HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lazyzim

™

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 744

PostSubject: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi guys,

Dragon's Den recently downloaded some "Free to Use" meshes from the Feral Heart Forum.
They were a Chocolate Fountain, Chocolate Volcano, Lollypops and Cupcake Dens plus a Banana Boat.
Luckily when we showed a demo of the map we were going to use them in we were told that they were in fact
the property of Slycan. The Banana Boat is the property of Tigg.

I wish to confirm if they are in fact stolen meshes or have been released for "Free to Use".
If they are free to use we will use them with permission or delete them completely if they have been stolen.

As a additional suggestion it is about time someone had a look through the stuff on Feral Heart and reported any stolen
meshes, etc. Since I am only new to this I do not know if something has been stolen if it is listed as free. I can only go
on what I am told. So I must assume I am told the truth.

If you are a creator of new content, meshes, sounds, items, whatever please take steps to protect your work.

I will await a response on the meshes I am holding and hold off on their release or possible deletion.

~Lazyzim~

Additional Note. The Banana Boat was a paid commision by Rak$haWw and she has given Dragon's Den written permission to use it.
I will contact Tigg to ensure she is happy with this arrangement. ~Lazyzim~

Edited 14/2/2013: ObeyTheFist has advised me that "recent' could have been 2 years ago as that was when she thinks she may have found these particular meshes.

Last edited by lazyzim on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RakshaWw

Game username : RakshaWw
Server : Last Moon
Female Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:16 pm

Thanks Zim

Click
Back to top Go down
http://www.rakshaww.deviantart.com
lazyzim

™

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:29 pm

RakshaWw wrote:
Thanks Zim

Click

No problems buddy, I've sent you a copy via a PM on Dragon's Den and a copy to Obey as she is home and unwell so I haven't spoken to her yet concerning this.

Cheers
~Lazyzim~

Hang on I just read your Feral Heart Post are you giving permission for map-makers in Feral Heart to use these meshes?
I thought you said they were Slycans? I am confused now.
~Lazyzim~
Back to top Go down
RakshaWw

Game username : RakshaWw
Server : Last Moon
Female Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:46 pm

The fountain and banana boat yes i have given permission since I commissioned them, the other ones are slycans so thats up to her XD
I'll make that more clear on the FH thread <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.rakshaww.deviantart.com
Draak
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Draak
Female Posts : 681

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:54 pm

:I makes me wonder what else has been taken from IT and turned into "FREE MESHES!!1" over there.

Gonna have a bit of a browse, but there's just so much .-.
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:59 pm

I am browsing now.
But I can not tell what is free or Stolen
However there are links to stuff by Slycan and Hamilton I am guessing are not free to use.
~Lazyzim~

OK thanks RakshaWw I understand now.
Back to top Go down
Draak
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Draak
Female Posts : 681

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:28 pm

Ditto. Too hard to tell.

Haven't come across any of my stuff either which is good.

EDIT:

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=19820.0

Razmirz's sword, and also in their signature I see they have horns from IW. As well as one of Ham's fedoras.

IW's Cookie: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=28019.0
Back to top Go down
Komaeda Nagito
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Server : IE
Male Posts : 1320

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:58 pm

Gatta love FH
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 380

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:35 pm

Quote :
As well as one of Ham's fedoras.

I released an item pack to FH users that included the non-black fedoras, horns, and just anything from my free item pack that could be fit onto the FH models.

I've also got a side forum full of free map objects that I freely/openly linked to for FH users to go nuts over. (I really should update it......eventually...)

HOWEVER: anything specifically from SoE should not be found on the FH site.
Back to top Go down
Virus.

Game username : Virus
Server : Final Tale
Female Posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:41 pm

Well, I've downloaded a map from FH from... a long time ago. It was a "Chocolate World" map or something. It had the exact meshes as the ones Lazy and Rak were talking about in it. I'm not sure if you guys made that, but it also included a chocolate rabbit retextured from IT, a chocolate zebra retex (I think), as well as the duckling from IT.
Not sure if these were also stolen or if one of you made the map.
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:29 pm

Virus. wrote:
Well, I've downloaded a map from FH from... a long time ago. It was a "Chocolate World" map or something. It had the exact meshes as the ones Lazy and Rak were talking about in it. I'm not sure if you guys made that, but it also included a chocolate rabbit retextured from IT, a chocolate zebra retex (I think), as well as the duckling from IT.

RakshaWw wrote:

Click

Link explains everything concerning the "chocolate world" map. eevvveerrrryyyttthhhiiinnnggg
Back to top Go down
Slycan

Game username : Sly
Server : KITO
Female Posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:11 am

Although I'm starting to become curious as to who are these people that keep giving DD stolen content due to lack of freebies link , I no longer hold ownership over those models. They were made for Raksha, up to her what she wants done with her content :3
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:47 am

Slycan wrote:
Although I'm starting to become curious as to who are these people that keep giving DD stolen content due to lack of freebies link , I no longer hold ownership over those models. They were made for Raksha, up to her what she wants done with her content :3

As I said in the post they were readily available on the Feral Heart Forum. Before Obey and I heard of IT we were collecting free meshes from all types of 3D forums including Feral Heart which we were playing at the time. We have hundreds of meshes in all types of format Obj, 3ds as well as Ogre Mesh, which we readily convert to use in our maps. These Feral Heart meshes were collected possibly over 2 years ago.

In fact there is another post further down where someone downloaded the whole Chocolate World Map on Feral Heart.
I was unable to find it but the Feral Heart forum is such a mess with cross posting it is amazing to find anything.

I am in the process of re-doing the whole map we made since your meshes were in it and we were unaware they were stolen until RakshaWw advised us. However RakshaWw has given her permission to use them, but I think you should still have a say in the work you have done unless you were paid for them then it becomes the owner's decision as to what becomes of them.

I am finding it extremely curious as to why you seem to object to anything that happens with Dragon's Den.
We are just another server making a fun game. We share information and some content.
We ask questions and supply help when we can.

The "stolen content" you keep referring to was given to us nearly a year ago, we thought by the rightful owner.
It seems you are the only person unaware of who that was. When we found out the truth we apologised to the owners and
they told us we could use the meshes as they had ownership having paid you for them. Since then we have replaced one of the meshes
with our own mesh and supplied it to KITO for all as well as supplied additional content to the server in question.

In fact the owners of those meshes never accussed us of stealing anything only you keep mentioning it.
I am curious as to why.

This thread was started to remind designers of content to check that it has not been released on Feral Heart as "freebies".

~Lazyzim~

Back to top Go down
Slycan

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:37 pm

As I was refering to the present; I can only suggest due to the amount of content DragonDen has gathered that the system you already have for "crediting" all it's creators be defined to a greater extent of detail so we won't have to go through such measurement to get down to the bottom of these problems, as well as multiple portrayed doubts in our future. This will help us root issues instead of re seeding them to sprout once again. thus less wall text of misunderstanding and more problem solving. I'm not longer willing to point fingers to the "unknown until un believably later to avoid faults" tactics. I and everyone else deserves to know where one refers their material before the fact it becomes a troubling matter of stolen tendencies, not after to point only toward limbo.

Good luck, I'm sure this will resolve, and unravel.
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:35 am

I think the system we use at present is perfectly adequate to acknowledge any assistance we are offered or any maps, items or help that is given to us. We make every attempt to thank all who assist us and confirm ownership of anything we find that appears suspicious. The creators of Dragon's Den are ObeyTheFist and myself.

Since only you seem to require to " get down to the bottom of these problems" and are the person "this will help us root issues instead of re seeding them to sprout once again." and thus causing a recurrance of issues that only you seem to take issue with I think that how Dragon's Den is run is of our concern.

Going back to the initial reason for this thread due to the kindness of Rak$haWw we will be using the bananaboat and the chocolate fountain in our map. Since you have not chosen to give us permission to use the choc volcano or candy or the cupcake dens. Since we believe now they are yours as they were given to Rak$haWw and not a commision, we have deleted the items from our map and are using meshes we have obtained from ShareCG and other 3d Sites and have converted them to Ogre Format and textured ourselves.

As a side note I was unaware that the original map made by Rak$haWw, where these meshes came from was a FH map. I was under the belief that once created you could not harvest meshes from inside a FH map that being the reason for the encryption and the main cause why meshes are "borrowed" from the Impressive Title community. This being the case how were they made available on the FH forum are the infact not as secure as I was lead to believe? Maybe Redeye can enlighten me.

~Lazyzim~
Back to top Go down
Slycan

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:48 am

Simple question then that won't make you wall text me hopefully

Exactly who did you find the models from then since I seem to be "the only person that doesn't know" which is beyond the truth and more annoying avoidance..
AKA The person that made the things and said it's up to Raksha to let you use them.
AKA The person that didn't care if you kept them or not but go ahead and get my stuff off your server please.

PS - If you have to wall text me just to give me a name then you can talk to Redeye about why you can't log in KITO anymore. I have faith in your credit system as much as you do though so, that shouldn't be the case.
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:44 am

Since I used to go through the FH forums 2 or so years ago, that was when I was downloading maps for FH and any items for my own maps that I was making. (And never finished XD)

I went through the FH forum searching for where I got those items from, but could find nothing. Seeing as I got them 2 years ago, it's entirely possible that whatever thread they were in has been removed. I tried to find you some links, Sly, I really did, but its hard when stuff like that is so old and on such a messy forum filled with so much content. ._.

Any content I downloaded from FH was listed as 'free' or I would never go near it. I have some packs from Wombat, Hamilton, Drekentai and a lot of loose objects, including a few of yours, that I never used on FH or IT.

I know a lot of content from quite a few IT servers has found its way onto FH - either in maps or, far more recently, since KovuLKD added items to FH. Since then I have seen a disturbing increase of people giving out 'free items' for FH players that they have 'made' and 'own' when really all they did was steal it off some poor unsuspecting IT server.

Anyone with an IT server should be aware that many people on FH do take things and will use it. Perhaps we should ask FH to post something about it...? Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:57 pm

The encryption the FH uses now for custom maps is NOT how it's always been. I can't say for certain if it was the last update where we saw wings and items added, or if it was the update before that one. But it is a relatively new feature when compared to the games progress (i use this term loosely).

Since it seems to be forgotten, or perhaps no-one else here was on FH at the time: The Easter map that Rak released for the FH players was not an official map. And at the time (the first year for FH) there was no encryption for maps. This meant to allow the players to visit the map and full enjoy it, the models had to be made part of the download. So EVERY player who downloaded that map to par-take in the Easter festivities, also got all the models.

I do not have them. I never downloaded the map. But many MANY other players did. Therefor, there are still many players who have these meshes in their objects folder. This doesn't excuse those players from re-releasing the models in their own bundles. Merely explains where they obtained them in the first place. Directly from the source.
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Hamilton wrote:
The encryption the FH uses now for custom maps is NOT how it's always been. I can't say for certain if it was the last update where we saw wings and items added, or if it was the update before that one. But it is a relatively new feature when compared to the games progress (i use this term loosely).

Since it seems to be forgotten, or perhaps no-one else here was on FH at the time: The Easter map that Rak released for the FH players was not an official map. And at the time (the first year for FH) there was no encryption for maps. This meant to allow the players to visit the map and full enjoy it, the models had to be made part of the download. So EVERY player who downloaded that map to par-take in the Easter festivities, also got all the models.

I do not have them. I never downloaded the map. But many MANY other players did. Therefor, there are still many players who have these meshes in their objects folder. This doesn't excuse those players from re-releasing the models in their own bundles. Merely explains where they obtained them in the first place. Directly from the source.

It was last update the items and wings came in, then there was a patch fix. Aahh...Lazy and I started playing FH when the maps were encrypted. .fhm, fho files and whatnot. We never knew about Rak's chocolate map either.

That would explain where people got them to release. Thanks Hammy. :3

Is it worth asking the FH staff to post something warning the players about stealing/releasing things from IT servers?
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
RedEye
Retired

Game username : -redeye-
Male Posts : 2577

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:54 pm

The current encryption in FH is dedicated to me :P

Game username : Virus
Server : Final Tale
Female Posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:32 pm

Hamilton wrote:
Virus. wrote:

RakshaWw wrote:

Click

Link explains everything concerning the "chocolate world" map. eevvveerrrryyyttthhhiiinnnggg

oop, sorry, only read portions of the article. guess I skipped over that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use   

Back to top Go down

Possible Stolen Meshes on Feral Heart Forum listed as Free to Use
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Warnings-
Jump to: