HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Ran out of memory OGRE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hyper
Admin

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 470

PostSubject: Ran out of memory OGRE   Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:26 pm

Azoptaos released V1.2 last night, and I come on this morning to find we've been having a ridiculous number of crashes with this OGRE error:

15:13:52: OGRE EXCEPTION(3:RenderingAPIException): Error creating texture: Ran out of memory in D3D9Texture::_createNormTex at C:\kito\git\sources\dependencies\ogre_src_v1-7-4\RenderSystems\Direct3D9\src\OgreD3D9Texture.cpp (line 1061)

I've never seen this error in my life. We are running Redeye's encryption but we had been running it V1.1 too without issue.

I'll be collecting ogrelogs from users to pinpoint the issue, but has anyone else had this problem/know how to fix it?

EDIT: pinpointed the cause to a member's preset. Keeping this here for another day in case it happens again with another cause.

A preset was a problem, but it's still happening regardless. I've been checking logs but there doesn't seem to be one main cause.

lazyzim

™

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 729

PostSubject: Re: Ran out of memory OGRE   Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:59 am

Yes Presets. We always downsize presets to 512 X 512. Some players send in a set of 6MB graphics files and players with small video cards have troubles. Also the game has to resize the texture anyway and it is the major cause of player lag. Much worse then excessive animations. Also make sure all graphics are either png or jpg. Watch out for tga files and dds files or worse multi-layer psd's. Ogre will display them but the lag can be a horror.

~LazyZim~
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 470

PostSubject: Re: Ran out of memory OGRE   Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:13 am

Thank you Lazy. The one preset causing an issue's files were 3000px haha. I'll look through them and fix all the oversized textures.

Ran out of memory OGRE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: