HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Rigging in the manes and tufts getting problematic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nefadozone

Game username : Nefadozone
Server : Fucko McShitpo
Male Posts : 176

PostSubject: Rigging in the manes and tufts getting problematic   Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:15 pm

Having some very frustrating issues with exported manes and tufts, their rigging is all wonky in-game. Have tried all of my previous solutions to fix this problem.

screenshots:

Reinstalling
Redownloading the script
Clearing loc/rot/scale, applying loc/rot/scale
Merging into an oIT mane and deleting the old vertexes in it
Re-weight painting the entire thing

Note: Uses Kanu's run skeleton (Body-Armature /and/ the mane armatures still create the same problem)

Note 2: I have also have tried to delete 'Group' from the vertex groups.

Pieces of them move oddly as if they were in another vertex group, bend flex and warp around. I don't have this problem with anything else.
Back to top Go down
http://wildmidnight.boards.net/
Wolfess

Game username : Wolfess
Server : CoA, GoD
Female Posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Rigging in the manes and tufts getting problematic   Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:33 pm

Well, this looks rather strange, seems like the Armature modifier is done wrong as well as the waight painting itself. It seems like the weighting to the head bone2 is too high at the top that's why it puls a part of the mesh to the neck and it seems broken.

Quote :
-Clearing loc/rot/scale, applying loc/rot/scale
- don't do that, it may cause problems while exporting the animations. The sceleton itself shpuld not be touched unles you want to change them not the mesh.
Quote :
- Merging into an oIT mane and deleting the old vertexes in it
- this way only works when vertex in new mesh = in quontity and positioning with old one, so if you edit something or even if you don't but Blender thinks you do it will not work or may work not properly.
Quote :
- Re-weight painting the entire thing
- the most proper way of all, BUT I recommend first to delete the armature modifier, then to apply it again and delete all the vertex groups, ALL of them, and only then paint it by hand. It is quite slow process but it is worth it. Be aware though of using only full waight numbers 0 and 1, use something less than 1 to make the wighting and the movement look smoother, aspesually in between the bones, I recommend to use weight grads instead.

Quote :
Pieces of them move oddly as if they were in another vertex group, bend flex and warp around. I don't have this problem with anything else.
Also I have have experience when the skeletons (though logically the same) differed from one blender file to another, IDK why though, perhaps some inner blender kind of thoughts, but when I reexported the skeletons for this particular file that glitched it started to work properly, though It is not the best of solvations I think, but you may try.

Hope that helps...something...
Back to top Go down

Rigging in the manes and tufts getting problematic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: