HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Model Modifying Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Model Modifying Issues   Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:00 am

Hey all, I wanted to pose a question to you on "Model Modification" in Impressive Title.
First, let me explain what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. I am taking the original Blender Files for all of the Impressive Title Objects and modifying them slightly, for example, the legs....attaching them to the body, because for as long as I can remember, ever since I discovered that the models were indeed not in once piece, had an urge to put them all back together.
Now....and...I'm only beginning in Blender and have a very small knowledge of coding, (HTML and CSS), I don't know what I could be doing wrong here. After modifying only the model and not deleting the skeleton/armatures, etc, I then export the mesh and convert it with the XML Converter and attempt to place the new mesh back into a IT Server, replacing the old file with the new. Technically...I think it should have worked, but upon entering into Preset Tester and going to into say...Ocean, where the Manta Rays spawn, I get an insta-crash. I put the old file back in, and it works fine.

What I wish to know is....what is causing the crash, and is there anything I can do to fix it and see what the new model looks like in-game?

Thanks! ~Unio-Mentium
Back to top Go down
Kattington
®
®

Game username : Kattington
Server : Azoptaos (Co-owner)
Female Posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:04 pm

If you're still crashing when you load the new models, could you post your ogre.log please?
Back to top Go down
https://azoptaos.boards.net/

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:16 pm

Assuming I got the right one, I looked near the bottom of the file and it said the following.

OgreLog:

Which is odd because...it DOES have a .skeleton file, and it IS in there. Maybe it has to do with the way I exported the file from Blender.
Back to top Go down
Kattington
®
®

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:36 pm

Is the skeleton called mantaray.skeleton? Kind of a stupid question, yes, but that's what would cause it to throw an error (the skeleton not being named that)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:00 am

Good suggestion, and I indeed did think of that. Yes, the files were named properly, and then I tried something else, I copied the file and named it mantaray-Armature.skeleton, like the others, and then....it worked....but not quite. What I saw next totally gave me the creeps.

After that, I tried one more thing, and that didn't work either, there was no animation that time. So....any ideas? I never really changed ANYTHING about the mesh, accept to shrink back the part of the tail that was inside the body of the mesh and merged it with the edges of the back. Why it did the above...I have no idea. I may have to learn how to animate and then add a new animation to it.
Back to top Go down
Kattington
®
®

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:05 am

Hmm...That is strange, considering all you edited was where the tail meets the body. Normally when I get a deformed model like you posted, it's because the armature and the model were not the same size in Blender, which causes some weird issues. Could you post the mesh .xml file, please? Maybe that'll give some insight as to what's going wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:12 am

Only the XML File? Hopefully we can figure out what's going on here. *Tosses it to you* I'll give you both the animation file and the mesh. Let me know if you can access both of these files.

mediafire.com folder/w1pqf1ruotrgy/XML_Files
Back to top Go down
Kattington
®
®

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:16 pm

I see the problem o: It's an issue I had at first too, when I first learned how to export models. Your armature is missing animations because the newer Blender .mesh exporter is dumb, haha. If you still have the old manta skeleton, try replacing the new one with that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:02 pm

After a bit of testing, troubleshooting and getting wise counsel, I discovered that replacing the .skeleton file doesn't fix it.
Possible cause, as I heard, might be....what is called Vertex Weight Paints or something along those lines. It would....inevitably require me to...edit things.
Back to top Go down
Revaen
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Male Posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:46 pm

Can you post some screen shots of your model in blender and a log of the mesh exporting from blender? (:

That will basically let us know what you did and what you modified that makes it bugs like that.
(weight paint, object mode edits, whatever may affect it).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:36 pm

Here are a couple pictures of the model in Blender.

Blender Models:

By the way, I wanted to show the Export Options here in case those mattered as well.

Export Options:

I hope those images are helpful. One of my hunches is that you would need to export it in a certain way so that the armature is in a certain position to the mesh, but, tis' just a hunch. I know nothing yet of armatures or animation.

And here is the Python Console...assuming this is how you obtain it.

Console:

I also think there is a way to have Blender find the OgreXMLConverter, but of that, I don't know how.
I can learn to do animation and such if need be as well, I would just need some pointers.

By the way...Kattington, would you happen to have a Skype?

Edit: - I can also do a join.me if that's easier in order to show you my Blender.
Back to top Go down
Kattington
®
®

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:03 am

I do not have Skype, unfortunately :c I thiiink I may know how to fix your problem, but it's rather hard to explain, especially to someone who is new to blender. I could possibly do a join.me to walk you through the process but JM lags 7+ minutes behind on my computer (which is a big pain). I could attempt to use Livestream, if you like?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:04 pm

Hmmm, if I had a livestream I would. I'll see if I can find a free livestreaming service, but other than that, just point me in a direction and I'll go do some research ^^

EDIT - Found a livestreaming service and I will try it out if your willing when I get to the library ^^
Back to top Go down
Kattington
®
®

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:33 pm

Alright, that works. I get notifications on my phone when this thread updates, so just post whenever you're ready.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:22 pm

K, at the Library and ready to Livestream! I sure hope this works for the both of us, and I've never done a livestream before, so if I'm a tad slow, forgive me ^^"

I think this link should do it. IF this works out...I might keep it. I didn't know Livestreaming was free.

However, I don't know how communication will go, I think chat is reserved for paying members...

Going to take a bit to figure this out

Last edited by Unio-Mentium on Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kattington
®
®

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:31 pm

I don't see the stream showing up. Did you start the livestream program?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:39 pm

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/11527984/events/3694902 This should work, don't know if chat is available though.

I'll keep this window up in case we need to bring in another place where we can communicate, it only allows Premium Members to chat.

Last edited by Unio-Mentium on Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kattington
®
®

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:41 pm

Chat should show up when you open up the livestream window.

Last edited by Kattington on Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:43 pm

Is it currently online and working for you?
Back to top Go down
Kattington
®
®

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:45 pm

Would it work better for you if I walked you through the process on my computer? I have livestream as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:48 pm

That would be a good idea, at least until I know what I'm doing :p

*Crawls under table in shame* I had a Livestream a long while back, and then got rid of it
Back to top Go down
Kattington
®
®

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:49 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:53 pm

Now I gotta remember my username and password....I don't recall having to make a username, or is that a separate account thing altogether?

Figured it out and got it working. Gawd I'm a newb at this, now I remember why I quit my Livestream XD
Back to top Go down
Kattington
®
®

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:22 pm

I'm back now, sorry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model Modifying Issues   Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:17 pm

No worries ^^ Forgive my browser, and if I have any more questions, I'll be sure to ask, it's good to know people who have the know how about stuff. I'll post again with a SOLVED if your method works!
Back to top Go down

Model Modifying Issues
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: