net/
Meadowstar

Game username : Meadowstar (or sometimes Meadowstar01)
Female Posts : 1167

PostSubject: Re: Small Rant   Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:49 pm

...Wow, SET! o_e
Sounds worse than what we have... We have HughesNet, and we can only really get on during "off hours", which is 2:00 AM-8:00 AM.
And then after that, "Oh, you're wasting too much bandwidth by getting on!". They promised us 55 GB, but that's certainly not what we got, or what they said we'd get. Most of the time when we can use our "Bonus Bytes", we're still asleep (I've been getting up an hour or two early lately).
There is AT&T in our area, but then the people in our town complain about it going down all the time. And whenever it's down, you can't use your phones or anything. You're stuck without electronic anything. ...LOL!

That's one thing about living out in the country, I guess. We're lucky we even had HughesNet come up in the first place. Razz
Back to top Go down
Shiru

PostSubject: Re: Small Rant   Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:41 pm

damn
Back to top Go down

Small Rant
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: