HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

UR in need of Designers.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Infrequent

Server : Untamed Rebellion (In Progress)
Male Posts : 8

PostSubject: UR in need of Designers.   Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:04 pm

U  N T A M E D   R E B E L L I O N

Hello!

Our artificial game has just started, And we are in need of Designers!
Much we have not done yet, We are in the middle of testing and file adding.

Our story, And a bit of the idea of the game is written in the forum.
http://untamedrebellion.boards.net/
(Send me a PM if you want my skype, Either in here, Or in our forum.)

We are looking for people who can do:

Maps
Presets
Markings
Drawings/Art
Re-Texturing

Note this: We do not currently apply for designers to larger work, For example, To make own preys and items.
But if that day comes, We are considering to pay for it, If needed.

First I would like to receive the designers,
And then I would be willing to open up the rest of the applications.

Open spots: 1
We will assign for you a pet what you want
Credit given / Your own paw prints in the game
Part of our great team!

More information about the progress and what we have planed can get by asking.

I will update this if necessary.

~ Lord Tyree / Infrequent

Last edited by Infrequent on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: UR in need of Designers.   Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:30 pm

Some more information about your server would be nice.
Back to top Go down
-INACTIVE-
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Male Posts : 447

PostSubject: Re: UR in need of Designers.   Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:26 am

As Shad say,we need more information. And,you just give credit to your DT members,or you will give them something special in-game? Just like private items or in-game rank?

Last edited by Prince Blackheart on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: UR in need of Designers.   Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:44 am

@Plush_Prince: I miss the days when it was a privilege to work on a server rather than you being a privilege to the server. Private items was a proud reward for hard work, simply being accepted on a team was an impressive achievement. Now, however, it's quite different- as you've just given example of. Expectations of major, often undeserved, rewards or simply slipping away to a different server that has a better offer.

To make this post relevant again, another thing I noticed is that you have no website/forum for information on your game, only a proposed skype group. And what exactly do you mean by your game has 'just started'? Do you mean development has started? Do you mean the game is online? Do you mean you're still just planning it?

You're a new member to KITO and people in the community would much, much rather know in a very detailed explanation of what they're getting themselves into before they apply. We don't even know who you are, let alone your game.
Back to top Go down
-INACTIVE-
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Male Posts : 447

PostSubject: Re: UR in need of Designers.   Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:10 am

@ShadoWolfozo: Your words are strong. You have my respecr. Yes,I'm "new" member here, I still don't know a lot of things. But,I want try make my own server. I know,every new start is hard,but if you want,you can do everything. Maybe it's sound stupid,maybe not. Thank you for your words,Shad.
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: UR in need of Designers.   Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:50 am

I was actually referring to Infrequent in that later part of my comment, by the fact he's only made 2 posts and joined two days ago. But you're welcome?

We're taking this thread off-topic, continue via PM if you need to.
Back to top Go down
Infrequent

PostSubject: Re: UR in need of Designers.   Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:29 pm

*Updated*
Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 985

PostSubject: Re: UR in need of Designers.   Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:38 pm

Shad there development just started. Im helping the owner by telling her how to add things. I was going to host however she was kind of pushy about it (not really rude, she wanted stuff done everyday, whitch is fine, i just wasn't up for it) so i quit. But still offered to help. I was offered an admin position off the bat for hosting whitch i dont like. Well she asked what she should list me as, and she mentioned admin, don't know if it was an offer or not, i think she was just giving examples.
Back to top Go down
Infrequent

PostSubject: Re: UR in need of Designers.   Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:56 pm

lol! My way is to talk seriously if it's about working, Or something else important.
Well, Some people may confuse the offensive and a serious attitude towards each other. Rolling Eyes
And yes, As Glacia mentioned I want daily work, But if you do have something important to do,
Or going somewhere, You should tell. Whelp, Back to the topic.
Back to top Go down
Tattoo

Game username : Tattoo
Female Posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: UR in need of Designers.   Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:13 pm

Wasn't a server named Untamed Rebellion made a while ago but was taken down due to the owner not treating the staff right?

Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

PostSubject: Re: UR in need of Designers.   Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:38 pm

hmm...
Back to top Go down
Infrequent

PostSubject: Re: UR in need of Designers.   Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:25 pm

It was nearly two years ago. Our group had big difficulties to get along, So yes. But I wont blame only  1 person of what happened, There were many disputes between people, And some worked drunk, Etc. It was not the best time to make a game, But now is now, And then was then.
Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

PostSubject: Re: UR in need of Designers.   Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:57 pm

Can i just point out that even if the owner of UR was not treating staff right back then (not saying that what has happened) 1,, that was 2 years ago and 2, people can change, the owner may have learned from the experience and is probably gonna choose better staff now.
Back to top Go down
Tattoo

PostSubject: Re: UR in need of Designers.   Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:40 pm

Hey hey ya don't have to get defensive. It was just a question.
But yea the main reason was because the owner just made close friends staff. Okay back on topic.
Back to top Go down
Slycan

Game username : Sly
Server : KITO
Female Posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: UR in need of Designers.   Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:07 pm

I agree with Shadow, there's just been too many servers that "hire" people and are under developed or just treat them like shit after making content for them. Worse of all most of IT/FH content makers are doing it for free, and all for what? To be at the so call "server owners" very whim and whistle? "Make this for me, make that for me, we need more items, we need more prey, we need more maps, we need you to work faster, how long will it take, can you have it done by this holiday, fix that animation for this, more colors for that, more caves and trees, more more MORE MORE MORE" .. and all you offer is a freaking "Design Team" Spot in a freaking forum?! Half these so called server owners don't even offer you a moderation spot in game, WHEN YOU ARE THE ONE BUILDING THE DAMN GAME FOR THEM. THROW THEM A DIME FOR THEIR TIME. I'm so god damn TIRED of seeing this, and people wonder why it's hard to find staff, you offer NOTHING in return.
Back to top Go down
Infrequent

PostSubject: Re: UR in need of Designers.   Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:03 pm

@Slycan

There is no need for shouting.
We are looking for the Designers first, And after that Moderators and such. Smile
As we are still building the game, There is no need for moderators,etc, Yet.
All in their own time.
As in the topic also reads, If necessary, We are able to pay for certain things.

@Tattoo

In our old game half of the staff were lets say "Random" people,
But they all were from the game SOE.
Usually the people there are at least knew each other by name.
There were so many people who wanted to work for UR, We found the entire staff from there.
So, That's not true what you say.

It's weird how people seems to know others things better,
In consultation with something like two years old rumors. I do not understand. Rolling Eyes

You learn by learning, And life is lived forward. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tattoo

PostSubject: Re: UR in need of Designers.   Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:20 pm

What Slycan and the others are trying to say is basically that so many people come here and are posting threads regarding their server and their ideas.
Which is basically just that, ideas.
They are saying that too many owners are coming here to get 'help' when really they just want people that they can tell what to do cause, hey, they're the owners.
In my opinion owners should do a majority of the work. But that may be just me.

I've actually had it occur where a good friend of mine was being taken advantage of because she was a good hoster and the owner had no idea what to do except bark orders and that's not what Shad, Slycan or anyone wants here.

And as for me not knowing what I'm talking about regarding the past UR, I do because I WAS staff there so I was involved in everything. Smile
Back to top Go down
Infrequent

PostSubject: Re: UR in need of Designers.   Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:26 pm

I get that here may be a lot of people like that.
But we are building a game, We don't just have an "idea."

"They are saying that too many owners are coming here to get 'help' when really they just want people that they can tell what to do cause, hey, they're the owners."
^
Okay, I find this odd, If someone comes here because of it, That gets to please himself by shouting to others. I would find it easier by seeking it elsewhere, But it's not me.

I come here to get certain needs, I will offer work, Ask questions if I need help with something.

You can have your own opinion on things, But it went as I said.
You do not have knowledge of all the things which went as went.
Sure, you can know something.

But you should not come here to blame one person.
You can keep it to yourself what you think personally.

"In my opinion owners should do a majority of the work. But that may be just me."
I do completely agree with this. And that is how it goes right now.

But sometimes learning things take time.
And growing as a person, How other people should be treated.

But if this was all, We could stop talking about this. ^^
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: UR in need of Designers.   Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:33 am

I find it odd that after our entire PM conversation and the conversation on this thread that you are still missing the point.

We are trying to help you and you don't seem to understand this. You seem to have a truckload of reasons and excuses to spew out whenever we give you a suggestion, idea for improvement or just outright tell you what you're doing wrong. 

Yes, people come here to acquire help from experienced members, they come here to ask for assistance.

What they don't come here for and what we don't appreciate is when people come here, with little to no knowledge of anything to do with how to run a game, how to manage a team, how to even ask for assistance without this happening or even be able to make anything in the game by themselves at all, and expect everyone to jump to their side to provide free stuff for you.

You're offering small rewards for major work. Map making, texturing- these are not lesser jobs just because there are more people who can do them. They are equal to bigger jobs such as prey and item making/rigging. They still take loads of time away from the people working on such projects. 

Why do you think you are looking for people in the first place?

Because you can't do that. And why can't you do that? Because it's hard, time consuming and requires a ridiculous amount of patience, persistence and practice.

Things don't just fall onto your lap when you expect them to and demand help and you are never going to get anywhere if you keep brushing off our assistance and guidance on how to make an awesome server just because you think that we think of ourselves better than you.

So why are we still discussing it? Because you're neither willing to learn nor take our help seriously and so nothing is being improved.
Back to top Go down

UR in need of Designers.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Help Wanted-
Jump to: