HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

The Future of Artist's Copyright Could Be At Risk! (Includes Indie games)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ЩΛЯ

Game username : ThisIsWar
Server : Eclipse
Female Posts : 373

PostSubject: The Future of Artist's Copyright Could Be At Risk! (Includes Indie games)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:41 pm

DA Link: http://theartfrog.deviantart.com/journal/The-Future-of-Artist-s-Copyright-Could-Be-At-Risk-547218744

Youtube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDoztLDF73I

Guys, you do realise indie games (that includes IT servers) and art wont be copyrighted anymore if this "Orphan Works" bill passes. I've been told that you'd have to pay for something to be copyrighted. I'm not sure if this has been shared on KITO yet, but just in-case I'm sharing this. It would be legal for people to steal your work if you don't pay for Copyright. You wont be able to sue them if you don't. We have 3 days to share this (That's what I've been told.)

You can help by clicking the links in the description of this Youtube video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDoztLDF73I

-War

(I'm doing all I can to help my fellow amazing artists/modellers/game makers.)
Back to top Go down
Icea

Game username : Icea
Server : Blazing Wolves (Co-Owner), Tales of Luzaris (Moderator) Canis Lupus (Mapmaker)
Female Posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Artist's Copyright Could Be At Risk! (Includes Indie games)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:57 pm

Alright, i got two words for this "we're thinking of no longer copyrighting your art lol"

BULL. CRAP!

These people don't even realize that people work their BUTTS off making indie games, books, etc. and they want to stop copyrighting them? THAT'S STUPID!

I hope this doesn't happen, because i'm not paying like, what? five billion dollars? for copyright! Plus, i need to save up for visual studio to even make my server!

Like, some of the indie games for the x-box were made completely by one person, and to get their hard work stolen and the thieves get to get away with it? JUST. FLIPPING. NO!

Not to mention that if someone stole my art, i would be TICKED off, worse, if someone stole my server, i would be really ticked off.

this was my opinion on this "law"

~Icea~
Back to top Go down
Revaen
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Male Posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Artist's Copyright Could Be At Risk! (Includes Indie games)   Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:06 am

Back to top Go down
ЩΛЯ

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Artist's Copyright Could Be At Risk! (Includes Indie games)   Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:27 am

If the bill passes would it apply to me? I'm from the UK. Honestly we have no idea if this bill is true or not. I'm still doing something to help, because it might be real.
Back to top Go down
Slain Motionless

Game username : The-Hunted
Server : Aroessa
Female Posts : 431

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Artist's Copyright Could Be At Risk! (Includes Indie games)   Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:20 am

In the video on dA it says most countries will probably follow the bill. I hardly believe they would dump artists like this. Check out the link commented by Rev.
Back to top Go down
http://aroessa.proboards.com
Icea

Game username : Icea
Server : Blazing Wolves (Co-Owner), Tales of Luzaris (Moderator) Canis Lupus (Mapmaker)
Female Posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Artist's Copyright Could Be At Risk! (Includes Indie games)   Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:51 am

Yea, i'll have to believe that all of this no copyright for art stuff is bullcrap., as Slain said, they would never dump artists like this.
Back to top Go down
ЩΛЯ

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Artist's Copyright Could Be At Risk! (Includes Indie games)   Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:16 am

Okay Slain is right, haven't heard anything about the bill atm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Artist's Copyright Could Be At Risk! (Includes Indie games)   

Back to top Go down

The Future of Artist's Copyright Could Be At Risk! (Includes Indie games)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: