HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Your main reason for playing an IT server

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Main reason for playing a server?
Many many items to collect
19%
 19% [ 18 ]
character creation has a lot of body part options
24%
 24% [ 22 ]
The staff is super friendly and helpful
20%
 20% [ 19 ]
Maps are gorgeous
19%
 19% [ 18 ]
Awesome story and lore to RP
17%
 17% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 93

AuthorMessage
Slycan

Game username : Sly
Server : KITO
Female Posts : 1198

PostSubject: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:37 am

Like a Star @ heaven  If you have another reason feel free to post it

Last edited by Slycan on Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:04 am

I played because I love TLK- and although I never really roleplayed or made TLK characters, I had a lot of fun on oIT and later IW.

Now, however, I'm still here because I want to support the mostly friendly community and have a shot at trying to run a little version with me and my team. Plus, IT's one of the games that I do know how to do a fair lot on and, perhaps one day, might help with making mods and stuff for other games.
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : Virus
Server : Miskai
Female Posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:25 am

10% lore, 5% fancy effects, 85% community.
If a server has amazing items, maps, and models galore but also has a toxic and nasty community, I would not subject myself to the annoyance of a bad community just for fancy, sparkly effects.
Vice-versa, if a server doesn't have much to it but has a happy, friendly community (and not the creepy forced kind of happy), then I'll definitely jump in.
Back to top Go down
Draak
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Draak
Female Posts : 681

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:31 am

Currently I'm not part of any IT server/play on any BUT mostly for me it was/is a bunch of things; for fun, playing with character creator, hanging with friends. Also it got me into retexturing too.

Also one of the things that's put me off joining servers is the game's download size. Australia has stone age internet compared to the US, so downloads/update downloads are usually slow and painful. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people should cut the content of their servers.)
Back to top Go down
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler

Game username : Witacha
Server : Land Of The Wolves(Owner)
Female Posts : 1203

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:58 pm

To be honest, I played so many IT servers.
But what always keeped my interest is the new content such as maps,items,prey,body part etc.
The amount of the community and of course the staff, I'm not into simple server with common items,maps,preys it's boring. I played too much servers with the same things/contents and i'm kind of tired of it. So most of the time I am searching for new contents so I can discover them in-game and have a lot of fun.

And as for the friends..well i know too much people in this community so I don't have to meet new friends, when I log in-game there's always someone I know xD
Back to top Go down
http://witacha-asukata.deviantart.com/
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:08 pm

Roleplaying, community roleplaying is fun for me and it helps when the community is nice. I do at times get ideas from other servers
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Cloud, Daydream
Server : None
Female Posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:33 pm

I play IT because I like the ability to hunt and collect items, unlike FH. The communities are fairly friendly, though I do usually keep to myself. I like how the staff are interactive, I don't think I've ever seen a single FH staff member in-game before. I just like these homemade games better, and that's what hooked me in.
Back to top Go down
Nefadozone

Game username : Nefadozone
Server : Fucko McShitpo
Male Posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:25 pm

Nowadays I play to see what fancy new things people have made, and if there isn't anything new I usually have a tendency to run far far away. I feel awkward and not like a player anymore whenever I join a server so I'm not entirely sure what makes me try out some games. I guess if I hear about it or if it has a good reputation I'm bound to check it out at least once or twice!
Back to top Go down
http://wildmidnight.boards.net/
Meadowstar

Game username : Meadowstar (or sometimes Meadowstar01)
Female Posts : 1167

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:11 pm

I can't play Impressive Title servers anymore since my computer broke.

However, I first joined because I had heard of Impressive World (and you gotta admit- after playing only FeralHeart and not hearing of any game like that, it sounded really cool) from someone on Wolfhome about... Dang, it's already been three years ago. I heard of other servers and KITO through IW, and I basically stuck around ever since. Razz

Shortly before my computer broke, I played some of the IT servers because it was something to do. I didn't socialize much- I just wandered around the maps by myself, making up storylines as I went. I gotta admit that it was fun, but let's face it- It's time for me to move on anyway. I just kinda stay here to see how things are going with Impressive Title.
Back to top Go down
Five

Game username : Five
Server : Miskai (Co-Owner)
Female Posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:19 pm

I played the original Impressive Title - so I like being able to play it once more, but with all the cool spins people put into their servers. I miss roleplaying on Impressive Title, but a lot of people seem to use it nowadays as just a hangout or to see how many items they can collect. What makes me stay on a certain server is if the community is friendly, as well as the staff - and if they have a lot to explore or do. Though recently I've been trying to focus on only my server - I haven't played many others in a while, but every now and then I like to hop on and adventure. cx
Back to top Go down
http://miskai.boards.net/
Kiero

Game username : -----
Server : Night Star
Female Posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Wed May 13, 2015 2:28 pm

90% community
10% other
I can't say anything other
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Thu May 14, 2015 9:45 am

Quote :

Also one of the things that's put me off joining servers is the game's download size. Australia has stone age internet compared to the US, so downloads/update downloads are usually slow and painful. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people should cut the content of their servers.)
Dragon's Den Download is actually on an American Server. There are 3 download links. All are American Servers.
The complete game is approx 1.3GB in size. There are 1.5GB of additional Player Presets.
Internet in Australia is not slow, however I am in a Rural Area so I am stuck with ADSL Plus currently.
The problem with Australian Internet is cost. I spend $110 per month for bandwidth for DD.

In response to my main reason for playing IT servers.

I actually rarely play any games I just enjoy the challenge of getting my imagination into the game and seeing the work of others and their ideas. IT is a great way to do this and the support of KITO and the IT community has made it a fun experience.

Lazyzim
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Thu May 14, 2015 4:09 pm

The other issue is not how long it takes, but how large the files are.
It's more the people who literally can't afford to use their severely limited data on a game that is 1.5GB or more- in DDs case, nearly 4GB.

Example are people like me where 4gb is almost half my entire monthly data that is meant to be shared between multiple people connected via wireless- and we're paying the same amount you are for bandwidth for DD. I mean it's fine for people who have 100s of GB or TB of data, which is majority of the online users people care about now but still.

IT games are getting huge, I mean they're not anything insane like what Far Cry or Skyrim for instance, but for the small game that it is, IT games are getting much larger. Like Draak said though, not to say discontinue adding great stuff because the stuff people are making and adding are wicked cool. Just means peeps like me gotta wait Smile

Also, compared to everywhere else in the world, Australia's internet is slow.
Back to top Go down
Draak
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Fri May 15, 2015 2:04 am

Shado basically summed up what I wanted to say, but yeah that's spot on.

When I was in the US, I was blown away with how fast my friends internets were. To give people a minor idea of how slow things can get, I tried to watch a movie online once, it took me 4 hours because I had to keep stopping to let it load.

And also for example, I generally have to leave my computer on overnight if I have to download something 1GB+ it's that slow. Yeah it gets downloaded eventually, but it's annoying if you want to play something straight away.
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Fri May 15, 2015 3:54 am

WOW Draak where exactly are you?
I can watch a streaming movie (My TV has a wireless connection to my internet) without impacting players on the server.
I live is a small rural community with copper lines, much of it aerial cable with ADSL only. I am connected back to the local rural exchange but my internet node is over 300km away in Sydney. My laptops WiFi tells me there are 6 private networks withing range as I type this, so I am not exactly isolated. I can download the complete DD game in about 40 minutes, however it takes me 8 hours to upload the game to the download server. That is a pain. Yet some players have reported they can get the game downloaded within 10 minutes. Yes some Americans have awesome internet. I could also have that if I moved back to a city. What I need is access to an update server where players do not realize how big the game they are downloading is. But then each release of DD has been a major rebuild. DD7 is almost finished and over half the game is all new meshes so just an update would still replace most of the game.
Cheers from Kangaroo Land
~Lazyzim~

Edit by me.

Yours is better then mine.

Last edited by lazyzim on Fri May 15, 2015 6:17 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Draak
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Fri May 15, 2015 5:06 am

LOL yeaaaah, I'm in South Aus. I'm not 100% sure what we have internet wise, dad takes care of that. But we're running some broadband thing from Telstra.

I tried to do the speed test, but funnily enough it wouldn't load (ironic?).
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Fri May 15, 2015 8:39 am

pingtest.net wouldn't load for me :/ (kept failing) so I went to speedtest.net run by the same guys. Also, this is my results at it's best when I'm the only one using the internet. When all 5 family members are online, it drops to less than half that if I'm lucky. I mean on some days it's better... but not often.

I can't find where it rates my internet but the last time I had it rated, it rated it Rank D-.

Lazy I'm assuming you live in a townsite, not outside the town, if you are getting ADSL. I live outside a townsite and can only connect via Wireless or Satellite (and the latter is a joke of an option).

But that is exactly what I was talking about. Upload and Download speeds mean they take forever, let alone data caps. The last time I downloaded a 35gb game it took roughly 30-ish hours (Shadow of Mordor) across 4 days and the only reason I was able to do this was because Telstra uncapped my data for that month.

To be honest, if you're going to add an autopatcher make bloody sure there's an option to cancel the download or at the very least warn the player how much they're downloading. Because games, like DD, that update with huge files go on the "k time to wait 6 months before playing again" for people like me and Draak where we can't afford to update/download because either we literally don't have the bandwidth or it means no internet until it's done downloading 6 hours later.

Of course, it doesn't really affect anything because every dev team ever updates regularly with huge files anyway so.... yeah- it was just a matter of discussion so we've kinda just learnt to deal with it and either AFK for several hours while it downloads (for those who have the data) or leave it for months until we can afford to download it (for those who don't), aye Draak?
Back to top Go down
Draak
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Fri May 15, 2015 11:08 am

Managed to get the speed test:

I had a similar experience with downloading I think...Skyrim?, it wasn't as big as Shadow of Mordor, but it did take me a few nights, and I had to make sure it was close to the day when our internet clocked over and our bandwidth was reset.

Luckily just recently we had our bandwidth raised to 100GB because we'd been with Telstra for a bit. Which is nice but, it's still not so nice if the internet is stone age and slow.
I remember years ago our bandwidth was only 10GB and that sucked, since it's shared with the whole family 8I

Quote :
we've kinda just learnt to deal with it and either AFK for several hours while it downloads (for those who have the data) or leave it for months until we can afford to download it (for those who don't), aye Draak?
Yeeeep

Australia's supposed to be getting some fancier internet in the future, the government mentions it every now and then. Some "National Broadband Network" or something. But who knows when that'd be actually done.
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Fri May 15, 2015 4:28 pm

Yeah, ours is 10GB at the moment and we've been with Telstra since 09.

The NBN (National Broadband Network) is due to be released in my town by the end of June / early July but it's already been confirmed there's a 95% chance I, and many others outside of town, will be forced onto satellite because they quite literally "did not cater nor care for anyone outside the town".

Wow, look at how quickly we derailed this thread 8D let's put it back on it's tracks.

- Forgot to mention one of the other reasons I'm still in the community is a lot of friends are still here.
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Mon May 18, 2015 9:30 am

Yes best we get back on topic or we will let slip on what we used to ride to school.
I had an Eastern Grey. Obey had a Wallaby but it was killed by a Drop Bear.
This would be one of the main reasons I love IT, I get to confuse the shit out of Americans.
Lazyzim
Back to top Go down
Icea

Game username : Icea
Server : Blazing Wolves (Co-Owner), Tales of Luzaris (Moderator) Canis Lupus (Mapmaker)
Female Posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Mon May 18, 2015 4:14 pm

Well, it was the time when i was prowling youtube back in September or October. i came across my friend, AutumnLeafDust's youtube channel. i watched her wolf soul videos and i was like "i'm playing that game" and two weeks later im sitting on my bed waiting to get access to my computer the next week, i signed up on the wolf soul forums, but my email wasn't letting me log in, it took until December 23rd to get it fixed! on December 23rd, i started playing Wolf Soul. later the next year me and AutumnLeafDust became good friends.
Back to top Go down
Revaen
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Male Posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:00 am

"Many many items to collect"/"character creator has a lot of body parts options"
If I am honest, this can be one of the reasons to keep me keen in a server.
I love my characters, and customize them is one of the reasons to feel comfortable with my "identity" in-game, since I am represented as a character.

While more items and body parts similar to my OC's characteristics, more happy I am.
Not to mention all those servers with unique customizable playable content, they creativity goes more far of what we can except!

I am also a curious person, if the game has lot of unknown things and content that I need explore or haven't seen, more excited I feel to keep playing a game.
When I met IW after have played FH, I was so excited by all the new content it had and that 'atmosphere' of friendly community that had in comparison with FH.However, it could not defeat the intense oIT was for a lot.

"The staff is super friendly and helpful"
The Staff always says a lot about their project.Mainly, the quality the services offer.
Staff reported of thief? You're surely playing a game with content that have been seen in other servers.
Nasty, offensive, and 'good-for-nothing' staff? The owner that runs the server and haven't done anthing regarding it is possible same and even worse not only for their team, but as well for their game.

A friendly, positive, sweet, warm-feeling and helpful Staff is a 1+ point for your server from me if you've achieved such amazing responsibility and maturity to choose your "controllers" of the community and rule-makers.

What else is cool? There are many IT servers so, if you don't like one's Staff, go and learn about other server's ones! Yes!
"Maps are gorgeous"
What better to compliment to your characters than a good place that defines both feelings and ambient.
I don't mind if you have few maps, as long as they're well elaborated and work properly to give their players a good experience.

"Awesome story and lore to RP"
Like someone else mentioned previously, the users of the actual servers prefer content over community, which includes RPing and story experience as well.

I believe that the reason for the oIT users to have better RPing stats was that:
1.Most of the players were TLK fans and they meet oIT because other TLK fan who made a 3D game!
What's better than a RPing forum? Yes, of course a 3D game that makes characters in TLK style along with a chat to express yourself!
2.It was the unique server=no similar games> want play something like this even if you dislike his ridiculous item drop rate? No option, do it.
I could say people preferred RPing over waste their time trying obtain interesting items according to the oIT drop and spawn rates, so, that really won't motivate them to collect stuff, plus they had no different options like today(lot of amazing servers).

However, RPing is also amazing because it makes you get in your character's shoes and see the "worlds" and other situations different.

OFF
My main reason to play IT servers, though, is because this game in comparison with other animal games offers a balanced gaming experience(without new features, the source alone).You don't feel overloaded to do missions to progress or obtain certain stuff and items to then trade them for an item only obtained by x npc(like some games) because you're free to create your own experience, story and progress without restrictions or responsibilities.
That's the good of IT, it offers you lot of options: Beautiful customizable characters, lovely maps, interact with the community and of course, make your own experience, again.

I am also here because I always try offer support to the communities by the simply fact I don't want see such amazing game fall down.

I deserve give a lot of thanks to many of those users who made tutorials from the OGRE and C++ coding and how to run a game with a kind attitude, as, support me in my questions really motivated.

Is now my turn to follow their legacy and share my full knowledge to give the treatment they gave me. Smile

Thank you so much you all.
P.S I am sorry if this is considered necro-threading? I really wanted to give my opinion in a open discussion along with a poll that seems pretty interesting.
Again, sorry if this is an issue.
Back to top Go down
Skyia

Game username : Skyia
Server : Royal Elements
Female Posts : 144

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:48 pm

Friend cx
Back to top Go down
No Longer Active
Watched

Female Posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:47 am

I'm very shy in real life, so I can express myself when I'm online. Very Happy
I also love seeing life from another species' point of view. It's interesting.
Back to top Go down
N e b u l a

Game username : Jaelynn
Server : Royal Elements
Female Posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:55 am

I've played so many IT servers and I have experienced 85% of the community was very gentle and helpful. The staff was also completely kind as well. I still see tons of IT server citizens helping others and doing respectful things, as well as the KITO community and staff! ^^

Agreed with ShadowCat. I am a very shy and anti-social person in real life. When I can finally express my feelings and real personality through the computer/internet, it lit me up.

Another reason I also played was because when I was first introduced to Impressive World, the items, maps, prey, and models astonished me. I always created my own characters that fit towards my personality, and I made plenty of IW and SoE friends. Man it was a while ago, but I am still loving the new ideas and creations new and growing servers come up with today. c:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your main reason for playing an IT server    

Back to top Go down

Your main reason for playing an IT server
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Server-Related-
Jump to: