HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Was this tutorial helpful?
Yes and I can now make items with few problems! (Great!)
57%
 57% [ 48 ]
Kinda, but I'm still having troubles.... (post and I'll help you :) )
27%
 27% [ 23 ]
No, I'm confused/can't be stuffed trying. (Why? Do you need help?)
15%
 15% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 84

AuthorMessage
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:05 am

First topic message reminder :

THIS TUTORIAL IS BEING RE-MADE
SEE HERE;
http://kito.forum.com.bz/t2127-sombra-s-re-made-item-mesher-tutorial-currently-no-rigging-tutorial

IT CURRENTLY DOES NOT HAVE A RE-MADE RIGGING TUTORIAL. REFER TO HERE OR HAMILTON'S TUTORIAL ON HOW TO RIG.

A NEW RIGGING TUTORIAL WILL BE MADE IN THE FUTURE.

In this tutorial you will learn how to:
Install scripts in blender,
Import .mesh files,
Transform a cube into a pretty item using various tools, and
Unwrap and apply UV Maps/ Textures.

ALL EXPORTER, ETC. FILES CAN BE FOUND IN THE RIGGING TUTORIAL

The following four posts are four seperate PM content that I pmed three or four people wanting to know how I make my items. I made up this tutorial in enough depth so hopefully anyone could understand it - but knowing how to do something is not the only thing you need. Patience and persistence are key.

As said the following was made in seperate PMs (and now seperate posts for section convenience) so if it mentions "PM" or "I'll show that in the next pm" ignore it or refer to the next post. When I have time I'll edit it but for now this can do.

I do warn you, none of the people I have sent the pms to have been able to use blender still because it is difficult to use, however I hope some of you can make use of the tutorial.

PLEASE NOTE I USE AN OLDER VERSION OF BLENDER ~Blender 2.49~ AND YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD THIS OLD VERSION FOR MY TUTORIAL TO MAKE SENSE

What I'll do, 'cause I'm not the best at explaining things in detail, with words, is I'll make a simple item (probably a helmet again) and take screenshots.

I can't do a video because of my limited upload/download data and screenshots are good enough Smile

I'm in the mood to do one now, so I'll send you PM's in parts, in case I run out of characters [letters] (unlikely, but it means you can switch between pm's and search through them quicker if you want to go over anything)

So yep :)First of all, I apologize if this seems like a really "noob-y" tutorial - I just want to be thorough :3 Keyboard shortcuts I will screenshot or label along the way.
Do be warned however, the method in which I do UV maps/texture maps may and may not work for different objects. So yes, let's begin Smile

Here's the first lot.

Step 1.
Open Blender XD
Step 2.
Open Itunes/etc. :Plistening to music while using blender calms you from the frustration of errors. Which happen a lot.
Step 3.
You start off with your boring, little cube. I find it easier to mold something over the model of the lion's head or body. So, you'll need to download 'ogre import' 'ogre-mesh-importer' and also a mesh exporter.
I do believe on the KITO website, or even on here there are links to these downloads.... if not, search deviantart - that is where I got mine.

The instructions are not very clear so this is what you do with them:
Once downloaded, go:
Local Disk (D:) > (PC's Username) > Appdata > Roaming > Blender Foundation > Blender > .blender > scripts > and that is where you put those scripts you downloaded :3
It took me a good long 10 minutes or so to work out where on earth I needed to put it as instructions on the tutorial on dA do not tell you.

Next bit:
Step 4.
Now you'll need to get OgreXMLConverter (if you can't find a download for this, then search for OgreCommandLineTools )Razz
Download that XD
But this time, you can put it anywhere (it ended up downloading/installing in my C: drive so I can't remember how it all works. This part you'll need to work out yourself D: )

Step 5.
In the Impressive World folder, find where all the meshes are.
C: > Program Files > Impressive World > Media > Models
The ones you are looking for are the ones ending in 'Mesh'.
Find whatever head you use ingame (because you want the items to fit your character specifically) and copy that to where-ever the OgreXMLConverter file is.

Step 6. Drag that head file onto the OgreXMLConverter and a black command box will appear momentarily. When it's finished, there will be a duplicate of the head file, but it will be (example) head3.mesh.xml which is what you import into blender.

Step 7. If you've done everything right so far, now we can go back into Blender and go File > Import > Ogre Mesh Importer (or Ogre (.mesh.xml)) and go find you're pretty lion head :3

The head will import really high up on the scene. For the sake of not screwing something invisible up, don't move it XD

To move the camera

Hold control (either left or right) and press the numpad buttons 2, 4, 8 and 6 and it will move the camera down, left, up and right.
To turn the camera around, let go of the control and press the same numbers.

Move the camera until you have a nice good view of the head. Alternatively you can scroll in and out, however it's far easier to use the numpad and control combination.

Step 8.
Now click on your cube and using the blue, red and green arrows bring it towards the head.
Make sure you're settings are the same as mine.

You can see the lion head, and also the cube behind it.
Now click on the Cube and move it to the 2nd layer (to do this, press 'M' and then click on the 2nd top square)

You can also see that:
1. It's set on object mode
2. Solid Draw Type
3. Have it on the triangle
4. You can see that there are objects on layer 1 and 2. The head on layer 1, and the cube on layer 2. This way, you can unclick the head layer to work on your item, and then control-click it again to view it on the lion Very Happy

Wow, so many steps and we haven't even started modelling!
But at least we are ready to model Very Happy

Step 9.
Move the cube around until you work out what in the name of the moon you're gonna make XD

But for tutorial sake, we'll make a helmet.

The next part will begin the modelling ^_^

Last edited by King Sombra on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
cattamer

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:06 pm

I Made myself a item, but can't get the UV Map. I tired sending the Mesh to someone else, and they can't get it ether. Some Help here?
Back to top Go down
http://impressivecats.createaforum.com
Slycan

Game username : Sly
Server : KITO
Female Posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:18 pm

cattamer wrote:
I Made myself a item, but can't get the UV Map. I tired sending the Mesh to someone else, and they can't get it ether. Some Help here?
http://kito.forum.com.bz/t79-how-to-make-uv-maps-for-3d-objects
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:07 pm

Thanks for replying for me Sly, I guess we can't be everywhere when we want to be Razz

(note to everyone else if you didn't work it out already; Slycan's the next best person to go to for item-related stuff and the person to go to about animal-related stuff Razz )
Back to top Go down
Annatiger1234

Game username : Annatiger1234
Female Posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:52 pm

I'm little bit confused, where do I download the stuff? From the right place
Back to top Go down
RainbowDash

Game username : Rainbowdash or akarivskage
Server : Bloodline
Female Posts : 144

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:16 am

I think imm use this! i been trying to use blender i want to learn 3D soooooooooooo bad, and at times i think to myself i cant do it, but the mor i see people use it the more i wanna try it.
Back to top Go down
Komaeda Nagito
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Server : IE
Male Posts : 1320

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:45 pm

RainbowDash wrote:
I think imm use this! i been trying to use blender i want to learn 3D soooooooooooo bad, and at times i think to myself i cant do it, but the mor i see people use it the more i wanna try it.

If your one of those built in mouse users I highly recommend getting a external mouse to plug in. IT makes things unbeeivably easier.
Back to top Go down
RedEye
Retired

Game username : -redeye-
Server : KITO
Male Posts : 2575

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:14 pm

also, 3 buttons with scroll is required.

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:49 am

I'm going to be re-making this tutorial Smile

Also, of the 23 people who said they can successfully make items with little or no problems in the poll at the top of the message I would LOVE to see what you guys have been able to come up with.

And separate those that just chose that option to look good. Neutral
Back to top Go down
CutieKlaudia

Server : Lost Land Of Soul
Female Posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Hi Shado, well i need help , when you said (xml.mesh importer (to import .xml.mesh into Blender)
Download Link)

and then i clicked the download link but, however i had instaid download , i had letters e_e , it would be helpful when you tell me what do in the ( .xm mesh into blender) <3

By: Cutie Pie

here is the pic of the letters c: :

sorry if it big c:
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:50 am

You need to download the .py file
then put the filename.py script file into:
D:/(username)/AppData/Roaming/Blender Foundation/.blender/scripts

don't open the file, just copy & paste
Back to top Go down
CutieKlaudia

Server : Lost Land Of Soul
Female Posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:30 pm

i would love to have video how to make items on blender, like when you download that stuff and that thing, is would be vary nice for me, because i cant read a little , so again, it would be the best thing for me <3 c:
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:57 pm

Unfortunately because of my internet I can not make a video tutorial.

However if it helps in any way, I learnt from several youtube videos alongside Slycan's tips and Hamilton's rigging tutorial - not to mention random Ogre/Blender help sites found on Google!

I tried to do this tutorial to help beginners learn easier than I did and have everything they need to know in one place, instead of scouting out youtube and google like I and many of the original meshers had to.

So if you would prefer a video, I suggest looking through youtube Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:09 pm

Awesome *O*

But one,maybe stupid, question -- how i can put two items together?~
Back to top Go down
RainbowDash

Game username : Rainbowdash or akarivskage
Server : Bloodline
Female Posts : 144

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:11 pm

Just want to say, your tutorial and ruby's tutorial lead me to make my first item! and i'm now making items for my own server~
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:17 pm

Necro wrote:
Awesome *O*

But one,maybe stupid, question -- how i can put two items together?~

You mean like a bracelet on both legs but as only one item?
It is possible since the Spike Earrings do it and technically have two bones, but I have no idea how. I don't even know if the Spike Earrings are actually using two actual bones or if they're just used to align the items onto the ears, so I can not say for sure.

What I can say is it's never worked for me.

RainbowDash wrote:
Just want to say, your tutorial and ruby's tutorial lead me to make my first item! and i'm now making items for my own server~

Glad to know it helps people Wink
Back to top Go down
Jessie Dagger

Game username : Jessie Dagger
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:03 pm

I opened the .mesh file I was using wrong and I converted it to a blender file that I have to use blender to open it but it won't recognize it and I cannot get it back to the original white blank page.. I am having a breakdown i don't know what to do! FIXED (well no but I got it to work Razz)

NEW PROBLEM: I have everything write I think... But uhm, when I try to get the Head3.mesh.xml (or something like that) I opened blender, went to File>Import And I looked half a million times, there is no Ogre Mesh Importer for me to click.. Just a bunch of jibberish that I don't understand at all (NOTE: I am very stupid sometimes Razz)

Please try to help... I think it's because I cannot frind an ogre importer ANYWHERE At all.. Like there is no download ;3;
Back to top Go down
..:WolfSoul:..

Game username : giota123
Server : RS,ROS,Soe,LM
Female Posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:58 pm

thanks so much so helpful ;D i want to see more tutorials written by ya xD
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:30 am

Jessie Dagger wrote:
I opened the .mesh file I was using wrong and I converted it to a blender file that I have to use blender to open it but it won't recognize it and I cannot get it back to the original white blank page.. I am having a breakdown i don't know what to do! FIXED (well no but I got it to work Razz)

NEW PROBLEM: I have everything write I think... But uhm, when I try to get the Head3.mesh.xml (or something like that) I opened blender, went to File>Import And I looked half a million times, there is no Ogre Mesh Importer for me to click.. Just a bunch of jibberish that I don't understand at all (NOTE: I am very stupid sometimes Razz)

Please try to help... I think it's because I cannot frind an ogre importer ANYWHERE At all.. Like there is no download ;3;

For the first part of your message, you need the Ogre Mesh Importer which can be found through google -if you look hard enough-
From inside Blender you need to go file > import > ogre mesh importer (.mesh.xml)
the file must be in the file type .mesh.xml

to get a .mesh.xml from an existing .mesh file you need to use the Ogre Mesh Converter tool which can also be found on google.

as for the second part, yes you do need to download ogre mesh importer. You will need to google it yourself, the original link I used has long since expired, so it's up to you to use google yourself and find it.

Giota123 wrote:
thanks so much so helpful ;D i want to see more tutorials written by ya xD

I will be re-making this tutorial so it's easier to understand, but maybe I can find other things to do in the future Wink
Back to top Go down
djcry

Game username : DEJ
Server : Haunted Heart's Revenge
Female Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:55 pm

ogre-mesh-importer..

Uhh.. Cant find the download.
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:01 am

djcry wrote:
ogre-mesh-importer..

Uhh.. Cant find the download.

go google it then Wink
Back to top Go down
PacussTheWolf

Game username : PacussWolf, on old IT - kovu03
Server : SoulPaws - Owner, TomorrowLand... Lot.. lot... :D
Female Posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:06 pm

Ohh Sad It doesnt works Sad .. It write error when exporting Sad

Back to top Go down
http://soulpaws.create-a-board.com/
ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:53 pm

you need to go back to the buttons window and change the files OB and ME names.

once that's done, go back to the export menu and select your mesh. Press update. export.
Back to top Go down
PacussTheWolf

Game username : PacussWolf, on old IT - kovu03
Server : SoulPaws - Owner, TomorrowLand... Lot.. lot... :D
Female Posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:24 pm

And how? :3 I dont see anything, only Buttons Menu Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://soulpaws.create-a-board.com/
Fightilldust

Game username : Fightilldust/Autumn
Server : Dragon Heart (Forum Mod), Spirit Wolves(Adminstrator)
Female Posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:46 pm

Gosh so complicated i want to make items but this looks SOO hard and im not sure if ive got enougb patience to do it, althought i want to make items for my server Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFtghlItbPKFa338ApP25BA
KarmicDemon

Game username : Archangel Lacey
Server : Fires Of Heaven (Administrator)
Female Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:31 pm

You are very awesome to do this Very Happy
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Weeds2012

Female Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: ~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>   Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:39 am

Okay, I am trying to learn how to mesh, and I have tried everything. Simply put, I DO NOT have a scripts folder in Blender. At all. I read the tutorials, and it says this: "Once you have the scripts downloaded, you'll need to EXTRACT the contents, and copy them to the scripts folder, located in
C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts
OR
C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts". I don't have these, in either location. Why? I can supply screenshots if you need them, proving they are just not there. What can I do? Can I make a folder for the scripts? Please no sarcastic or smart a** answers. I am just trying to learn like everyone else. Looking forward to some help on this, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down

~The Original How to make items in Blender~ <IMAGE HEAVY>
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Tutorials-
Jump to: